LumiGrow ES 330w LED Test

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by calibuddz, Jul 29, 2009.

1. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Developed Alternating Nodes

This is totally cool, cant wait for the results.

As far as the cost goes, I would rather spend 1500 once. and not have the glare from the power & light guy every time he stops by.

regardless of the "payback". Not being busted is worth it to me.

2. 4F2C0J

4F2C0J STAYYY FLYYY

Nice grow man!

3. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

lets see them under the light of my T5. the calyx are black. yummy.

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

4. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stick a fork in them, they're done. AXE TIME! down with the light barrier.

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i cant wait till they are dry. next update will be the 'dried harvest weight update'.

i purchased a second unit for the next test. i will keep yall posted on that.

5. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

well done sir.....this was a very impressive thread to say the least.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Interested in the dry weight. What about a trim?

Thanks cali :thumbsup:

7. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Without even knowing the dry weight I'm impressed. Nice long buds and plenty of them. Looks pretty damn sweet to me! I would be interested in one of these if I could afford the price tag :siskel:. But all in all I guess the price really isnt all that bad if they last a long time. Thanks for taking the time dude and looking forward to the next grow.

Before I hit the submit button Im curious....this light is supposed to be the equivalent to a 600W HPS correct? And the next test you do will be 2 of these lamps and your going to compare it to a 600W HPS grow? I must be missing something here :icon_scratch:

8. cheebamonkey

cheebamonkey Harvested Frosty Nugs

man that is some sweet looking smoke!!! :thumbsup:

9. jollygreen

jollygreen Veggy Stage

now thats cool shit dude, i have read thatyou could leave pure blue lighting on 24/7 with the leds. and i am going to refer to SKUNK volume 5 issue 1 in the Experimental lighting artical so please try and let us know since3 you seem to be the only one that jumped in both feet to the led world. But the buds are very nice man

10. Webmaster

Webmaster Webby

calibuddz i want to thank you for your fine work here. i can't wait to see the gram/watt results!

i have been researching LED grow lights for about almost a year now and i am also in the process of doing some LED testing. the lumigrow look nice, i wish i would have bought that one, i did get one with red/white/blue tho. i love how you can adjust the colors individually on the lumigrow.

you touched on all of this in your thread but i think it's worth repeating. the main thing people should look at when considering if LEDs are right for their garden is the cost/gram of production. my last grow cost me about $3.70/gram just in power! the bulk of that went to cooling the room(granted it was summer). i figure that if i can find an LED that can even come close to my 1000W HPSes the power savings from cooling the room alone will make it worth it within a couple rounds, not to mention the straight power savings & not having to replace the HPS bulbs every 6 months @ $80/each (50,000 LED life hours is over 11 years on 12/12!). plus my room is LOUD & i would love to kill some of the fans.

Here are my main reasons why I would like to go LEDs:

Less heat => less fans & AC => less power & much more quiet.

Less fire danger

Less nutrients & water used & don't have to cool res, this also means less frequent checking of water levels/ph/ec when using a DWC.

Cheaper $/g yield?

Here are some things I worry about with LEDs:

Mold problems without the heat of the HID

Thin/loose buds

Potency

How the plants will behave in a DWC

Nutrient adjustments for the different growing environment

Canopy penetration

Coverage area per light

I am documenting my LED experiments & once I find one that I can recommend I will post the results.

11. Webmaster

Webmaster Webby

also have you hooked a killawatt up to that thing to see how much power it is really pulling?

12. utelme

utelme Germinated

L E Ds

Those buds make my heart flutter and I am really inspired. I bought two of the Led 100watt light red /blue lights. Im hoping to grow about 10-12 plants totally my first try inside.

Years ago we just used to throw the mex seeds out in the garden if they grew they grew. Things have come a long way since then. I want to thank all of you who post these threads and share your beautiful crop photos it is inspiring makes an old dog want to learn the new tricks . keep on keepin on:thumbsup:

13. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Nice harvest!

I still say you could have achieved a lot more with a 600 HPS. LED's time will come but not yet.

14. 4F2C0J

4F2C0J STAYYY FLYYY

Nice harvest best I have seen with LED so far, ill be :new_popcornsmiley: for the dry weight report.

15. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

im still here yall. i gave them a nice slow dry, and will be trimming them tomorrow. i will have a harvest weight update shortly with some pics. i have been very busy this past week, trying to get everything ready for next round.

16. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

the Harvest Weight Update is in. i took a hit on yield this round, both HPS and LED. final dry weight is 107.6g. for my next test i am going to need to keep the units much closer to the canopy. it will take me a bit to get things fully dialed in. i am not disappointed one bit though. the quality is out of this world. gotta be the best i have ever grown. major bag appeal. lets see some trim pics.

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

FROM THE BEGINING TO THE FINAL WEIGH IN!! i told yall i wouldnt let you down. now lets hear what the people have to say..........

17. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

I say job well done man! Shit I wouldnt be disappointed. I think having the light lower to start with would have improved the yield like you said. Im sure you will only improve with each grow under that light. Looking forward to your next growshow man and thanks for sharing it with us. Take care.

18. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

This has been a great thread to follow but 3.8 oz from a $1,500 unit blows. Looks like LED's just cannot produce big fat buds. I'll stick to my HPS for now.

Thanks for an interesting thread :thumbsup:

19. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

20. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Its still crazy money for the yield. A 400W HPS can net you 16 oz every cycle and will cost you £85 to buy.