My 1st QWISO Attempt

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by Bigbud214, Feb 13, 2011.

1. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Freezing the cookie sheet might help...but you're probably still gonna have a tough time with it. Good luck!

Next time....Pyrex!

Sorry Mr A, but I gotta disagree. Bubble hash might taste better or hit smoother, but IMO Bubblehash doesn't have the potency that QWISO does. Chemically processed hash (if done correctly) will always be more potent and WAY more pure than mechanically processed hash made from the same strain.

-tC

2. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

heres whats left i have a lil ball im gettin ready to smoke as well as the dish...

[​IMG]

3. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Right on BB, that's great. Let's call it crack off.

4. Midnight Garden

Well I guess I could always add some more iso back to it and then transfer that to a plate the dry it out again.

5. hydromorphone

hydromorphone Excommunicated

Nothing beats BHO!! I just don't like scraping it up all that well.

Since this is a qwiso thread.. Save up used baggies and wash them

and empty curing jars if you find yourself dry.

6. Bigbud214

2nd Qwiso run

heres what i got from running about 1/3 of the trim from my PEx Qwiso style... this run was much more blonde than my 1st run... gonna do another run tonight...

[​IMG]

7. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

First off you guys should use 70% iso instead of 90 as it breaks down less plant matter in the plant material.
    I gotta say I do a lot of qwiso and the one thing that is funny compared to bubble hash. I think it probably does a better job extracting everything from the plant material. You can use straight fan leaves and process a oil that will still show a buzz it is so efficient.

However I made my first batch of bubble and used straight bud. It was the bomb less time waiting and also taste very good indeed. Forgot to mention if you get behind on processing it takes forever to do it all in qwiso where you can bubble a ton of it off in no time.

t6

8. Midnight Garden

I just made some again too. This time I put the herb and the iso in the freezer for a couple of days. I found that when you get the iso cold the qwiso comes out much lighter in color. Did you get your iso cold or did you just do a shorter wash?

9. Bigbud214

nah man i have 2 bottles in the freezer for when i harvest the SSH and OGK... i keep it as cold as possible... same with the trim

10. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

BB, how long did it take your pyrex dishes too completely dry out? Ive been waiting since the weekend and my shit still isnt ready to scrape after using 70%...WTF???

11. Bigbud214

dude i can scrape the shit i ran last night now if i want to... all i do is put it on a heating pad set to high

12. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Jessie---I use 70, too and it does take longer. Mine is dry at 24 hours if I set a fan beside it and blow over the top (not directly pointed at it).

Maybe you used more alcohol than you really needed?

I use the same Mason jars I cure in, packed loosly, but full--- and ONE bottle of 70% Put a fan on it and be patient! It WILL dry!

Dix

13. Bigbud214

i fill a quart jar a little more than 2/3 full of trim... loosely packed and frozen... i then fill the jar approx 1/2 way with the ice cold ISO... then shake for 55=60 seconds... accounting for screwing the lid on and pouring the wash out...

14. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

If you but it on a heating pad it will speed it up-Bud

15. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Still sticky and tacky. I used a 1L jar filled 3/4 full, topped with 70%, shook for 55 secs, strained once, then through a coffee filter, then boiled off the 70% atop a pot of boiling water on med-high heat...NADA!

I tried everything. Had the plates sitting on a space heater for 2 days...nada.

In my tent under a 600w, having a circulation fan blow and my exhaust fan moving air...nada.

I WANT ME BLOODY HASH ALREADY...

16. Bigbud214

dont know man i dont put it over the boiling water... and the stuff i ran tuesday night is ready also but i still have half that chunk i ran earlier

17. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

not trying to hijack, but I just did my first batch and it's sitting on the heating pad. The ISO is in a pyrex bowl and sitting on a pyrex bowl, but its about half an inch deep. Is this to much ISO in there to hope to succesfully evap?

18. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Nope. Just be patient, you'll see.:thumbs-up:

Scotty- Don't know what's up. Had a run that was all tarry a couple years ago, never did figure out what I did wrong or why. I just let it sit on the heating pad for a few days until it got gunky enough to scrape and roll in kief to help dry it out.

19. Dixie Hicky

FWIW, my first Qwiso was a bust. It NEVER got dry...just became a tarry, super sticky wad of goo. I tossed it and started all over again.

The second and every batch since have been perfect. I dont think I did anything different that first time... but for whateber reason, it just flat didnt work. That's the breaks.

I have read that too loong an exposure to the alcohol can fuck up the product, so Im assuming somtimes 60 seconds is too long.

My guess is, you're in the same boat. With all the different drying techniques and the length of time that's passed....it should be dry by now if it was gonna get dry.

Got any more time?

Shit happens.

Dix

20. Dixie Hicky

No. You're fine. Mine is always deep inn the pyrex dish. However, I NOW ise a huge glass turkey platter, about24" inches wide, round. This lets the liquid sptraf out, so to speak, and the dasme quantity that was an inch deep in the pyrex dish is less than half that deep....and natch, dries quicker.

But dont worry---just keep evaping.

Dix