My Aero Cloner

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Bigbud214, Dec 30, 2010.

1. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

I'm glad to see a few people used that design from the diy, but I feel a little guilty too. They work great when they're set up right, and can definitely pump out the clones, but mine sits with a thick coat of dust. This is mostly because rockwool plugs are just about impossible to beat for simplicity and consistency, and they're cheap. They may take a few more days, but no temps, sprayers, water and other BS to worry about.

-tC

2. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Thats why I never built a second one. I do not need to pump out clones. Cut em... dip em... stick em in a Rapid Rooter.... usually in 10 days I have prolific roots.

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

My mini cloner generally sits on the shelf too. Think this is first time in three or four cycles I've pulled it out.

4. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Why dont you guys use these things?

Mine never shuts off, only to clean and add new water......always got 30 in there doin there thing

I look at it this way.....you end up chopping off the bottoms anyhow in flower most of the time, so use them for clones prior to flowering, whats the worst thats guna happen? you throw them away? oh NO! but if you dont have them setup then your screwed by atleast 2 weeks, more like 3-4 tho.....i ALWAYS have atleast 10 good quality clones ready to go at any time and right behind them is another 10 and another and .............................................................................

Also.....I find it good to rotate your moms and not keep the same one for more than a month or 2........I got a Dabney right now thats so effn huge shes beggin for a few folks to take her babies! :idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

5. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

i just dont need that many... i always take a few clones before flowering so i keep that strain alive.

im a great foster parent for any babies needing a home lol

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

If I had 5 rooms I'd be rocking a cloner 24/7, but only needing 14-18 plants per cycle taking a shit pile of clones is just wasted effort. Agree with you about rotating moms.

7. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

I'm:thumbs-up:smiling about mine!

8. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Considering how small my growspace is, me thinks an aerocloner would be overkill. I think using rockwool cubes in a smallish vegging box would better suit my needs.

Thanks for the input guys

Duc