Michigan Grower

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 420/24/7/4/12, Dec 2, 2011.

1. 420/24/7/4/12

420/24/7/4/12 Excommunicated

Hello,

I am new to the site and would like to say hello. I have posted my first post here; http://forum.growkind.com/showthread.php?t=43908 which is some information about my 2011 outdoor harvest. I have lots of experience with growing indoors and out. I have been guerrilla outdoors for years and have become VERY successful at it with (knock on wood) very little loss due to thieves. I would like to meet some other people from Michigan or that live near 42* latitude to discuss strains that they have purchased from breeders that are sold to everyone as I have just recently moved from my own strains to adding some known strains. So far I have not had any luck buying strains that finish early, by September 15th or sooner. If you have any info to share with me or would like to pick my brain, post away or send me a PM. PM's might be off since I am new, but hopefully that won't be for long. Look forward to sharing some info.

2. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Welcome! My family is from MI (Flint and Detroit). I'm the only one born outside of it. Great place to share info.

3. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

I think your PMs may in fact be off. I sent you a PM last week, btw. Not sure if you read and just haven't had time to respond, but maybe they are turned off.

I have nothing to say one way or another about the seedbanks the following sight recommends, as I have no experience with any of them. Regardless of where you get the seeds, this webpage has a great listing for 7 strains that are apparently very successful in outdoor UK & Ireland growing. Pretty much same latitude as us, but they're also more humid and rainy. So anything that grows well for them should grow well for us. http://cannabis-seeds-uk-direct.11il.com/outdoor-cannabis-seeds-for-the-uk-and-ireland/

I know that before I buy any strain for outdoor growing from now on, I will DIRECTLY contact and question the breeder. Reason being, you see so much different information on the same strains. Like one site may say Bubblicious will harvest in Early Sept, another says mid October. I dunno if one of them is full of straight up bull shit or what. I think more likely that even though both sell seeds that are direct descendents of the original Bubblicious strain, each has followed its own line of evolution throughout the years, varying its harvest times.

Further, you may look at Browndirt Warrior's website. If you have never heard of him before, he is the creator of the mini film series Prohibition. Seems that he's been in the game for over 20 years, and recently developed his own strain called Browndirt's Revenge. He lives in BC, Canada. When I spoke w/him he said the strain was selected for large yields, mold resistance, and early harvest. It may be another winner for those at our latitude. Oh btw, he said his strain is ready for harvest by the first week in September. His seeds are pricy (nearly $10 / seed I think, and they're not feminized).

Here is a warning if you decide to give Browndirt a go: order your beans far far ahead of when you expect to need them. I ordered his master grow guide simply for the information on how he finds outdoor guerilla garden sites (which was unfortunately disappointing and lacking in detail), and it took nearly 6 weeks AFTER he received my payment for him to mail it to me. That was even with me emailing and sweating him the whole time.

Good luck bud, and let me know if you come across any other strains which seem to be well suited to "northern exposure" ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
  4. 420/24/7/4/12

Hey OG,

I did get your PM but had not been to the site in a week. You have a reply. I can get into some real detail about your questions but I tried to keep it short. If you are looking for more, let me know.

You are so right about the accuracy of information and how it differs from site to site. That is why I always ask for personal experience instead of what someone has heard. I registered for this site because unlike most others, the posts are more about personal experiences. Most of the other sites I have signed up for and asked the same ? about early outdoor strains, got replys that merely quoted the inaccurate info that can be found all over the net.

So far the only strain I have found that finishes by Sept. 15th from actual personal experience growing it outdoors in Michigan is AK-47 seeds from http://www.marijuana-seeds.nl/. I have yet to hear of any other strain that is done by this date at our latitude. I know that there must be others, because I have grown many that were done by then, but I did not know the exact strain for certain.

5. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

TGA SUBCOOL

lot of stores/clubs/dispensaries selling these in michigan great stock and genetics.

check tga site for locations of authorized dealers in mi or any state in green.

http://tgagenetics.com/strain.php

i love the querkle finishes in 7 weeks and rivals the og kush.

6. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Purple#1 by DP?

Welcome...i'll just call you 24/7:roll: Try this strain out,its pretty resiliant,iv grown it indoors twice and it adapted well but its best grown outdoors,its a fast grower for its type.Very nice stone and it looks cool as fuck in full bloom aswell:eusa_drool:

http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Purple_Nr1/Dutch_Passion/

7. 420/24/7/4/12

Thanks for all the info guys. I have chosen my strains and will be starting a some grow journals soon.