Makin BUTTAH!

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by Dixie Hicky, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

I took 4 oz of OKbut not great buds/trim, ran it thru my Bullet blender and pulverized it. Put it in my crock pot with four sticks of butter and about a quart of water and let it simmer 12 hours.

Then I strained it and squeezed out all the water/butter I could, let the remaining stuff sit in the fridge til the butter hardened on top, lifted it off and melted it again to measure how much finished cannabutter I had. It came to one cup.
    Since I know a stick of butter = 1/2 cup, and I used FOUR sticks...I expected to have at least 11/2 cups of cannabutter. I assume a lot of butter was saturated into the green stuff, and was lost?

Anyway....should I ADD two more sticks of plain butter (to make four batches of brownies, each using one stick's worth) or do I leave it as is, enough for TWO batches of brownies? Reason I ask is...that would mean TWO oz of weed in each batch. That sounds like way too much...?

IF I go ahead and add two sticks of plain butter and make four batches, each batch would contain one oz of bud/trim. Doesnt that sound right?

Dixie

2. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I would make three batches: one with a stick of the bud butter and one regular, and if that is too strong make two more with half of the bud butter and use regular for the remaining butter needed.

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Yeah, that's tough to figure. It all depends on the weed going in Dix. I'm with Lion tho. One batch full cannabutter. If it knocks you on your arse reduce the amount of cannabutter in the next couple batches.

cheers,

4. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Allrighty! Sounds like a plan.

teehee....I'll let you know....IF I am able to type...or find my puter...

Dixie