mh vs hps flowering time

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by nippie, Oct 28, 2014.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

can this make a difference? mh as compared to HPS

Just started flushing and went to check trichs, well I already have amber, like a lot of amber and almost solid cloudy.

Usually 9 weeks is what I go, tomorrow will be 7.

Has anyone every heard of this before?

It's the first time I was ever worried about waiting to long to harvest:roffl:

puzzled on this one:eusa_eh: maybe super blue really is the shit:passsit:

2. nippie

ha nevermind,

the stuff in the center of the table is normal really cloudy, the edges I guess from lack of light penetration are already done even the hairs have turned/turning

weird same moms though

3. gizmo_barks

gizmo_barks Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Hey, Nippie.

HPS is the best for flower. The red spectrum is what the flowers use to grow, best. MH will work, but I don't think it is as good as HPS.

I don't go by time as much as what the plant is saying. I also look at the hairs and maturity of the bud. Different things can cause the flower to take longer or shorter time. Outdoors seem to take me about a week longer than indoor.

Do you cut the tops as they ripen?

Happy Growing...:pimp:

peace

G_B

4. nippie

HPS is the standard, not quite sure about the best :D to much technology coming out to declare a winner as plasma and led are finally coming into maturity

BUT...it's the hortilux grow, things that aren't directly under the MH (switched back from hps to see if added UVB increased trichs) are rippening already.

Just weird how you can have a branch ripe, and another not.

PS...I always go by trichs never hairs, I have some strains that barely change hairs until after chopped and they are ready

5. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

I heard one of the growers/breeders on free weed talking about using m.h in the last couple weeks of flowing for some benefit or another. I've crammed 71 episodes in in a couple months, so I'm not sure which one it was or even what the benefit was but, I remember them saying they used it.

6. nippie

haha, but you got the knowledge and learned something :idea:

But the original idea was to test that theory (mh increased uvb) causing more trich developement but I was just wondering why the outside of the table would ripen before the inner.

The only guess I can come up with is lack of light, but at first until I went through everything to double check I thought that I was shaving off a few days

7. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

the less light thing makes since. I've always noticed the top/fully exposed flowers get mature faster