Lollipops

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by blah blah boy, Jan 23, 2013.

1. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I tried to make some today and they came out ok but the cannabutter ended up separating in the sugar mixture. so when I was pouring out a Tbsp at a time there was a bunch of water/oil (whatever it was).

I followed a basic lolli recipe.

3/4 sugar

1/2 light corn surup

1/4 cup cannabutter

heat to 275F-300F and stir in 3 oz Jello.

Made the butter this way.

What is the trick to not having separate?

2. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

It was most likely water from the cannabutter. When mixed with the hot sugar, the water seperated from the butter.

Anytime you're cooking with melted sugar, water is going to be your enemy.

Peace.....

3. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

If the butter is separating then you are bringing the temp of the candy mixture up too fast. Slowly bring it up to temp and it should work.

4. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

After wasting 1/4 cup of cannabutter I tried it with reg unsalted butter with no weed. I did take my time and brought it up to temp in about 20 min compared to the first attempt of 9 min.

The second ones (non-potent) came out fine no water and tasted real good. Kids ate them but granular tasting just like the first. Anyone know why? Guessing its the sugars fault.

I am going to try it again with the cannabutter and take my time. Should I drain off the water if I can? When it separates?

5. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

i read somewhere that you use a tincture for making hard candy

6. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I have made a similar recipe, it just uses cool aid instead of jello. It worked fine, my guess is it had water in it, the THC is probly still in the candy. I have also made the normal candy recipe with the dram of flavor. I used tincture for that one. It was horrible, I couldn't even eat it.