Mass shooting at my local movie theater

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by AverageJoe, Jul 20, 2012.

1. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Cool video :rofl6:

2. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Im ALL for people defending their homes at any cost,trust me on that:thumbsup: No way do i think guns should be illegal.As Res pointed out to me,not everywhere in USA has a strong police presence so i get that.I also get the fact you guys like your guns handy in case the tree of liberty needs refreshed from time to time,i totally get all this.I just dont get how easy&unexpensive for nutjobs to not only buy guns but ballistic vests,tear gas and then stroll into a packed cinema with it,same with virginia tech,columbine you name it.Theres gotta be some way of seperating the wheat from the chaff? Thats all im saying. Its kinda sad that you HAVE to be on one side of the argument though,why cant you be a PRO 2nd amendment person who ALSO wants more stringent measures in place to stop any tom dick or harry arming himself to the teeth. Or at least let people die how they choose to kill,death by firing squad perhaps?If i was over there,i'd have a gun at home for the same reason you say T6,i wouldnt carry one but thats just my own viewpoint but i know if i had a gun(ie: a semi sane person) then i wanna make sure i dont have to use my gun on some guy dressed like hes walked out of a metalgearsolid game(ie:an insane guy with orange hair). Why should you guys be forced to risk yourselves and your families safety just cos the Govt cant legislate some sane regulations or procedures:ponder: Forget the anti/pro gun shit,thats not even on my radar,all im thinking is,IF YOU WANNA LEGALISE SMACK THEN MAKE SURE PEOPLE AINT OVERDOSING ON THE SHIT,same with guns,if you wanna legalise guns then how can we try make sure random nutjobs cant get armed to the teeth and massacre people. Is it possible,is their a way to do this or is it totally wishful thinking,idealism?Discuss:ponder:

3. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Apprentice, I didn't post any pictures at all. It was somebody else. Drunk driving? Should we ban all cars because some ass kills people on their 10th D.U.I. and continue driving even after they have no license? Also about responseability, THAT'S what's wrong. Nobody wants to take responseability for their actions. It's his fault. It's my mothers fault. I come from a broken home. The devil made me do it. If your a responseable adult, you don't go around just shooting people. Almost everybody I know owns guns. None of us has shot anybody off a battle field. Yet.

For those that weren't following all of this, in an earlier post I said as long as it didn't hurt anybody else. As long as the risk I take is MY OWN, nobody should be concerned.

Most of the killings in the USA are from some form of illegalness. They are used during a felony (illegal), by teenages who aren't suppossed to have them (illegal, can't be a registered owner), stolen guns (illegal), useing guns while intoxicated (illegal, even if licensed), bringing them into a government building or bar (tavern) or movie theater. He may have bought them legally, but didn't use them legally.

4. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

App, it's also illegal to own body armor for personel use. There are thousands of laws on the books to keep "nut jobs" from getting guns. All it takes is a break-in somewhere and poof, illegal guns on the street. Sometimes even "nut jobs" aren't classified as "nut jobs". They go about their everyday existence, then one day they just snap. Can't legistrate that.

5. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Oh yeah, by the way, I'm a lifetime member of the NRA. That means shit. I don't agree with all their policies, but they do keep the gov in check. I'm also a union member. That means shit too. I don't agree with a lot of their policies but without them we would still be working 16 hour days for little money and we'd be back to being serfs.

6. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

since when ?

7. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Sorry dude...

Lv i apologise and i shall edit my post accordingly as i see now it was Shadow posted the pics,etc. The point being Hanks being accused from one side of being me me me and yeah hes ccusing the other side of being me me me and really this issue shouldnt be about me me me,more us us us cos its the slaughter of innocents id like to see end not gun ownershp.BTW i dont mean anything derogatory by the way i refer to the NRA,i know little about them except some 'out there' stuff certain NRA members have posted online that i dont agree with but NRA like any org is gonna have moderates in there so i dont wanna make out they are the bad guys here,its just easier to coney the "type" of people im referring to by saying NRA,etc. What i mean is the ultra conservative NRA dudes,you know the god hates fags and we would shot them all with our NRA guns if allowed to do so type people.But yeah its wrong of me to cast shadows over a whole org for the comments of one or two in some anonymous online shit.I know theres likely a few GKERS who are card carriers so no offence meant. Yeah and thanks for taking the post in the way it was intended even though you hadnt even posted the pics referred too.Again i apoligise and i will edit my post after iv got the wee man to bed.Peace:ebert:

8. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

It's against the law, if you're a felon, to purchase/possess body armor.

9. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

The Apprentice has a nice balanced view. He gets my vote.

10. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Yeah id agree with much of what you just said for sure:ebert: No we cant ban cars cos of a few drunks.....but we CAN change some shit so that if anyone caught driving drunk can get a little jailtime for the potential they have to kill....maybe theres some way gun laws could progress in this regard,i dont know.Like i said,i aint some dick trying to insist i know the way to a better life,lol,far from it.I just fail to believe that we as modern day people cannot adjust or adapt our traditional values according to the times we live and you know what,i firmly believe that at some point,many tragedies from now that you guys will adjust your gun laws to suit YOURSELVES and to try restrict the amount of gun tragedies that happen but should they fuck about with your right to own a gun,hell no.Peace:ebert:

11. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

For Fucks Sake Hank!!!! Dont publicy endorse me man,your gonna get me a lynchin with that shit:tvlaugh: My view IS balanced,in my head anyways:roll: I do think it got a tad personal towards you Hank ,but i know your big enough and ugly enough to look after yourself:wink: It just saddens me when shit goes fucked up on the forum cos how many others may share Hanks view but think if they speak up or voice an opinion that their gonna get shat on from a great height:ponder:

:passit: ONE LOVE:jj:

12. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I used to live in Massachusetts. They have a gun and ammo law that your suppossed to get an automatic year in jail for possesion of any firearm not licensed or ammo if your not licensed. It's been on the books for more than 25 or 30 years. 1 person has done time for it and that was when the law was new. The city I lived in had teenages getting busted with guns and shooting within city limits (also illegal) and they didn't do the extra year if any time at all. Adults also. What should be done is to enforce the laws we already have, but between big business and politics, they'd rather play around and use tragities to make their agenders.

