My Ghetto Kief Machine

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by Midnight Garden, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I have been thinking about making kief lately and so this is what I came up with, it's ghetto as hell and while the end results were ok, I think the screen size is too big.

I took an old screen door I had laying around, cut it in half, put it up on some homer buckets, put a metal pan underneath and put a hand sander on the screen...

[​IMG]

Added my weed and turned on the sander...

[​IMG]

Fifteen minutes later I had this...and I am baked now!

[​IMG]

2. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

You know they make grinders for like $30 bucks, with keif screens.....good work...just saying.....:bong2:

3. Midnight Garden

My wife has one, that thing holds about one or two grams of weed at the most. We were looking at it at lunch today and trying to figure out how to unclog the screen. Looks like I may have to soak it in some iso.

4. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

i made a tumbler better than the 700 dollar okief (i own one) with 100 bucks and homedepot...i like your style...im all about mods :)you need a better screen tho....smaller micron

5. Midnight Garden

That's funny you popped in here, I was just looking at CC's thread were you said you had an okief tumbler, I looked at them on their web site, they are pricey, even for the smaller ones. I for sure need a smaller screen, at least 90 microns or smaller would do the trick I think. How did you make your's?

6. Stash2.0

I got a rubber made tote and a rotisierre cooker and modded it out...even the big tumblers from Okies are small...I was like wtf....

Yes 90 microns....also bubble bags and dry ice is the quickest method

7. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

dry ice, now that's something I've never heard of. Where the hell do you get dry ice? The last time I had any was in high school, when we stole a big block outa chemistry class. Man, that was a fun day, except for the part where my buddy had to get plastic splinters removed from his eyes :roffl: freaking dry ice bombs anyways

8. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

You can get small silk screens at a hobby store or a crafts store. I think the way they measure is different though. Not sure, but they're as fine as my bubblebags. You'll get real nice kief out of these. Heat it between your palms and it will mold into a nice hash ball. We used to use a big tea strainer to screen our bong weed and it looks like it was smaller holes than that one.

9. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

you can buy dry ice at a lot of places now...most any of the ups self owned type package shipping places sell it, as do some meijers and other stores.

just google it. we use tons of dry ice in my biz

never heard of it for making kief though, how the hell do you do that?

10. Midnight Garden

[YOUTUBE]PLcyJCrTEb4[/YOUTUBE]

11. that gringo

that gringo Young Bud of GK

thats a cool video:thumbs-up: giving me ideas...

:pimp:

12. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

I'm no expert but I don't 190 mic is anywhere near tight enough. I've only made bubble has once & I didn't get nice pure hash until the 75 & 25 mic bags were pulled. Even the 110 mic bag didn't produce anything you'd wanna smoke.

Maybe it's different because there's no water involved.

Anyone with any first hand experience floating around?

Duc

13. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Well, first, he shouldn't try weighing after he smoked. A 220 is a larger diameter so I'd say he's wrong there. My 220 is my waste bag. I'd do the 75 bag. It looks pretty freakin' easy. It's a lot quicker than the bubble. I wonder if it's as nice? Hmmmmm.....maybe next weekend.

I wonder how sugar leaves will do. I'm definately not doing my buds.

edit: Oh yeah. Wear gloves!!! He should have said that first.

14. Midnight Garden

Yeah, I'd use a 90 or 75 bag, don't know where he is getting his sizes from. I think he has them backwards.

15. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

yeah not a good idea to handle dry ice with your bare hands.. Tongs would be a better all around tool to use.

16. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Well, if you look close, he does appear to have on surgical gloves. He should have pointed that out tho.

17. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

You probably know but you're getting a lot of bud material mixed with your hash. If you are on a budget then use nylon leg hose.

If you end up getting bubble bags then I'd suggest the 5gal ones. I've got the 1 gal and they don't hold much.

18. Stash2.0

20 gallons rock..