Meet Duke

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by MrAstro, Jul 10, 2012.

1. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Well... I rescued my 2nd Rotty yesterday. Scumbag white trash lied thru her teeth re: Duke's condition. Scabs on his back (fleas) she says are from allergies. Missing hair around neck is from 'occasionally tying him out. I wasn't going to give her the $50 're-homing fee', but when I saw the 'home' he was leaving, I paid her and got him the fuck out! The boyfriend did bend down and say goodbye, but this girl and her 2 young kids didn't!

My neighbor said it's obvious he never had any TLC. He's a little intimidated by Bully, but a big baby. He follows me everywhere.

Oh yeah. The stupid bitch tries to tell me he's only 4 yrs. old! I did call her out on that one. I never mentioned the claw marks on the front door. It's apparent he was tied-out on the wooden, falling-down front porch!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess I needed a new 'project'! :lmao:

2. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

He looks awesome and great job rescueing him. Just wait till he's slobbering all over you with all his love after having no one to release it too, because no matter what conditions he was in, he still loved them. Dogs are awesome like that, "que up Queen",they just want somebody to love. Now he'll know real love and your rewards will be just as great. :bravo:

3. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Rottys are the best dogs ever. I miss mine terribly. She was a 140 pound lap dog.

People who abuse their dogs should be beaten senseless.

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Thanks, dude. It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about the situation. I had to stop by my 'sthyalist' when visiting my M&D (hair gel). My girl told me I'd get my angel wings someday. I sure-as-shit better!!! :lmao:

Today, Bully didn't eat rightaway and Duke scarfed it down. I don't think he was fed regularly. He could prob add another 40 lbs. no problem. :(

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

It was all I could do to keep my mouth shut, so she didn't cop an attitude! All I could think was 'get him the fuck out of here'!!!

6. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Right on brother. Rottys are great dogs. My oldest dog is half rotty and half pit, but she looks rotty. He looks like a big teddy bear. He for sure has a great home now where he will be loved for the rest of his life. :goodjob: :passsit:

7. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Thanks, dude. When I stopped at my bff's garage, he said he looks like a bear!

I took him to T Park last evening and it's all he could do to make it around once (2-3 miles)! The poor fucker never got any exercise. That's just plain cruel for a lg. breed, IMHO! This morning he seemed better, but now they're but crashed! :lmao:

8. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

He is awesome!! Great job finding him and I bet bully will be smileing also with the added company.

t6

9. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

This morning I finally got 'Puke' :lmao: to tug a toy with Bully and he even growled at Bully, but he's still timid. He'll come around!

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Good on ya MrA:thumbs-up: The beasts need more guys like you.

11. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

That's just good Karma for you.

Peace.....

12. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I am glad he has a good home now. Good on you, Brother.:thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

BBT

13. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Awesome Rott Mr.a.....mines going on 11 now and still acting like a puppy, gotta love the look on folks faces when they roll up on a 150lber.........Duke will be 160 or so easily with some good grub n love...nice rescue man

14. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Very cool Mr. A. :thumbs-up::thumbs-up: I've no doubt you'll have 'em whipped into shape in no time.

15. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Nice looking dog, and I'm sure he needs your love.

Good all around.

16. Chaz

Chaz Excommunicated

Awesome dog man! Such pretty dogs. Big hearts! Gratz bro!

17. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Had a bad scare lat night/this morning. Dookie puked alot of blood! My first thought was CA. He goes in tomorrow for an exam and hopefully it's just an upset stomach, for whatever reason.

Good vibes are much appreciated :thumbsup:

18. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Godd job MrA, :thumbs-up:I know for sure you will take good care of him. :passsit:

MGJs

19. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

He's in good hands MrA. Hope everything turns out well.

20. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Things are looking up! Just got back from the vet. He looks overall healthy. They think he may have parasites. Worms can also cause vomiting/blood (didn't see any in his puke or stool).

I let her talk me into a bag of bland food (don't even want to look at what that cost!). Meds for worms & parasites (wouldn't allow the vet to admin, but I got it in), med for upset stomach/ possible ulcers, and med. shampoo for scabs on back. All for $260+

She did say he was a big boy and she had a hard time checking his prostate! She had to switch fingers :lmao: Apparently he has an enlarged prostate and needs to be neutered. Quote: $350! I had Bully done 2 yrs. ago at a clinic for $100!!!

ATM all is well at the Mrastro household :thumbsup:

Thanks for checking-in