LumiGrow ES 330w LED Test

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by calibuddz, Jul 29, 2009.

1. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i tried something different and used the flash on my camera this time around. very impressive with just the blue light. looks like an angel hehehe.

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

ive never been good with a camera, hehe. let me know what yall think.

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Since we're looking at highly efficient hyper expensive lights here and on another thread, I think it would be cool to see a sulphur plasma compared to an LED grow. Just dreamin......

cheers,

3. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

here are some pics with the LED off and my camera flash on.

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

4. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

i did another BIG LEAFING and removed a bunch of leaves to expose the flowers to the light.

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

TheFomorian likes this.
  5. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

some pics

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Just found this thread. Very nice documentation. I would like to see a side by side (your system vs. a 600W HPS) to see if the results are really comparable as the manufacturer claims.

Perhaps some time in the future.

I've played around with LEDs a while ago and came to the conclusion that, while red and blue work very well for vegging, you need more spectrum to flower.

I'll be watching this grow. Thanks for posting it.

7. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

led`s wouldnt stand a chance vs sulpher plasma.

8. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

well, i am going to be doing a side by side 'watt for watt' test with 2 LumiGrow ES up against a 600w HPS. max yield will be the factor. should be a really fun test. input would be much appreciated. seperate pots? same container? i will be purchasing a second unit very shortly, so i should have the test ready to go once this one is finished. as for plasma, i dont think i want a spinning ball of fire in my grow room, hehehe.

9. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

lol, where going from an extreme to the fucking extreme there!

10. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

all good cali, the new sulfur plasma lights do NOT have moving parts.

back in the 90`s yes but Not these new ones.

11. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Hey..if I'm dumping a $1500 or more on efficient lights why not look at everything in that price range?

Nice grow Cali...way to keep us posted:thumbsup:

cheers,

12. Keggin

Keggin New Sprout

Sulpher plasma, worth a look.

I think ResinRubber is right. Take a look at this sight and navagate around to aggriculter. http://www.plasma-i.com/sulphur-plasma-light.htm

Edit: The LED is lookin like its puttin out a few buds, start'n to look tastey.

13. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

6 1/2 week update. my back went out when i was tending to my garden, so i have been out of comission for a bit. anyways...... these buds are hard as rocks. i cant wait till harvest time rolls around.

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

14. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

15. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Looking good calibuddz! :thumbsup: They look pretty dense and frosty.

16. Relax

Relax Excommunicated

Heeeeey Cali!! Those bad lookin women seem to be gettin reeeeally stickie and stinkie. They must smell like heaven:thumbsup: .

17. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

7 1/2 week update. 3 more days, and then they get the axe. should be a week from then and i will have the dried weight results. id say the buds are medium size. what is also suprising is that my HPS buds arent too much bigger. could be because i only used 1/4 strength on my boosters. im gonna hit em hard next round. i still havent purchased my second unit for the next test, but will very shortly. enough chatter, here are some pics...

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

18. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

lets throw some HPS comparison shots. this is to compare bud structure, not a true test comparison. i recently harvested the tops, so the buds pictured are the clusters just below.

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

last batch of pics for this test (until its all dry). they get one more cold night and then, the axe. i cant wait till the harvested dry weight (trimmed) results are in. i will keep yall posted.

i brought the unit down to 6" for these last 2 days.

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

20. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

[​IMG]

i will take some pics with just white light before i chop them for everyone to see them in some more 'natural' light.