Mr. Nice Genetics in Stock

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by Useless, Jun 10, 2009.

1. canadian123

canadian123 hemp ninja

Looks like it 3-4wks is reasonable......

Where are the rules for the comparo grows? can I run fems against regular beans....do I have to go from seed or can I select the best mother from each batch and go from clones?....

2. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Fems vs. Standard seeds is fine.

Ideally, both strains from seed to give a true comparison of each seed pack, not just "the best" each pack has to offer.

However, I might make some considerations toward the latter if circumstances dictate and a fair comparison is provided. As in HHHG's case.

So far it's just HHHG and Gratitude in on the comp....

Cheers.

3. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

I don't plan on giving Arjan anymore money so no GWS seeds to compare to SharkShock. I'm convinced just by looking at pics that Greenhouse is not selling the same thing as Mr.Nice. That and the fact that Shanti took all his parents when he left Greenhouse. Anyway, I'll still compare my gws once I get clones of SS.

4. Useless

Well, it would have to be White Rhino vs. Med Man, or GWS vs. Shark Shock.....

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

My CM seeds were 'problematic', but I do have a mom.

I don't see any BB listed on ghs, though.

6. HappyHappyHighGuy

Yeah that's what I meant.

I've had MedMan on the mind

7. Joe King Park

Joe King Park Auto-Pilot Grower

Way To Go Happy :wink:

Keep Up The Good Work ( Did You Know GHS Actually Witheld Someone Elses Entry So They Would Not Win The Cup :shocked:, Thats Right , Owl Seeds ).

I'd Upload The Image But This Site Don't Accept Mine ( Just Enter Joe King Park Into Yahoo And My Gallery Is There For All To See ):wink:

Good Day , Eh !, lol

JKP/PP

8. Useless

On GHS being shady...

Last year about 2 months before the HTCC, Shanti posted a nice tid-bit. Apparently GHS/Arjan had bought a few kilos of SSH from one of Shanti's friends, which was grown from Shanti's seed stock, in order to enter it into the HTCC.

Not his seed stock, not his genetics, not even grown by GHS.

What a fuckin douche.

I was glad Shanti caught wind of it and posted the information long before the HTCC took place. That way there was no way for GHS to claim is was sour grapes....Oh yea, and of course GHS said "Well it didn't win a Cup so that shows how poor MNS genetics are...."

GHS are scammers, hacks, liars. Period.

9. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Seeds arrived...again.

OK folks, true to his word, Shanti sent me a replacement pack (Dr C sold me recalled stock) of La Niña and I picked them up yesterday. 22 seeds...only 15 in the last pack:smokin:

So as far as the clones vs. seed plants go...

I've got 3 (out of a 5pk) El Niño growing now.

I know that the usual way to proceed would be to keep the best as a mum and let the rest go... In the interest of fairness for the comparison, should I run all 3 regardless of performance against the La Niña seedlings?

or...

Do I need to run the La Niña, and do a side-by-side against the El Niño, clone-to-clone?

That would certainly put the results out there a ways.

In the mean time I'm looking at my entire personal stash being GHS:icon_confused: Here's hoping it's as good as Nirvana.

Grat

10. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I'm sure that's what SB did to me re: CM

Oh Well

11. HappyHappyHighGuy

Dr.C doesn't have the same rep he used to. It's best to get directly from the breeder when you can, and MNS is one of the few breeders that deal directly with growers and ships outside Europe.

12. HappyHappyHighGuy

Happy Happy Joy Joy

BW & G13xSk arrived today, along with a free pack of ASH (Afghan Skunk x Afghan Haze). They were not in MNS envelopes, but the packaging is tougher than any seedbank offers. Each of the 3 packs contain 25-30 seeds.

13. jollygreen

jollygreen Veggy Stage

so you al like Mr. nice seeds i will check it out:shocked:

14. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I personally have gotten mixed results from the Early pearl x skunk that I grew out, im curious about the med man and black widow for sure, we will see tho

15. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Ive just read through this entire thread and love what Im hearing about MNS. I just registered on his forum and plan to order some Shark Shock as soon as they are available. Ill let you folks know when I place my order and when I get the beans. Peace

16. HappyHappyHighGuy

Master Kaze is the first genuine MNS I've grown, but I've smoked knockoffs of GWS & WW and both were potent.

17. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

I’ve just started reading Mr. Nice an Autobiography. Quite an interesting book, doesn’t help with a comparison though :icon_confused:

18. Useless

It's a great book.

19. HappyHappyHighGuy

Man these Black Widow beans are calling my name...

"Bring us to life, HHHG"

I don't have the space right now, maybe in a couple weeks.

"That's kool, HHHG"

-The Beanz

20. canadian123

canadian123 hemp ninja

Just got an email from SB saying Shark Shock will not be ready till mid January!......I can't wait that long by the time I have viable plants my indoor season will be over....but we can do an outdoor comparo grow from seed?.....