My Aero Cloner

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Bigbud214, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Aero Cloner Redux

ok all ive reworked the aero cloner... while the initial set up was fine... i needed to address the black iron pipe fitting from the pump to the PVC...

so i bit the bullet and bought a 264 gal/hr pump which allowed me to screw a 1/2" PVC thread to slip coupling directly to it... i also switched to lowes buckets per Chriscrete's advice... then went a step further and mimicked the actual EZCLONER by adding an airstone to the bottom of the bucket... the bigger pump makes the sprayers work better and has increased the coverage... check it...

[​IMG]

2. zog

zog Developed Alternating Nodes

Hey thats way cool BB. nice job,so how much ya got wrapped up in that baby? Thinkin on building one myself in the near future,looks like it works pretty good.

3. Bigbud214

updated price list

ok price list for improved buclet aero cloner...

264 gal/hr pump.................... $25.00

5-15 gal air pump.................. $ 6.00

1 lowes 5 gal bucket w/ lid..... $ 3.50

2' 1/2" PVC pipe.................... $ 1.50

3 1/2" PVC Ts....................... $ 1.50

4 1/2" PVC 45 degree elbows... $ 1.25

4 1/2" PVC end caps.............. $ 1.00

1 1/2" thread to slip coupling... $ .35

11 sprayers 360 ezclone.......... $ 7.70

1 4" air stone....................... $ 1.50

1 8' air hose......................... $ 1.50

_______

TOTAL $50.00

not too bad seeing buying one would cost me at least $150.00

4. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Your guna shit when you see how fast and efficent cloning becomes.....and i mean a giant pile of shit, huge! and wet.....no corn

5. Bigbud214

nice CC i could use a good cleansing lmao

:roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl:

6. Bigbud214

ok question my aero cloner is runnning wonderfully but i have a question...

my water temp is holding at 78 degrees is that too warm??? my room temp is 71 im guessing its the pump thats heating up the water??? so is 78 too warm for cloning??? if so how do i get the temps lower???

thanks everyone for the advice

7. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Frozen water bottle

8. Bigbud214

ahhhhhh

thats the ticket

\thanks MrA

9. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

YOu may want to try this batch on the 78 temp and see how they do. I did this last batch 100% at 79 degrees.

teamster6

10. Bigbud214

very cool thanks T6 will do

11. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I like mine around 75 or so, 78 should be money

12. Bigbud214

so 78 it is

wwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

thats what this little piggy is saying

13. Bigbud214

heres the clones at almost 3 days...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Lookin' good, but I'm confused as why you trimmed those fans, instead of just deleting them. All you need is the one set at the top. See the growth at the nodes? Wasted energy, ATP.

15. Bigbud214

MrA

this was my first go around with cloning so i have no answer... except i didnt think i needed to remove em all the way... i dont think it will impair anything but again i dont know... lol... we shall see what happens

16. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

It's one of those things that's not a deal breaker, just from now on, only leave the top set.

Any roots yet?

I'm probably going to build one, but more so to finish one aeroponically, as I don't have the room to use my 30 unit aeroponics system.

17. Bigbud214

no roots yet but again its only been since friday evening... im not expecting any so soon... but ive checked twice already lol... im way too impatient

18. Bigbud214

oh by the way im thinking of using my smaller pump to build a single plant aero unit to grow one out in just for the hell of it... ive enjoyed my soil run and feel attached to it but i love the growth rate i see from other types of growing... we shall see if i do it

19. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

BB, How's your homemade aerocloner holding up after a year of use? I'm getting ready to build my own and was wondering if there's anything you've improved on over the past year.

Any online sources for the pumps ect. would be most apprecieated.

Thanks Man!

Duc

20. Bigbud214

Duc

I only used it for a few runs. I had promised a former member that Id build them one. I didnt have the cash seeing I wasnt working at that time. I ended p sending the on I made. That member is gone now so I have no clue how it held up. I now clone with clonex and Rapid Rooters. Have roots in 7-12 days 99% of the time. It worked very well for me.