Making "Bubble" Hash for the First Time is Easy

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by rasganjah, Nov 26, 2010.

1. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I finally made my first batch of Ice Water Extraction/"Bubble" Hash tonight. I used my Payload bags that were recommended by several of my GK buddies, Thanks Guys!:thumbs-up: So I took pics of the entire process to document as a first time hash maker my entire experience and process for those other newbie growers that are thinking of making their own hash but haven't becuz they are thinking that it's difficult.

Step 1: Take your 5 gal. ice water extraction bags (mine are Payload brand) and stack them in a 5 gal bucket, starting with the smallest size screen first and following sequentially smallest to largest. In my case it's 25,73,90,220.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 2: put enough ice to fill the bucket 1/4 of the way

[​IMG]

Step 3: add your trim/roughly finger broken buds (frozen from the freezer)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 4: Add reverse osmosis filtered water to fill the bucket up to about 4-5 inches from the top.

[​IMG]

Step 5: mix with mixer on med for 15 minutes, adding ice as necessary to keep the mix cold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 6 & 7: Allow to sit for 10-15 min. after mixing, and then begin pulling the first bag out in a gently jigging/shaking motion and squeeze out all the water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and you're left with this water in and the remaining bags.

[​IMG]

Step 8: pull the next bag using the same jigging/shaking motion until all the water is drained and only the hash remains in the bottom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was left with a nice ball of hash in the 90 micron bag.

Step 9: Scrape the hash from the screen (I stretched it tight over a lid from a kitchen sauce pan) using a spoon or credit card and place onto the pressing screen.

[​IMG]

Step 10: repeat steps 8 & 9 for the remaining bags.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got very little from the 73 micron bag so I added it together with the hash from the 90 micron bag. continue with the last 25 micron bag.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 11: Squeeze each ball of hash (separately) in the pressing screen to remove all the excess water and place the ball of hash onto a piece of cardboard and break into a couple pieces to allow the last bit of moisture to evaporate. You could put all the hash together into one ball but I separated mine into 2 separate piles. (sorry no pics of actually squeezing the hash in the pressing screen)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you enjoyed the instructional show, and I hope it helps someone. :thumbs-up:

:passsit:

I learned how by watching this

TheCarpenter, AverageJoe and CCrete like this.
  2. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Looks pretty fun. I'll have to look up "reverse osmosis filtered water", though, as I have no idea what it is.

I was gonna try some qwiso first, but I can't even find a store that sells Iso Alc. Wtf? I have to order everything from the States.

3. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Congrats on your first bubble hash:good job: Ras did you make more that one run with the trim ? You can use the same trim 2 or 3 times & get a little more hash each time.-Bud

4. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

thats really how ez it is?

SHITFUCK! I jus tossed like a LB of trim cuz i didnt know if it was a PITA to do the bubb hash!

Thanks Ras

5. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

nice stash of hash there Ras... so you had all that trim and ended up with those 2 balls? was that what you got from all that trim? seems it might not be worth it unless you have a LOT of trim to use. maybe ill have to save up a couple grows worth before i make hash lol...

:good job:

6. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Nice tutorial Ras. Now to release the essential oils for better flavor and smoke-ability. Little bit of heat accomplishes this. Easiest way is to put it into a container (like a pill container) and place them on the dash of your car for an afternoon. You will see it darken a bit, and become pliable.

I also get very ittle out of the 73 bag. It's just too close in mesh size to the 90. Also, a little ISO cleans the seams of the screens where little bits get caught.

Hank, my friends in Europe can't get ISO there either. In Holland, they want $60 euro for 6 liters. Here in Cali it's like a $1 for a quart of 91%. ROFL.

CC - it's not hard, Just time consuming and a bit tedious. I have 8 brown grocery bags full I need to crank out this weekend.

BB - my guess is that yield is from one of the freezer bags, not all the ones he showed.

7. Bigbud214

thanks useless

seeing ill only have 5 plants from my first grow we shall see how much trim and stuff ill have... id love to try and make hash... how expensive are the bags? and is this teh best method for making hash?

8. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Very cool. I cant wait to do that myself in a couple weeks.

9. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Awesome job! Looks like you did just fine.

Like HeadCase said, you can run 2-3 times with the same "mash" and get great results each time. Good way to triple your end product.

I'd also suggest using more ice. You want to be able to see ice when your mixing it. Not just cold water, but as much ice as you can fit without hampering your blender. You'll notice a big difference with more ice.

I know I posted this before, but here it is again . . .

http://www.bubblebag.com/instructions/bubblebag_detailed.php

The BEST Bubble Hash instructions I have EVER seen. Very detailed!

Great job and enjoy your hash. :alienwink: :affro:

TheCarpenter likes this.
  10. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I Love Hash!

Thanks all, we had fun doing it. No I didn't run it again, I guess next time I will. It really felt like all the trichomes were off the trim when I felt it so I just ran it the one time.

Unfortunately I didn't weigh the trim before hand so I don't really know how much trim I used. I did use all the bags of trim but they weren't packed tightly into those bags so it looked like more than it was, I estimate that it was about 8 ounces of trim. I had saved the trim from my last 2 harvests.

I yielded 21 grams of hash after it dried, that's at least $200 worth of hash at wholesale prices, at dispensary prices it could be worth up to $600 at $30 a gram like the dispensaries charge! Well worth saving the trim and the 1 hour it took me to make it.

I used a lot of Ice as I mixed it I was adding Ice the whole time, as my mixer broke it down into small pieces I would add more. It was ICE COLD!

The whole process was very easy. IMO I like the Ice water extracted hash the best. I've smoked a lot of kinds of hash and there are a lot of extraction methods out there, nut I like the Ice Water Extraction because it's all natural, requiring no additional elements like Alcohol, butane, propane, etc. Ice Water Hash is 100% unaltered trichomes. Very Ital, necessary for a Rasta to stay natural. IMO IT IS the BEST way to make hash, but that's just MY opinion.

In the future I will run the trim at least a second time and see if I can further increase the usefulness of my trim. It's just like free hash as far as I'm concerned, these bags were almost free. I got plenty of hash to make the initial $120 investment for the bags WELL worth it! 21 grams is 3/4 of an ounce and I LOVE HASH! So I am super happy that I can now make my own right here at home.

Once my commercial grow takes off I should have so much trim I will need to get the 35 gal. bags and start making huge batches yielding ounces each time. I can't wait! This is the best JOB EVER! :thumbs-up:

Now I'm going to sample the product. I'll let you all know how it is.:bong-2:

RkyMtnWayHigh69 likes this.
  11. Bigbud214

Ras ill come be your hash maker... i need a job lol... and at nite ill stay at the grow as security hehe

12. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I'll keep your application on file! :thumbs-up: :laugh:

You never really know what the future holds my brother. 2 years ago if you asked me if I would become a professional medical ganja grower and hash maker, I would have said, "I would love to but it'll never happen". Yet today I AM WORKING in the Medical Ganja field and loving it. So you never know, you may find yourself headed to Cali sometime down the road. :thumbs-up:

13. RkyMtnWayHigh69

Very sweet RasGanJah . . . I'm glad you have a very healthy finishing amount. Not bad at all!

Only reason I asked about the ice, was because I couldn't see any ice in your pics and ice is just the only practical method for us to remove the trichs without damaging them, so as much ice as possible where your mixer still works, is what I've always been told.

Definitely NOT knocking your handy work, just voicing my thoughts on the subject, I have been doing it for awhile. ;)

Kick ass job and thanks for the awesome pics and detailed explanation:alienwink: :affro: .

14. I tried using my hand mixer the first time, didn't work the best. I went out and got a paint stirrer attachment for my cordless drill and it works 10x better. It really allows ya to get down to the bottom of the bags and stir stuff up instead of just the 6" or so the beaters on the mixer get down

15. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

My mixer worked fine. Most of the trim was floating on the top 6-8 inches anyway. It might have been different if I had more trim. The only problem I had was that my mixer is old and cheap and now it vibrates like crazy! Something holding the guts still inside of the housing must have broken. Next time I'll either use a new mixer or get the paint mixer for my drill.

On another note. The Hash is awesome! The 90 micron is nice and smooth and sweet tasting, the hash from the 25 micron was a little harder and a little more dry, and also had a more "hashy" flavor and that hash choke that I'm used to. Both are very potent. 1 hit and I feel a nice strong hit in the head high, very relaxing. I'm super happy with the end product. :bong-2:

I took a little and put it in a pill bottle and put it on the dash of the car like Useless suggested. I'll let you know how that goes. :thumbs-up:

16. RkyMtnWayHigh69

I use a paint stirrer for my DeWalt cordless drill too. Works VERY good and makes the nice foamy water I like. ;)

17. mrsganjah

mrsganjah Ganja Babe

irie....arrives I-queen.

:bong-2: Blessings!!! I-kng ras has led us to a very hashy friday....I definitely enjoyed the 90 micron "blonde". Much smoother as it goes down I throat...yes, so delicious. Thank you for the praises given to mi ras.

:GK: :group: family surely motivates and educate so many minds and spirit...InI pray longevity and prosperity to each and everyone.....Green to Gold

18. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I always love it when my Queen posts on the forums.

So I followed Useless' advice and put a piece of the 90 micron hash into a pill container and placed it in the sun on the dash to warm up for a few hours this afternoon. This is how it looked when I took it out, the lighter colored hash on the left is "raw" and the darker has been heated a little.

[​IMG]

19. RkyMtnWayHigh69

Ohhhh yea . . . thats making me hungry . . . I usually give my hash away to patients as a bonus for sticking with me when so many other possibilities are available to them. But, the reason is the pot is amongst the BEST in town, GUARANTEED!

So, I usually only have a small amount of hash for myself, but I have NONE right now and I'm hungry for some. Time to bust out the Payload bags again. ;)

Great to see ya again MrsGanJah!:bigok: Great job you folks did. ;)

I'm off to go scrape the pill bottle I used to my last kick ass batch of hash in. :alienwink: :affro:

20. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I use a paint stirrer with my corded drill.

Use bagged ice; not from your trays.