Medicated hard candy and gummy bears

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by blazerwill420, Nov 4, 2015.

1. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I've been tweaking and testing medicated candy recipes this week. I really enjoying the testing part.Tips for hard candy... 1. Use a candy thermometer.2. Low and slow is key, it takes a minimum of 40 minutes to bring the mix up to temp. Any less and you will have a grainy texture and or a caramel taste (burned).3. There are several ways to incorporate your Bho, I put 100mg chunks of Bho into each mold. The heat of the mix will melt it instantly. The heat does not kill the potency of the Bho as one candy will light you up pretty good. I know because I've been testing them and they work great!4. Add your flavoring at the end. Some recipes call for it at the beginning. I found that the flavor will cook off completely if you add it at the start.5. Use silicon molds. If you pour the hot mix on a hard surface it sticks worse than glue. You can make one big slab by covering a cookie sheet in powdered sugar and pouring it onto that. Parchment paper may also work but I did not try that.Hard Candy Recipe 2 cups white sugar1 cup water2/3 cup light corn syrup1 tsp food coloring, I used 1/2 tsp for these3 tbs flavoring, I used cherry for these100 mg Bho per candyHook a candy thermometer to your pot and add water, sugar and corn syrup and place over low/medium low heat. Stir to dissolve sugar, do not stir mix past 250 degrees. Let mixture come to 300 degrees. When it does, remove from heat and stir in food coloring and flavor. Work quickly and pour into molds. Let it get hard, about an hour and no need to refrigerate.Gummy Bears Recipe1 three ounce box of jello, I used sour apple1 package of unflavored gelatin3/4 cup cold water5mg Bho per bear mold, 100mg for large moldsMix unflavored gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water and let it sit for five minutes. After five minutes, mix this and the rest of the water in a pot. Heat it just to boiling, remove from heat and mix in the flavored gelatin and stir until it is clear, about two minutes. Pour into molds and refrigerate for an hour minimum to set up.[​IMG]

image.jpeg

/monthly_2015_11/image.jpeg.5e50859384c5b77b96ad0e0c38f02808.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
  2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

how much does that sell for? sorry, not ever seeing candies etc...how much do they cost to produce vs sell....basically profit margin in those?

3. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

The hard candy ones the clubs pay $15.00 each and sell them for $35.00 minimum each. Not sure yet about the gummy bear stuff. A gram of good Bho retail goes for about $50.00 in the clubs. I make that gram for around $6.00 to $12.00, strain dependent. I get ten units per gram, three grams of Bho to a sheet, 30 units to a sheet. So I'm getting $450.00 per sheet or $450.00 for $36.00 of bho. The club grosses $1050 per 30 and nets ( not counting their handling costs) $600.00 per thirty units. Pretty damn good for a $$36.00 of Bho.

4. nippie

Very informative as usual. I may try this, so .1 per? And can you drive if you eat one lol...

5. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Drive at the other guys peril! I gave someone one at Halloween. They literally got so high they went in the bedroom and would not come out. I ate one hard candy at 7:00 this morning and I am still baked.

6. nippie

Lmao

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Shit! I'm waaaayyyyy underpriced.:BangHead:

Nice looking goodies :goodjob:

8. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

There is a method to that price. Bud only Bho that tests clean of solvents and 70% plus thc. I have access to a closed loop system and a vac oven. Normal price a club pays is about $2.00 to $3.00 per 100mg unit. Today is caramel and chocolates..

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

That's where I'm at wholesale, $2.50 per 100mg unit. Retail is $5-$10 per unit. Always felt low, but where I'm at there's virtually nobody else doing decent edibles so nothing to compare to.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015
  10. nippie

my exact problem, thus the questions :passsit:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2015
  11. nippie

im almost wondering about using rosin tech to get dabs and make candies like blazer

12. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Closed loop, clean, potent, know the right people.

13. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I've been wanting to try it with an iron and some large buds. I was looking for my iron yesterday and couldn't find it.

14. nippie

Can you use fresh bud's I wonder? Do you have to cure put?

15. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Use concentrates because the chlorophyll is an undesirable taste.