My new favorite hobby

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HappyHappyHighGuy, Dec 12, 2006.

1. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Hello, my name is HappyHighGuy and I'm a pothead. I smoked my first joint at age 17 and never looked back. That moment was the first time in my life that I felt happy, and as most of you know, nothing makes you feel quite like Maryjane.

My first grow is almost finished and my second grow is well underway. First grow was from sativa bagseed, but the 2nd grow is 4 different Indicas from Dr.Chronic. I guess since I've only had Mexican weed then I've never had kind bud. I can't wait to get couchlocked!

Before this, I never grew anything before. I find it fascinating that a seed can be stored for years and then turned into wonderful buds. I love to get high and stare at my girls in awe. Is that normal?

I researched growing for over a year before attempting it myself, and I've had minimal problems because of that. There are two things I have learned since growing: a) it takes a lot of patience, especially for your first grow, and b) you will spend a lot more money than you planned. Luckily I am very patient. I slowly upgrade my system as I can afford it.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of GK. I have learned so much from the forums here. All my pothead friends from the college years have either died, moved away, got married or just quit toking, so it's nice to be among cyber pothead friends:animbong:

2. mrdope

mrdope The Cannabis Grower

Good job on doing the research before you started growing. A lot of noobs dont do that and find many many problems and ask many many questions. You are so right.. it does take patience and it does take more money then expected. Its all worth it in my opinion. Welcome to GrowKind:punk:

3. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

hey man. i have seen you on the boards and you seem pretty level headed.

this is a very rewarding hobby if you can stay with it.

glad to have ya..............

4. jerseydude

jerseydude Banned

:)

Yes, it's absolutely normal to stare at your plants in awe. :biggrin:

The connection to a growing plant that YOU are nurturing is irresistible.

I know it is for me.

I'm still fascinated when I'm rooting clones and those roots start to poke out from the rockwool cubes. Kinda like being a parent.

Welcome and enjoy your stay. :bigok:

5. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

Hey !!!

Welcome to GrowKind, HappyHighGuy!.....[​IMG]

Hope cultivating becomes your 'oldest favorite hobby'. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Welcome and enjoy the fruits of your harvest!!!!:punk:

7. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Watt next...a reason...

"All my pothead friends from the college years have either died, moved away, got married or just quit toking, so it's nice to be among cyber pothead friends"

...Gee, so hoping I can consider myself as one of the lucky ones...ya'

know...a cyber pothead friend...

...It's so easy to be cheesy...ya' know...lmao...

...I gotta give it up...da' thai for breakfast that is...it's turnin' me into a real lounge lizard...

Listen...a hello probably woulda been easier.

DC:punk:

8. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

And i seriously thought i was the only one that did this. When my clones show roots, or when a seed pops everyone in my house is forced to look at them(even know i know they don't care)!

9. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

LOL! My wife hates it when I do that! She rolls her eyes, sighs and says, "That's very nice, dear..." I make her look anyway....:laughing5:

10. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I dont think anyone out side the GK world really understand us pot heads!

11. PurePlaya420

PurePlaya420 Full Flowering

hahaha I like that reference "Kinda like being a parent." Thats what my girlfriend said to me today when she came over and saw me watering my vegging plants. She said I treat these plants as if they were my children because after watering I was still staring at how much theyve growin in the 4 days since they have sprouted its just soo amazing but im afraid I might have to kill them since I gotta move everything to the attic which still needs to be renovated to fit the growing needs of the plants...:crybaby2:

12. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Hey AlienBait, My wife is the same way... She says that's nice dear and :rolleyes2: then goes back to doing what she was doing. She is just happy we don't have to pay for it anymore. :)

13. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

:wave: Welcome to GK!! :)

peace~jersey :animbong:

14. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

Man I'm slackin'

Welcome!

15. jimmy the lizard

jimmy the lizard Genius beginner!

dude, ive been waitin for a clone to root that ive had in a bubble cloner for about two weeks now. it finally sprouted a fat spike at the bottom, and ive looked at it three times just this morning.

its gonna be really nice to see her all grown up. lol