Mr. Nice Shark Shock Grow

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by rasganjah, Nov 16, 2011.

1. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Okay everyone, how are you all doing? I've been pretty good. I have not been doing anything too interesting as far as growing, until now. I'm going to share this grow here on GK. I figured people might like to see a Mr. Nice grow.

I'm going to finally grow out some of the seeds I have been sitting on. I chose Shark Shock for it's supposed faster flowering time. I ordered these seeds last year from The Attitude.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were 18 seeds in the pack and I decided to go with 8 for this first run. I placed them in a moist paper towel on a plate and into a ziplock bag, then put that on top of the DirecTv reciever to stay nice and warm. This is he method I like the best. No fancy gimmick, and I have always had 100% germination using this method.

[​IMG]

They should pop their tap roots within 48 hours and will then be planted into an organic peat based seed starter mix until they emerge and form their first set of leaves.

They will then go into 2 gallon smart pots filled with Roots Organics potting soil to veg for about 4 or 5 weeks during which time I will take clones of each one before they are placed into the flowering room under a single 1k watt light.

I will be feeding them using General Organics nutrients. Additives will be Great White mycorrhizae, and I also have some Seafuel Bloom and Seaweed Bloom from an Australian company called Agricultural Organics that I happen to have lying around.

I'll post updates as there are new developments to share, as long as people are interested.

2. coconuthead

coconuthead Begun Flowering

Quit being modest. You know damn well we wanna see this shit. Happy growing bredren.:popcorn-2:

3. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Howdy and bring on the Show!!!! We could use some grows on here!

t6

4. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Your going to love the Shark. I've been thinking about popping the other half a pack I have..Great smoke for sure.

5. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

I'm interested! Curious about the Shark Shock and also the General Organics as I'm using that for the first time in my current grow.

6. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

WOW

This is like old times wth a RAS grow... im pulling up a front and cnter seat....:bong-2:

T6

I currently have 2 grows going lol

7. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Hey Ras.

Good to see you back on the boards !

I will be watching your grow.

BBT:anibong::anibong::anibong:

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Good to see a Ras garden. Looks like you might have been hanging over at the MrNice Forums.

9. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

YES DREDD!!! :-welcome-:

Let me be the first to say you have been sorely missed 'round these parts. Good to have you back. Looking forward to see you back in action. :thumbs-up:

10. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

move over and give me some elbow space. I'll be chilling here from begining to end, anybody got a mini fridge? No but really, Ras, of course we wanna see this shit, the Shark is supposed to be some real knock out weed

11. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Coconuthead- I'm glad that you and the others will be following along.

Teamster- Has it been slow around here? I didn't really browse the forums yet.

JuggaloKing420- I'm glad to hear that you liked your Shark Shock so much. I hope to find a special pheno in this pack. If I don't get something awesome from this first 8 seeds, I'll try the other 10. I have always been impressed with the overall uniformity and quality of Mr. Nice genetics. Shanti is the man!

Tony Aroma-I'm confident that the Shark Shock won't be a disappointment. The General Organics nutes on the other hand, I can't say that I am impressed or all that happy with them. I am only using them in order to finish off the Gallon bottles I bought last year. They seem to be weak when fed at the recommended rates, the cal/mg is definitely shit and overall I am unhappy with them. Once I finish these bottles, I won't buy them again. Personally I feel that you can get equally good results with fish emulsions or other organic nutrients available from your local nursery for less money with less parts.

Bigbud214-My brother! It does feel like old times huh? Glad to see you still doing your thing. Stick around and see if I can do these genetics justice.

bigbudztoo-It's good to be back, glad you'll be watching.

ResinRubber-Why do you say it looks like I have been hanging at the Mr. Nice Forums?

JesseJamesBond-Thanks for the boisterous welcome back! :passsit: I've been growing this whole time, with the exception of the last couple months. I took a short break and now I'm getting it started back up. I figured it was time to try some new genetics.

link420-Thanks for checking in, glad you'll be following along. I hope it lives up to the hype. I could use some new kick ass weed in the stable.

12. JuggaloKing420

I liked all 4 females I found, but the more Sativa phenos seemed more exotic to me. I kept a skunk pheno that's great, but there's a Sweet and Sour pheno in there that I wish I had kept as well. Indicas finished between 8-9 weeks, the Skunk finishes at around 10-11 and the Sweet and Sour pheno could have went 12. But yea, like I said, IMO the Sativa dom's are where it's at.

13. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

That doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about my choice. I chose to grow this strain for it's indica dominance and supposed faster flowering times. I hope I don't end up with a bunch of sativa dominant phenos that want longer flowering times. As a commercial grower I don't like tying up soo much time in the flowering process, I need to crank out the meds faster. Always faster and more......

It's not as much fun as it used to be.....:BangHead:

14. JuggaloKing420

The indicas were good, don't get me wrong, but they weren't the best out of the pack..It's been awhile and I've lost a few brain cells since then. If I remember right, they were similar, both with a good high and decent yields. 1 liked calmag more than the other and had more trich production. If that helps.

rasganjah likes this.
  15. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

For sure, any and all information is helpful. I'm just really hoping that I get a nice 8 week pheno. I have enough strains that take 10+ weeks to flower.

For my own personal use, I LOVE a good Sativa or Sativa dominant, and I don't mind a longer flowering time to get it, but in my big flood tables, it sucks to have them tied up for 12 weeks at a time.

The Hazes are popular among the medical patients these days but they aren't willing to pay any more for them so from a cost efficiency stand point in a tough economy, I'm looking for another quick flowering strain to help with the overall production.

16. JuggaloKing420

Well if you can find it, look into something with Alien Tech in it..There seem to be alot of Alien Kush's and Dawgs sprouting up lately. The Alien is really dominant in most of the crosses I've seen. Mostly 8-9 weeks flower, Kushy taste and knock out highs.

17. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Probably just me. Been reading a nice Shark Shock thread at MrNice awhile back.

18. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

It wasn't me. I have an account at Mr Nice Forums but it's under the same name as here. Same goes for IC Mag too. To be honest though, I haven't been active on any forums at all since I was last active here at GK. At most forums there is no draw to share or converse with the membership. I can glean what information I need from most forums just by browsing other people's threads. Here at GK it's different. :passsit:

19. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

hey RAS, good to see you posting another grow!:popcorn-2:

20. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Watching this one never done any mr nice. Do however have some montrebel cross chocolate rain that used one of his strains in the cross.

t6