Mass shooting at my local movie theater

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by AverageJoe, Jul 20, 2012.

1. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/white-house-plays-down-prospect-gun-laws-224057070.html

2. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Bit of common sense:ponder:

3. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

In other words, he's not going to touch a single hot issue until he gets re-elected, and that's when he's going to start pulling the aces from his sleeve.

He's not stupid, but he's not terribly slick either.

I'll be damned if I vote for anyone with a Clinton on their crew, or who supports a ban on so-called 'assault weapons'.. which are only semi-auto. Go check the list, if you know guns.. you'll laugh at the loads of ignorance that went into that one.

Fuck Obama. He keeps dodging hot topics so he can play on both sides.

4. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

5. LionLoves420

What good would a gun have been without night vision and a gas mask? If someone could have gotten a shot on the guy on purpose, they should be in the SEALS....Otherwise, if they had all been armed, you would have had 100 people shooting into the dark at each other.

I think a better question here is how did one dude get so many weapons stashed and into the theater without anyone noticing? There are always cops at major cinemas, what the hell were they doing when he was making runs from his car to beside the building to inside to the exit door to the guns?

6. teamster6

possibly,,,,,,,, but I gotta tell ya a guy standing in front shooting has quite a fire comming out of that barrel and it would not take much of a shot to take that guy down low light or not.

t6

7. ShadowWarrior

They were probably hitting on the girls a the concession stands, trying to muscle out free popcorn and Icee's.. waiting for the shooting to stop so they could rush in and tackle him like heros instead of getting shot themselves.

They sat back and waited :popcorn-2: Popcorn and Icee's in hand watching the show.

8. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

More guns always makes things safer in cuckoo land.

:goodjob:

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Probably out busting some kid for toking up in the parking lot. I'm not joking. It'd be interesting to see who's beat that was that night and where they were. Around here every midnight movie has a couple cops hanging around. They hassle kids, joke with the cute mom's and generally just try to look bad ass.

Has any media asked that question yet? It seems a natural one. If all the boyz in blue are good for is kicking in the wrong door, writing traffic violations and showing up after the firefight then we can pay a Sims Security guy $25 an hour to do the same shit.

Where were the on duty LEO personnel at the theater that night?

10. LionLoves420

By the way, and this is no reflection on you T6 or anyone else, but I think Ted Nugent is bat shit crazy.

11. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

My guess would be that after the lights were down, he walked out the exterior exit door, put something to keep the door from latching, went to his car and then came back in through the same exit door.

Would've taken just a couple minutes.

In my mind, if a guy starts shooting random people in a theater that are basically set up like a carnival shooting range with the stadium seating, and all of the sudden one, or even two, people start shooting back, the shooter is naturally going to focus his attention and subsequent shots towards the people returning fire. That is taking his attention away from methodically killing anybody and everybody to having one or two specific targets that are shooting back at him. When people are shooting at you, whether you are wearing body armor or not, I believe human nature says to get the fuck out of the way, not stand your ground and continue with your killing spree.

All it takes is one guy that has decent cover or is not in the immediate line of fire to draw his weapon, take aim and drop the guy. He wasn't shooting at the entire audience at once.

So the idea that random bullets are going to be flying around the theater with citizens carrying weapons, I don't believe for a second.

12. LionLoves420

If I honestly believed that 90% of the people who have concealed weapons were able to use them in a professional and accurate manor, I would agree with you. Otherwise it is just some people bringing a pistol to an assault weapons fight.

13. ShadowWarrior

An assault weapons fight? Lion, the guy didn't have any select-fire weapons, did he?

Have any of you read this story on a gun forum yet? Jeezus H. Christ on rubber crutches can you catch some shit for making a minor mistake in terminology in those places!

I'm having fun reading about the what if's, why not's, and maybe's that are now popping up about what if the other theater patrons had guns, how he got his in the theater, why it took so long for police action, how this could have turned out differently if just one stable-minded citizen had acted heroically with well-executed tactics etc etc....

True story: A guy catches 3 masked men raiding his tool shed late one night and calls the cops, the dispatcher asks, "Are they threatening you or trying to get in the house?",he says "No, they're just stealing my stuff from the shed", Dispatcher replies, "Well, sir, all of our officers are busy at the moment and cannot respond to your situation, you'll just have to file a report in the morning". He says 'Ok' and hangs up... calls back 5 minutes later and says "Oh just FYI I shot those guys robbing my shed, take your time and send the coroner at your earliest convenience, I'm going to bed". Within a few minutes cops had poured into his driveway and yard with weapons drawn to find the burglars still loading stuff into their van and the home-owner came out and said, "Yup, I figured that'd do it. Go ahead and do your jobs and take note I'd like to press charges against these men for trespassing, breaking and entering and burglary" so he was arrested for making a false report. True story.. so I heard.

14. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Especially when you take in to account that you wouldn't be alone in trying take him out, you'd have the help of the other ARMED patrons.

15. ShadowWarrior

The thing Hank and I agree on here is that a large, dark room full of armed, and likely ill-trained citizens taking on the assailant is that they'll most likely get confused about WHO is the assailant.

When the bullets start to fly, people get scared and confused, and when people get scared and confused, they don't act as calmly or rationally as we'd like to think and they may end up shooting each other, making this already tragic event even more tragic. Although I'm sure someone is going to point out how difficult it is to mistake the guy packing multiple 'assault' weapons, web gear etc... right?

16. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Do you know how difficult it is to mistake a guy packing multiple "assualt weapons", web gear, ect...

and an open door that would have drawn my attention in the first place. Both when it was opened for him to leave and when he came back in. Definately would have noticed. Always did in theaters even as a kid. And he had to leave it open just a little to get back in. Yeah, my attention would have been toward that door. Even if it was just somebody coming back in and going to their seat, I would have watched him all the way. Maybe it's the way I grew up, but I always do the same thing everywhere, out eating, bars, every place. I have to be able to keep my eyes on things.

17. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Agreed...most folks (me included) firing back would be as much of a problem as the assailant. I wouldn't know if the cat in row 3 throwing lead is a bad guy or good guy. People jostling to get out knocking my aim. Me crapping my pants. Would have been a bad scene no matter how it played out.

Nobody could have stopped this goof. Any gun laws most gun owners would tolerate wouldn't have stopped him. No background check would have found him. He's the most feared shooter..one who leads a normal life then snaps.

BTW, I really detest the term "assault rifle". The only difference between most "assault" rifles and most semi auto "hunting" rifles is the way they look.

18. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Are you STILL talking? What does it matter to you anyhow about how we live in MY country? You should worry bout gooooood ole Japan..

Why aint you running for office in Japan bud? :rofl6:

ShadowWarrior likes this.
  19. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Has anyone seen the Videos of the Pittsburgh theaters where the guy yelled "bomb?"

See us "Pittsburghers" have a backbone .....and the dude got knocked the fuck out and ganged up on by about 7-8-9 folks, men and women and taken directly to a hospital after his yelling ended

You got too many hippies all hopped up on doobies in Colo to fight back, lol (im kidding btw)

20. teamster6

You would be dead Res:roffl::roffl: Very possible mass panic except if somebody was a good shot and popped him when he appeared in front of the audiance and tossed the gas grenede. ONce out it would be over. The light was good enough that people in the theater discribed what he was wearing so the picture playing must have supported enough light that he could be seen.
    Actually I am quite surprised nobody in the audiance was packing a handgun with a concealed weapons permit. Its big out here and you never know who is packing.

I guarantee in a episode like that some asshole starts shooting wildly and my 45 is go to be fireing away. Id rather go down fighting:qleft6::qleft6::qleft6:

t6