my first BHO run

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by Bigbud214, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

So my Caliextractions tube was delivered today... This thing is a beast.... 2.5" O.D. 316L surgical stainless steel x 12" long. It holds up to 200 grams.

[​IMG]

I put in 20.6 grams of trim and popcorn from my sour kush

[​IMG]

Ended up with 2.2 grams of the tastiest dabs I've had to date. Look how golden it finished. I used Capital brand N-tane

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Looks tasty Bigbud214. I'll be making some by next week myself. :bong-2:

3. Bigbud214

Here I took about .4 ish of a gram and dissolved it into room temp 190 proof Graves organic grain alcohol. Putting that into freezer for 48 hrs.... Then goin to strain in freezer and thin layer evap for a winterized oil

[​IMG]

The chunk that's left after a blast in freezer... Did not winterize this...

[​IMG]

4. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Right on man that shit looks delicious. :good job:

5. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

That looks like some tasty BHO buddy..

The last time I made BHO I purged the butane directly into a pyrex beaker containing the Everclear. Once all the butane has boiled off you're left with only the alcohol & the BHO which is then placed on ice for 24 hours before filtering. By purging directly in to the grain alcohol you save a step and a have one less dish to clean...

Cheers

Duc

6. Bigbud214

I was thinking of doing that duc... But I wanted some to enjoy immediately...lol

Thanks guys...

7. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

I need to make a new tube. I have no clue what happened to the old one. Any of you guys ever mess with a vacuum purge? I thought about trying to make a little chamber for a tuperware type container to run on a vacuum sealer. I need to look more into that.

8. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

dowork did a thread on his winterization process and he uses a vac pump. I think in that thread he posted a link to the vendor for his pump etc.

i will eventually get a vac pump. I need a bunch of other stuff first tho...

9. Bigbud214

I will be buying a vac chamber soon...

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Looks tasty BB. Digging the yellow.

Been there Skunky. The food vac sealers do a barely adequate job but require quite a bit of heat and time. Neither of which is good for BHO. I've run them with the vacuum jar caps and a DIY top on one gallon and 1 quart jars. The jars need to be soaking under vacuum in a hot bath continuously for many many hours though.

You're better off with a $99 harbor freight vacuum pump and a $50 vacuum plate. It's not much more expense vs buying a food vacuum.

11. Bigbud214

I'm looking at a Value Vacs 3 gallon stainless chamber comes with lid, silicone gasket, vacuum gauge, and air filter, steel braided hose and an oilslick pad for $135.... A mastercool 6cfm pump from amazon is $105....

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Those are the ones that are essentially converted double boilers? They look pretty good and the $$ ain't bad at all.

13. Bigbud214

www.bestvaluevacs.com

Seems like a good deal... Especially with the air filter so no dust is drawn in when releasing vacuum