Mass shooting at my local movie theater

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by AverageJoe, Jul 20, 2012.

1. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

The law abiding citizens left their weapons outside as the theater policy instructs "No Weapons Allowed".

I'm sure some of the dead people in the theater and the dead people on 9/11 have once said the same thing about previous tragedies; 'If I was there, this would have happened differently'. And I' sure there's at least a few people who survived, or not, who wish they had taken in their guns. Or drawn and fired instead of crying and trying to run away, right? I bet someone in there had a gun regardless of rules, and I bet he/she just lost their head, sick pun not intended.

2. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I'll comment anytime I want to. You have contributed less than nothing to this debate. Your only comments are complaints about me. You have absolutely nothing intelligent or useful to say, so why are YOU still talking?

I couldn't give two shits about you, but America is still MY country, no matter where I live.

:321fu:

3. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I feel like it was a combat situation. If you are not trained in combat, your weapon will cause more trouble than it will help. If you can hit the dudes head with the light available, then you are the man, otherwise he was geared up and maybe would have stumbled/feel/been stung from anything anyone would have been carrying.

I am sure there are a few people in CO trained well enough to breath, duck, aim, and pull the trigger the right way in a stressful situation, but unfortunately not one of them was there that day.

He was spraying bullets and throwing gas, pulling off a few shots would be a major feet.

4. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

[YOUTUBE]84IZxWvOWWY[/YOUTUBE]

5. DutchBlood85

DutchBlood85 Germinating

The Element of Surprise

Yeah I'd say you'd have about a snowball's chance in hell of taking that guy out in the circumstances. If you were a trained special forces or navy seal, maybe that would bring you up to a snowball's chance in Miami Florida on a sunny spring day.

As for his access in and out of the building... he got lucky, he had a pretty good plan. People go out of theater hallway emergency exits all the time. It would not be that suspicious. Quickly slap a little duct tape on the latch and he is down to his car and back with the gear in 1 maybe 2 minutes. Even if someone had reported it, he would have been in the theater going postal by the time security arrived to check the door.

I am also surprised that no one else was armed and no one fought back at all. But when you think about being ambushed in a dark movie theater, it is a rather unique and unfortunate place to be cornered at a severe disadvantage. I mean sometimes the movie itself can even scare and surprise you!

Combat training or no: out gunned, out positioned, element of surprise = sitting duck. Then there is the whole factor of being engrossed in the movie theater atmosphere. And after the mass PANIC kicks in...

fugeddaboutit!:jj:

This was a really bad one. I can't say I'm surprised, just disappointed.

6. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

You dont have to be a navy seal to take down an armored indicidual. I do agree that a crowded paniced movie theatre would be a horrbile situation.. You would not likely get a clear shot for a matter ofseconds if at all. The right gun at the right difference could have returned fire.

7. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

I agree. None of us were there so it's only speculation as to the amount of chaos. But the right person, in the right part of theater with a cool head and advanced firearms training could have stopped it early.

Of course, if there were any law abiding citizens with that level of training, they would have been following the theaters NO WEAPONS policy and not been armed anyway.

Apparently Mr Holmes didn't see the sign on the front door.

[​IMG]

8. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Just saying....

I didnt include the full report but here it is here-

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/mass-shootings-investigation

9. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

Bull. SHIT.:roffl: They didn't research very well.

Here's just one.

10. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Picture some esteemed professors and experts who were judging the merits of legal weed and they reccomended it.Thats just like the govt saying they didnt think the researched poperly.Just thought you guys would notice that:smoke2: