Monster cropping

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by jr215, Nov 1, 2014.

1. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Just thought I'd post a picture of a post monster cropped Pure Kush that is revegging. I'm not a fan of feminized plants, but a friend gave me a couple clones of Greenhouse Seeds Pure Kush that he monster cropped in the second week of flower. They've been revegging for a couple weeks now and are starting to grow odd ball leaves that look more like bay leaves than cannabis. Single blade and really wide. I don't know if it's just the stress from reveg or from being from a fem bean or the monster cropping process, but I'm not liking it. My other plants vegging look great though :)

pure kush.jpg

clone table.jpg

/monthly_2014_11/57a6cc749ec7e_purekush.jpg.4a47278c35b28406ef1006566e3730d8.jpg

/monthly_2014_11/57a6cc74d6eb5_clonetable.jpg.669502ccea99435eefb38a53df8db8ff.jpg

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

for sure a sign of the past stress....ive had the same with my LA Confidential, took about 3-4-5 times of cloning to get it back to normal, it went from the bottom to the top and finally grew out of it, now its back to regular 5 finger leaves, few 7's

3. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Revegging plants always have those odd looking leaves. That is normal.

They will go back to normal in a couple of weeks.

Here's a picture of a plant that I revegged a couple of years ago:

[​IMG]

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Agreed. Usually more round than ab pic from my experience. Jrs looks fine but it will take forever like cc is saying to snap out.

5. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

The one in flower looks stupid. I should have kept it under 18 for another couple weeks. Ive had outdoor plants do that when I planted them too soon. On a side not, I've been working on my new grow room today. Can't wait to fire it up. I got the Magnum XXL hood and a Phantom dimmable 1000 watt hps. I was going to go with LED's but this was too good a deal to pass up.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
  6. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

I see those same leaves when I take clones too late into flower and they have to revert back to to veg. Mine all grew normal after a while too. Seems to be all strains.

7. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Are some of you guys growing in tv dinner trays and brownie pans? :5eek: :kidding:

I also have had the same funky leaves and thought i had retarded plants, i thought genetics probaby till everyone here told me stress prob was the cause. It grew out just fine. So it all worked out in the end.

8. gizmo_barks

gizmo_barks Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

It seems marijuana grows like that.

That seems to be normal for pot. The plant is just starting over again, like it did when it started from seed, The leaves will have 3 points (I don't remember the name of the points), then 5points, then 7then 9 then...

I also noticed when the plant is put in flower the reverse happens. The leaves start to lose the number of points. I guess it is plant genetics.

peace

G_B

9. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

For sure man, the first new leaves from a re-veg are always single. Also, depending on how and where your cuttings come from also will have an effect on the new leaves on the clones.