I'll vote App. :thumbsup:Who the hell knows what he's running for, but he's got my vote. Oh shit, Hank your not his running mate are you?

13. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Im running for GK rep to the NRA:tvlaugh: Lv i dare say you nd many others have ideas but i suppose a lot of ideas simply wouldnt work cos this IS a complicated issue on MANY fronts.It would be interesting to see a state like Colorado pioneer some new regulations that dont take nothing from peoples rights but introduce some responsibility and sensibility to maybe not stop but REDUCE the amount of shit like this guy did.Drink driving is never gonna be eradicated.... but it is reduced greatly.I was kinda hoping this thread would just a been some ideas for and against different measures.How could it be dealt with sensibly?Or do we just put it down to a lone crazy gunman scenario and move on:ponder:Peace:jj:

14. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

App, you want his old job?

[​IMG]

15. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

T6-Great video. Funny but very true. Most of the gun control crap is spewed forth by non gun owners that have very little information or education on the matter. "I don't want to be neutered!" LOL :roffl:

I live in Cali, the innovator of taking away our gun rights. I recently purchased a handgun legally in a firearms store. I had to pay for the gun, not cheap, plus the DROS(background check), plus the transfer fees, plus Tax, AND I had to wait 10 days after paying for the thing before I could even take it home. If I was a criminal and had I wanted to, I could have gone out and illegally purchased a similar gun or even a full auto sub machine gun, AR, etc, for less $$ and taken it home that day. I'm no criminal, and I don't associate with criminals, but I could EASILY get an illegal gun. The "gun control" laws only control the law abiding citizens and what they can purchase legally, it makes it no harder for criminals to acquire an illegal weapon PERIOD. It only means that a potential criminal with a record has a harder time getting legal guns.

In the case of James Holmes, the guy is a GENIUS, with no criminal record or record of mental illness. He was able to build complicated bombs to booby trap his home. He planned out his crime methodically down to every detail. I guarantee that even if there were much stricter gun control laws on the books in CO or Federally for that matter, that guys like him would still acquire whatever it was that he wanted to use to commit his crime without exerting much more effort than he did acquiring them legally.

16. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Want a rational step?

In every State I hunt if you were born after 1965 you must have attended a hunter safety course to purchase a game license. So every person under 47 years old that I hunt with carries a little card of certification they present whenever we pay for our licenses. No big deal, completely accepted by the culture.

I like it because that way I know the new guy I've never hunted with at least knows the basics of safe firearm handling which lowers the likelihood of me getting accidentally shot. Why not institute the same requirement for gun ownership? A simple 2 week course on gun safety, care, and general targeting with instructor sign off for a State issued certificate of training. No cert, no firearm or ammo.

That way a nutjob can't just start ordering shit without jumping through a deterrent hurdle but rational owners have no real impediment if they are serious about firearm ownership. The other thing it does is force a face to face interaction with a real live person (instructor) who can react to a paramilitary geek looking to shoot up the countryside by either not certifying the course or by contacting local authorities.

This is already mandatory for a concealed carry permit in virtually every State that allows it and the pistol owners I know have no problem complying. It would be a simple process to expand it to gun ownership in general, doesn't limit numbers of firearms or amount of ammo.

I dunno...just my 0.02...one thing fer sure tho. When I was charged with a felony I fought like hell to retain my right to own firearms and it wasn't just because I like to shoot things. It's part of our heritage, our Constitution and there are still real needs in parts of our country for personal safety.

I had a friend die of a heart attack because the ambulance couldn't get to his ranch in less than 1 hour. In a metro area he'd have pulled through because of faster response times. The same response time applies to the police as well. Not everyplace is Sacramento or DesMoines with a cop five minutes away. On the plains of North Dakota or the high desert of New Mexico oftentimes the only person you can depend on is yourself and maybe a neighbor a mile or two away. If a cop does show up it's going to be one local guy...alone....and he's gonna need some help if things are bad.

T6 knows what I'm talking about. So many folks in America forget there are huge expanses outside of our cities where a gallon of milk requires a 30-40 minute drive and neighbors wave to each other across 1000 acre backyards. To these folks the power of life and death a gun brings may be the only thing that saves theirs.

17. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Good post I was going to post something along those lines. A mandatory safety course on general firearms handling and shooting would be a good thing and about the only kind of new legislation on firearms that I would support. I agree that if you are a "normal", "stable" individual that it would be no big deal to attend a safety course upon the purchase of your first firearm.

I like the idea of having to have face to face interaction in order to purchase firearms and ammunition. I don't like the idea of limits to how many guns or ammunition I can purchase at any given time. :passsit:

18. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Yeah thats what im talking about Res,some ideas about steps to maintain your heritage while at the same time making it safer:eusa_clap: Some sort of better vetting is required for sure or better background profiles or some shit.Peace:ebert:

19. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

[YOUTUBE]/3o57hOxXHFc[/YOUTUBE]

20. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm