Man cave grow

Discussion in 'DIY' started by michaeldank, Aug 8, 2009.

1. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Take a look at the stanley blower fan walmart sells. They wort good and move about 250 CFM of air. Not sure if thats enough for you or not but something to think about for $45, its what I run. And I love the speaker box. I have two of them going with 52 watts each lol. I have rooted clones veging in one and a mom in the other. Peace

2. michaeldank

michaeldank Begun Flowering

Dude I was JUST looking at a stanely blower mod with a carbon scrubber on it! That is awesome. Like I said, going to look at my work first, but I think that would work just fine for my 150w area..might even do my 400w! Thanks a lot guys, stay tuned, more to come.

3. michaeldank

My seeds arrived from Seedboutique.com. Read my new thread on it in the smokers lounge. Super stoked.

4. michaeldank

Ok, so I fired up my light today, and it has been on an hour. There is zero ventililation in the right now. Its like 96 degrees :roulette: I need my fan for scrub and another to blow on this fuggin light :shocked:

5. michaeldank

Holy shit. My brother was given two Greenheck exhaust fans today. Pretty damn quite...hurricane exhaust. I need a carbon scrubber on it to slow it down. And it was the best price, free! Its like a $300 dollar fan I am sure. So I got my clone that is 4" tall and rooted really well in there now under 12/12, and three other clones rooting, along with my seedlings that are above ground now. Will post a picture of the fan *its a squirell cage fan inside a steel box thats insulated. I mounted it on top of my enclosure in my closet, and cut a hole down. Will mount my scrubber to the underside, or from the side, it has an option to vent from the side.* I don't think it matters if I push or pull, its really strong. Hell yea!:fly: Most important, the temp is WAY down, like 88 or 87.

6. michaeldank

And here we go

Got my exhaust for my flower chamber. Insane deal, as in I got one and so did my brother, for free. Had to wire it to a cord, and thats it. Man..this thing SUCKS,*in a good way* I want to put a carbon scrubber on it to slow it down a bit, its very quite though.

First plant in the flower chamber. Its a clone, three weeks old maybe, well rooted. I plan on doing a sea of green.

[​IMG]

This is shot inside the chamber, looking up, its a squirell cage fan made by Greenheck, really nice fan, low low sones, just great for free. It has options to vent from the side or the top, doing it from the top now.

[​IMG]

This is just a 6" elbow I put in, because this thing is sucking the door in so hard its bowing, and stirring a little hurricane around the plant. Its sucking nicely through now.

[​IMG]

And inside my veg cab, the three clones on the left will be heading in to the veg chamber at two week intervels, and the seedlings will be clones and sexed as soon as possible. One is still waiting to break soil, but all the others are popped and stretching up nicely. Most have discarded there shells.

[​IMG]

7. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Looking goood man. Nice find on the fan! This ought to be a good show once it really gets going. Keep up the good work. Peace

8. michaeldank

The stretch end..and begins

So..I had my seedlings on the floor under two cfls after they broke the surface..and they stretched. HARD. I covered roughly an inch to the brim with more soil, and brought them up and the light down. Roughly five inches from the plants now.

[​IMG]

This was the next day, barely any more stretch

[​IMG]

So here is where they are at now. The clones on the outside are from my brothers first run, they are still healthy, have not shown roots at the bottom though. Confident they will before I throw the next one in. ANY suggestions would rock, I don't want them to stretch to far and get all fragile. My brother had one of the Pure Power Plants stretch, but he is under fluerescents.

[​IMG]

And my girl in the closet. She was 4" tall when I put her in 4 days ago, she is now 7" tall, and spreading her canopy a bit. Still giving her vegging nutes. switching to MG flower booster in another week and a half.

[​IMG]

9. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

The light is still too far. If it's a heat issue you can use smaller bulbs. You should try to mount them horizontally instead of diagonally for a wider more even coverage.

10. michaeldank

Thanks, got the plants raised higher now. My closet girl is looking nice, not stretching to bad at all. So from seedlings that are were mine are, what point should I take a clone, and should I throw the clone into bud, or the mother and hope the clone takes. Don't know if I have room for all eight of these things to veg while I sex them.

11. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Hmm. I topped my plants the first time at the 6th node. If your talking about a seedling I would wait until at least the 6th node. And thats only going to give you one small cutting. Does that help at all?

12. michaeldank

It does thank you. Wondering if I should trust my non-existent cloning skills and throw the seedlings themselves into the flower chamber or wait till the clone is rooted and flower it. Not sure I can handle all eight plants vegging AND the clones.

13. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Thats a call your going to have to make. I know for me cloning has been very easy. 100% in my two trys, 18 cuttings I think. Not sure if your working with the AK48 beans or ordered or not, but if you used up all of the seeds then I would flower out the clone just to be sure you dont lose the genetics. Thats just my 2 cents. If you need help with cloning feel free to let me know. Peace

14. michaeldank

I have roots showing on two of the three clones now. It took 14-15 days respectivly, I hope to see the last one sprout some here soon. I will transplant the two into new homes tonight after work. The first clone to show roots goes in to the flower chamber in a little under two weeks. Will be interesting to note how much the yield differs on the clones as they each will have vegged a little longer than the previous. My seedlings seemed to have stopped stretching and are developing nice little leaves. Some have raised the leaf intersection further than others.

My girl in flower is not getting to tall, but there is noticable growth from when I put her in under 12/12. I am thrilled to have all those healthy plants but I fear that by the time the third clone goes in to the flower chamber, it will be time to take clones from my 8 seedlings I have going. When those show root, I need to put all EIGHT in to my flower chamber..for a total of twelve at various stages of growth:shocked: My idea is to create 8 containers 12" high and 6" wide, made from snap together pipe we use in hvac. Pictures to come, but hopefully this will solve the initial space issue, then after I have thinned out the males we will see how the containers actually work.