Marijuana Vending Machines Opening For Business in LA

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by Randy High, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

More put down from the media but somewhat typical of all the stories about it.

--------------------------------------

[​IMG]Marijuana vending machiens are hitting LA. Let that sink-in for a moment. Are you paying attention again? OK, now get ready for the bad news: it’s almost as good as it sounds… almost.
    Whether this is a good thing depends on your view of marijuana. An objective, educated view of the illegal (in the US) substance shows that cannabis is a much better alternative to alcohol and tobacco, two socially acceptable substances. The "drug" is still feared as a terribly harmful substance in America and around the world, but things are changing — for better or worse.
    Government-regulated dispensaries in LA, like the Herbal Nutrition Center, are starting to deploy always-on, marijuana vending machines, but you’ll need to register with the appropriate people first.
    First of all, according to the Thrillist, you’ll need a prescription to use cannabis. This is only available from a legitimate doctor. Then you’ll need to hit up an AVM (that’s what they’re called) location to get registered. Finally, they’ll give you a prepaid credit card featuring your profile, which includes dosage regulations and strain preference.
    There are five strains available including OG Kush and Granddaddy Purps, two top-of-the-line strains. A sixth, dynamic, limited-time-only, option would be nice too, but I’m sure the stoners aren’t complaining.
    Once you have your Weed ATM card, simply visit any cannabis vending machine to make your purchase. Oh yeah, don’t let the security guards scare you, they’re always there, and, while you’re in LA, why not visit a liquor store for some zig-zags and hit the Hollywood streets, right?

---------------------

var sc_project=2743373; var sc_invisible=0; var sc_partition=27; var sc_security="06f39b4b";[​IMG]

This is the realm medical people are living in.

"Weed ATM" and why not hit the Hollywood streets.... Put downs.

Not a mention of "safe access to a safe product"

I've akready wrote on how medical people are looked down on. Second class people.
    "Stoners with no brains." And such...

2. stangman_1976

stangman_1976 smoker 4 life

thats bad ass I want one

3. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

I was gonna ask....?

About the security.....:icon_confused: I guess the security guards will make sure A.) Nobody tries to hook up the AVM to the back of their truck,lol.....and B.) nobody gets mugged heading out....? :laughing5:

I dunno...I got mixed feelings about this.....I mean, is it too much resposibility for the pharms...? Jeez, just put it in a box outside so the stoners don't take up anymore of your precious time and you don't have to keep the yucky WEED in with the valuables....:eusa_shifty:

On a seperate note,....:suave: I remember the cigarette vending machines,lol....I was 9 when I bought my first pack......$1.00.....:scream: Straight off the value menu.....to whoever could put the money in and pull the knob:laughing5:

4. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Sticky Skunky Buds

What an ez job...wow that bs, they should just do away with the marijuana laws, come on, marijuana is the only thing I smoke, sorry no cigs for me. I think its better than cigs and healthy. Everyone should be able to smoke without a prescription or doctor note. I hope in 08 one of these presidents will do something help the american people.

I just think its unfair for the people who don't have medical insurance and or don't qualify for the drug. They should set the age limit to 18 or 21, I'm thinking 21 but you could make it less. There are many things marijuana can do for people, like get something to eat, sleep, help with depression, get rid of headaces, stomach pains, arthritis,many many benifits that would help not just the people who really need it but everyone could smoke it, not just to certain people, I'm sure I could use it for some back pain, or to relax after a long day at work or playing basketball.

And you can smoke while driving, I never lost focus while driving While High or DWH. If anything it helps me focus on the road and driving, and I can follow instruction better while I'm high....and I'm play video games better when I'm high. As president of the United States, I would make sure every man, women, and child had a joint in their mouth and some extra money and don't forget it...lol...I wish.

6. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit