My butter recipe (crock pot)

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by dowork123, Oct 31, 2009.

1. dowork123

dowork123 Delaying gratification!

I use only the fine trimmings that actually have visible trichomes on them or airy buds I wouldn't want to smoke. Here's how I do it...

1) Get a big plastic cup like the ones you get when you buy a drink from burger king or mc donalds. The mouth should be wider than the rest of the cup (it should taper down to the bottom). Save the cup!

2) Fill the cup 3/4 of the way up with water and then pour water into crock pot.

3) Also, put 1 1/3 stick butter into the crock pot.

4) Now add the trim, buds, etc.

5) Turn crock pot on high for 2 hours and watch it, you want to stir it frequently to prevent it from getting too hot.

6) After 2 hours on high, drop the temp on the crock pot to low for another 2 hours and continue to watch/stir frequently (yes, this is a bit time consuming but I find it gives the best results).

7) After 2 hours on low, turn the crock pot off and let it sit for a bit as it will be very hot.

8) Use a cheese cloth or even one of those wife beater tank tops and strain the liquid into the plastic cup you saved from earlier.

9) Put the cup into your fridge. The next day, you will have a cake of butter on top of the cup and all the water will be on the bottom. Push the sides of the cup and th cake will pop out and there you have it!

I have left the house before because this is a long process and when I did, the butter was not as potent. You want to get the THC hot so that it fuses with the butter but not so hot it burns off, that is why I constantly stir it. You can use this in a a recipe that calls for butter or you could do what I do and put it in a shot glass, mic it for a minute or so and drink it raw!

lukesmommy likes this.
  2. rollin2techno

rollin2techno cL053t Gr0w3r

I do it this way (well similar). I bring the pot of water/butter/weed mix to a boil, then let simmer with a lid on it for 4 hrs, strain, fridge then pull the hardened butter off the top.

3. dowork123

Yeah, I have used other recipes but found low and slow to be the best!

4. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Sounds like a potent method

5. 901am

901am Germinated

has anyone tried to use grain alcohol? from what i understand you soak the cannibis in a small amount of grain alcohol for about 30 minutes, then strain. i've read where some people drop it over the cannibis for super weed!!!

6. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

:puke:

Sorry man....I just hate the taste of pot butter and to hear someone hit that shit straight up makes me wanna hurl!

Great way to make the butter though. I had never thought to use a crock pot myself....damn fine idea! :ebert: :idea:

7. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

You don't mix oil (butter) and alcohol. You use one or the other. Alcohol is used for making tincture and hash but not in oils.

8. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

i'm making this butter recipe as we speak! I'll letcha all know how it turns out- i've never done this using the crockpot before, but so far, so good!

Peace

-LM

9. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

ok, so the butter cooking process is complete, and i have 3lbs of butter chillin in the fridge! Gonna make some yummy edibles tomorrow mornin! i'll keep you all posted on how they turn out...

Peace

-LM

10. smoker69

smoker69 Excommunicated

weaiting

still waiting. lol

11. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Three Lbs.?!!!

You must be throwing in everything but the kitchen sink!

Good luck with that.

12. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

How's the butter? You can try a slab before cooking.

I'm Waiting...

13. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

That is alot of butter, LM, hope you threw in enough trim to make it worthwhile. :cooking: :gl:

14. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

the best cannabutter EVAR!!!

Hey GK!!!

Well, the butter has been tested in a batch of turtle biscotti cookies, and Oh my, is it POTENT!!!

And, yes Kermie, Mr A and Mr D- Thank goodness i used the 7 quart crockpot! I had been saving all my vaped buds (which was 2 lg ball jars full) plus i added ALL of the popcorn bud from grow 2, as well as frosty plant matter left overs. It smelled of such marijuana in here!!!

Ironically, the butter itself came out beautifully- the potentcy is exactly as i hoped it would be! i had zero problems this time with the cooking process, as well as taking the butter outta the container when it was chilled. Everything went great!

So, with a 1/4 cup shy of 3lbs of cannabutter, i will def be makin some yummy edibles! Can't wait!

i am incredibly f'd up right now... 3 cookies later...lol

Peace

-LM

PS- gonna take a pic for you guys...

15. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I was just wondering how things went.

I only make 1/2 Lb/aat. I use 3/4 Oz. of good bud. I save my trim for hash.

16. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Butter Pics!

here's the butter baby!!! :

[​IMG]

And that, my friends, is some yummy stuff! Can't wait to make more goodies tomorrow!

Peace

-LM

17. dowork123

Been a while I've been on here but glad someone liked the crock pot butter. And to the poster that was disgusted about the fact that I drink my butter straight.....you are right, it is gross but i am a bodybuilder also. It's bad enough I am drinking butter but I almost never eat simple sugars so cookies or brownies are a no go in my diet.

18. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

skip the water

I use unsalted butter and clarify the butter to remove any non oil bases its pure yellow clear liquid then ad trim simmer for 2hours stirring occasionally then let cool then simmer and cool twice more then heat enough to pour through a strainer (fine mesh screen ) I put it in 8oz storage containers then onto the freezer

19. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

Try Coconut Oil!

Compared to butter's 66% saturated fat content, coconut oil is 92% saturated fat. Theoretically that makes it capable of absorbing 39% more cannabinoids. Even margarine is only 80% saturated fat. Nothing else besides ghee (65%) comes close to coconut oil.

I'm not saying butter sucks. Butter always produces great results, but coconut oil seems to be even better. I have yet to do a side by side comparison although I'm fairly certain coconut oil is at least as good as butter. If nothing else it's a nice substitute for something a little different...and of course for vegans.

There is one possible drawback, at least in the baked goods arena of edibles. Since switching to coconut oil all my brownies cave in on themselves. Imagine instead of a brownie pan, a muffin pan. Now imagine a mini muffin pan (24 instead of 12). Rather than plump, fluffy, inviting miniature bite-size brownie muffin "doses" they collapse into little craters. Nevertheless they still kick my ass. Normally 1/2 gives me a solid 4-6 hours comparable to a couple big hits of premium buds. An entire mini brownie muffin made me stupid the whole afternoon and well into the night. Note that my sister achieves the same potency with a better end product, so my problems could stem from my lack of baking skills. Anyone out there know their way around a kitchen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooking_oil#Types_of_oils_and_their_characteristics