Mass shooting at my local movie theater

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by AverageJoe, Jul 20, 2012.

1. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Some crazy local news this morning. :flipando:

http://www.9news.com/news/article/278707/339/Suspect-IDd-12-dead-in-Aurora-theater-shooting

This is just right down the road a few miles. Been to this theater quite a few times. Glad I'm not much of a Batman fan.

This should give our two wonderful presidential candidates something to talk about now for the next few months instead of the important stuff. :icon_rolleyes:

2. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I saw that this morning.

Why should a 6 yr. old be out/up at that hr.?

3. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

I just saw the article but haven't read it. You're talking about the shooting at the new Batman premier, right?

That's fucking crazy. I can understand rage, and being a bit unhinged, but this just seems so senseless. Why open fire on a random group of people who're just trying to enjoy a movie and some pop-corn and maybe their girlfriends lady parts in the darkness of the side aisles? It's just wrong.

Some people just want to see the world burn, I suppose.:bduh:

4. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

im with ya joe...woke up this morning to everything a buzz...

5. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

We were all reading about this at work and everyone said the same thing.

"why was there a 6 and a 9 year old at the oics at 12 at night?"

6. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

When I was that age, I was in bed by 9 pm!!! with my uncle. I see it around here all the time. Sad.

7. Stash2.0

Kids love batman...nothing wrong with someone taking the kids to an early showing and seeing batman as a family...i see no problem with kids being there...not like they planned on the gunman showing up....I don't see anything other than sensationalism when saying "WHY WERE THE KIDS THERE"....It's fuckin batman....

8. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

This was am hr., as in after midnight!

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Kids at a midnight opening is no big deal. We used to do it with my girls for a big movie once in awhile. 4 or 5 kids sleep over, see the big movie with a couple parents in tow for chaperons, back home for camping out in the living room then a pancake breakfast.

Can be a real special thing for the young ones.

Too bad a couple dad's didn't get the guy and dispense with a little personnal justice. Could have saved everybody a little $$ and hassle waiting for the nutjob to go through the system.

10. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Im not saying its wrong, but thats what i thought.

11. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Who cares about the kids being up late. Last of anyone worries (it should be). Now go give some blood. Save a life and get free cookies. Bloodsource called me this morning, they need it, please give it.

12. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

Guess I could they love to stick me as my blood type is ab-
    t6

13. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

As a medical professional, I care. At that age, the body & mind needs it's rest; regularly scheduled rest. Being up that late to see a movie is not an acceptable excuse.

14. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Still not really the point though. We however stayed up for that kind if stuff if we were out of school.

15. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Whatever

16. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Really?

A dud shot and killed 12 random people for no reason..... WHO FUCKING CARES THAT THE KIDS WERE OUT LATE!!??!! :wtf?:

17. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

I think its terrible that the familys have been waiting all day long to findout if loved ones are dead or are in area hospitals.

t6

18. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Your patients are dead dude.... :kidding: :passsit: Your patients are "resting" permanently.

19. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I'm getting pretty desensitized to these kinds of crazy gun shooting massacres. They happen way too often in the States.

When are people in America going to wake the hell up and start installing some seriously stricter gun control?

:BushDumb:

20. Stash2.0

this was a gun free zone...Gun control is not the answer...no law can be passed that will stop a single man from carrying out an extreme amount of violence if he sets his mind to it...we should stop idolizing violence....