Making Femmed LemonBerry Seeds

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by Mrgreengenes, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Well I'm getting ready to make femmed seeds for the first time.

I'm using Tiresias Mist. You apply it for the first two weeks of flower once a day as a spray and then the flower will produce male pollen sacks. pollinate the flower on another clone of the plant and you get femmed seeds.:redbong:

[​IMG]

2. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

hmm, how much does that bottle run? is it a colloidal silver mixture?

3. Mrgreengenes

How It Works

Tiresias Mist (Patent Pending) allows for even the most amateur grower to produce their own feminized seeds. The active ingredient in Tiresias Mist is safe and effective. A one ounce bottle will treat one branch of a plant to produce feminized seeds on the same plant, or to produce genetically female crosses with other plants. What you are doing using Tiresias Mist, is taking a female plant, treating one branch and enabling that one branch to create male characteristics i.e. pollen sacs. You can then take the pollen from that branch and pollinate the flowers of the rest of the plant to produce seeds that will, 100% of the time, be feminized.

Tiresias Mist Directions for Use

You may also want to experiement by using the pollen from one plant to pollinate a different plant creating perfect genetic crosses while maintaing the 100% female seeds. Male seeds are impossible because the pollen still carries over the female genetics. This is different from using a hermaphrodite method as there is no risk in carrying over the hermaphrodite trait to the seeds while using Tiresia’s Mist.

1. Isolate plants that are being treated from other female plants you do not wish to produce seeds. Pollen is minute and very efficient in finding females. Choose a plant that has not started flowering and is at least two weeks in the vegetative cycle. A good rule of thumb is to start treating the plant when it is five inches in height, depending on the strain, and five days prior to going into the flowering cycle.
    2. Mark one branch that you wish to treat. Using a ribbon works well.
    3. Protect the rest of the plant from any over spray. Remember to spray lightly so the entire branch is misted. Concentrate your spraying on the stem versus the foliage though, the treatment of the full stem is the most important part of this process.
    4. Mist the chosen branch once a day for 21 days. The male characteristics, pollen sacs, will lag behind the female flowers so be patient!
    5. Continue growing plant until female flowers are showing and our ready to collect pollen. Hold on to the pollen for future use or dust your female flowers with the pollen produced in step 4.
    6. Continue growing until your seeds are mature and then harvest and store them for future use.
    7. CONGRATULATIONS!! You have saved your strain by creating a bank of 100% feminized seeds!

From here, you can allow your plant to naturally pollinate itself providing a full plant of 100% feminized seeds, or you can harvest the pollen sacs and use them to cross with other plants. If you decide to harvest your pollen for later use, be sure to store it in a cool dry place until you are ready to use it.

Tips:

• It is best to cross-over from the vegetative cycle to the flowering cycle during the 21 day treatment. The solution is preventing the ethylene production in the branch that is being treated which starts during the flowering cycle.
    • Keep the plant isolated or keep in a grow area where females that are designated to flower are present. Pollen goes everywhere!
    • Have a plan for harvesting your pollen. Many growers will cut the branch that is producing pollen as soon as the pollen sacs begin to open and re-transplant into a glass of water with a mirror lying horizontally below. Then just tap the branch when the sacs open and the pollen will be visible on the mirror. This gets the pollen out of your room before it goes to the other branches.
    • When picking a branch to treat (the branch that will be creating the female pollen) remember that the upper nodes and branches are more mature so they will be showing their sex sooner than the less mature, lower portion of the plant.
    • Make sure the plant has plenty of light.

4. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

"there is no risk in carrying over the hermaphrodite trait to the seeds while using Tiresia’s Mist."

I find that hard to believe. If the plant has that trait to begin with then it would be carried over. I'm pretty sure there's no way to feminize without having at least a few hermy's.

5. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

The potential S1s might show a lot of variation, too. The fem beans of Starbud that I ran produced 4 different phenos and all of which had a range from Sativa to full Indica.

Those seeds were supposed to be pure Indica, but I am now in love with that Sativa I got. I'm curious to see what LB would produce.

6. Mrgreengenes

Well I flip the lights to 12/12 this coming weekend, and I have two small clones of LB so I'll spray one with the mist and seed the other LB clone. :redbong:

7. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Very interesting. I'll be keeping my eyes on this. :thumbs-up:

8. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

I wonder what's in it if CS or STS. I'm sure this will make them a pretty penny. Shit I knew I should have bottled that shit up. LOL

Juggalo the way it can say it won't pass the trait on is because the plant doesn't have to carry that trait or easily express it for the spray to work. It's more than likely colloidal silver or silver thiosulfate and those just interfere with the ethylene pathway. So without it the biosynthesis carries on as normal. Any hermie trait that could carry over would have to be there to begin with.

Got my fem beans in cups now. All 6 I germed cracked hull. Mine are crosses though and not self crosses. Will be interesting to see what variation you see in those once you grow them out.

9. Mrgreengenes

I've been treating one of the lemonberry clones with the TM and will continue to treat the plant for the next 16 days, and then we will see what happens. :redbong:

10. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Any noticable effects yet?

11. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

so uhh, you need testers yet :roffl:

12. Mrgreengenes

I hope it works. I was supposed to start treating the plant ten days before I put it into flower. I started treating the plant at day one of flower. If it does not work. I'll try again next grow.

13. Mrgreengenes

Pollen sacks

Well what do you know! just when I was starting to wonder if the LB would produce male pollen sacks. POW! here they come. See picture below.

Lvstickybud, I did notice a few light brown spots around on the stem where I have been applying the TM. Other wise than that, the rest of the plant that I did not spray has normal flowers. The only pollen sacks developing are on the treated bud sites.

[​IMG]

14. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Maybe a sticky if all goes well.

To much snake oil in this biz. Looking great so far, but I've never seen anything less than stellar from you

15. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

TA-DA!! I was anxious to see how this thing turned out. Now if everything else goes as planned. This could be ideal insurance for a grower to hold on to the genetics he has. Perfect for rotating strains in your grows or trying something new. And what could be better for the outdoor grower?

Be Cool, CG

16. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

It's gonna blow!

[​IMG]

17. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

:bravo:

tester here

18. skunky

CG you can make colloidal silver or silver thiosulfate fairly easy too. Most likely that's all this product is, well one of them.

Mr.G how much does that 1oz bottle run?

19. Mrgreengenes

skunky, I think I paid $21.00 for it. it seems to work..

Hers some pictures from today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. skunky

Nice. Good to hear it's reasonably priced. I'd probably just buy that over sourcing out what I would need and waiting.