Making a change

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by AlienBait, Mar 19, 2015.

1. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

I am thinking of changing to using E-n-F tables and LED lights. With that in mind, I need to know what yield I could expect from a 2x4 table using the home-made LED light setup that Skunky made. I know a lot depends on strain, CO2 usage, growing skill, etc. I just want to get a rough idea.

Thanks!

2. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Should be able to get ~12 -16oz or so depending on strain. 12 is a very realistic number. If you pull less than 8 something definitely isn't right, needs some dialing in. LOL Though if you build what I did you might consider using CXB-3070s instead of the CXAs I used. They are just a little newer and better diodes. I need to do some searching for reflector options because I think it would be pretty helpful.

3. AlienBait

O.K., I was hoping to get around a pound. So this might work.

It looks like no one is stocking the CXBs yet. I know I can get the CXAs at DigiKey, so for now, I may just use those.... for my first build... :coolbounce:

By the way, why do you need a reflector. The lights point down.

4. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I was just curious, are you all talking reflector lense cover?

5. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

LEDs LOL

I HAVE SEEM THEM WORK GREAT ON A SMALL SCALE BUT I HAVE SEEN A WHOLE 10X10 ROOM COMPLETELEY FULL OF $20,000 WORTH OF THEM AND AFTER 3 GROWS SWITCHED BACK TO 4 1,000 HPS'S:bong-2:

6. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Then somebody sold them the wrong LEDs. Still haven't told us what brand or size they 'foolishly' bought.

Be Cool, CG

7. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I generally pull 18-22oz from my 2x4 with a 1k and about 14-16 with a 600

8. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Back to the subject. I've only used LED on a 2 x 2 and flowered just 2 plants, got a little over 5 ozs. It was just 1 lumigrow 325 and no CO2. So I think with the right lights on that 2 x 4 table a lb is within reach. Especially after you get a couple rounds under your belt. Good luck!!

Be Cool, CG

9. AlienBait

10. AlienBait

I am small scale. :thumbsup:

11. AlienBait

I am not sure what type of reflector Skunky was talking about.

Skunky, more info please. :jj:

12. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

My next run will be with a 2x4 table. I'll just run Leds and we will see what I get.

mt.king, you just don't have your facts.:read2: I know LEDs designed and used correctly can match what a HPS can do. They are better designed for ebb and flow grows or see of green style growe's, just because you can keep the lights closer with out heat concerns and get massive results. With technology changing all the time they are just going to get better and less expensive to produce.

I still have my HPS lights and will most likely get rid of them someday.

AlienBait, I hope you do do a side by side run to compare. :thumbsup:

MGJs :redbong:

13. Justcheckingitout

Diy like skunky has, has proven good lights. Onyx and area 51 have proven good lights. (I have onyx and think they are better than area 51 because the use 10w leds instead of 5 w. That area 51 uses) You may not get the same amount you woud get with hps. Def alot of perks with leds. I enjoy faster flower and more thc crystals, lower heat, lower power bill. No bulb replacments. Nice easy set up lights that dont take up much space. For my personal grow its a win win, i dont deal for a living so i dont miss a whole lot from hps. Sorry for the rant, i like my onyx.

14. Justcheckingitout

I am assuming he is talking about led lense covers, they reflect the light better as far as what angle of light you get. 60*~80* ex. Some swear by them, some say dont use them but the light manufact say use them. ???????

15. mt.king

too tall

i think his problem was too big of plants too tall

16. skunky

Like a parabolic reflector. The cob LEDs are flat there is no convex epoxy or lenses. Sense there is no lense they are flat and not cylindrical they emit light 180*. Though most is concentrated in about a 90* beam there is still some unnecessary spread to the margins that could be redirected below. The numbers I gave are off what I've done in 2 gal coco no CO2. With the xgs 190, rw150, and the diy lamp that comes into about 680w combined Which is just a little over what a 600w hps uses I average a little over 2lbs on an 8 wks schedule. I use a 4" htg centrifugal on anywhere from low to mid. I rotate things in and out and harvest every 2-4 weeks just depending on the rotation. Happens when you have 10 stains varying from 7-12 weeks. LOL Up front cost HPS and CMH is king. Cmh mainly. Not sure why more HPS guys didn't use old analog ballasts and covert. Cooler running and better performing. But anyways the returns for led I'm banking on are better yields kW/g for overall consumption, lower electricity with no loss on yields, no bulb replacement (one of my main initial attractions. Since I was one who felt the need to replace every 6 months. Definitely no longer than a year). So far and knock on wood never had an issue like pretty much every single person that has bought the cheaper lights. Only issue I had was one fan clicked on the xgs. He sent a replacement. I never installed it. Still that same fan. The click Is intermitten. Then on the diy one day lights came on and cpu heatsink fans did not. Showed no power on the indicator for the supply. Pulled the main power plug and bent the prongs inward. Reinstalled. Never an issue since. Was just loose connection. The xgs has been running over a year the rw is getting close to year and the diy about 6 months. Using the PAR meter none of them have shown any marked degradation.

17. mt.king

suplimental

im for them just not exclusive

18. skunky

19. AlienBait

20. AlienBait

With my current schedule, that wont be until the Fall/Winter. :redbong: