My Second Summer Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by jmruva, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmruva

jmruva Guest

So I started my second grow a couple of weeks ago.

My first was in the Summer of '07. I planted 2 Purple Erkle, 2 Lavender and 1 strain that I forgot the name of and just started calling it Mystery:icon_scratch: , and it stuck. I got a little over 5 pounds. I sold 2 Lbs to family and friends and put some change in my pocket. The other 3Lbs I vacuum sealed in Mason jars, 2 Ozs a jar then froze it in my garage freezer. It was just what I had always dreamed of, for the last two years I have not had to rely on flaky dealers or rude and snobbish Medical MJ dispensiary's. And best of all I have saved thousands of dollars not having to buy my smoke. I vowed never to pay for my smoke ever again. Why pay a fortune for something that you can grow youself right from dirt.

Well, now its two years and three pounds later. Ive smoked all but a little over 2 oz's and its time for another summer outside grow.

On May 15th I dug six holes about 18" wide by 18" deep. Filled holes with Miracle Grow Potting Soil mixed with a little perlite and a little backyard soil and I then planted some clones. 2 Lemon Kush, 2 Blue Dream and 2 Blueberry.
    One of the blueberry didnt make it so I replaced it with a Grand Daddy Purple on May 25th and also put a GDP in a pot.

On May 29th I decided that two of the plants were not getting enough sun, 1 was a Blueberry and 1 was Blue Dream. So I bought 4 more clones. 2 Purple Erkle, 1 Skunk and 1 Afgoo and I transplanted them to pots.

Here are a couple pics from my last grow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are 3 of the original six clones planted on May 15th and the 1 GDP planted A week and a half later and the Afgoo and Purple Erkle(in other pots). I think Im Gonna put those in the ground where they are sitting.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the 2 that arent getting enough sun. You can compare them in size to the others planted the same day.I think Im gonna transplant them into pots so they can get more sun.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Other Three potted.
    [​IMG]

Comments, Critique, Suggestions?

Updates to follow

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Good luck JM. Hoping for a bountiful fall in your garden. You are so lucky to be able to grow outdoors in a nice bed like that.

cheers,

3. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

Those pics from your last grow are awesome. New stuff also looks great.

4. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Looks like a Mendocino Co. grow op. Nice haul. Can't wait to see what you do this year.

5. jmruva

jmruva Guest

Update

Thanks for the encouragement guys. This Forum was a HUGE help on my first grow. I never expected for things to turn out the way they did, and I dont think they would have if not for the education I got from lurking around these forums. I only hope that my thumb is still as green as it was a couple years ago.

UPDATE:

Yesterday I stuck 2 more in the ground and I transplanted the 2 that were not getting enough shade into pots. Im already second guessing that decision because I think the ones I put in the ground are too cramped now. The reason I did that though is, one thing I regretted from my first grow was that I didn't find space for a sixth plant because that is what California law allows me. Six mature and 12 immature plants.

So my plan is to keep the six biggest and healthiest to maturity(hopefully the plants in the ground) and try to force flower the others early(the plants in the pots)in order to stay in compliance with the law.

We had thunderstorms with heavy rain and a little hail last night but all was well this morning, no damage.

What do you think? Am I gonna have space problems?

They are 2 1/2 feet apart on bottom row and 3 1/2 feet apart on top row

[​IMG]

I stuck the two that were in the shade in pots

[​IMG]

My security system

[​IMG]

6. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

JINKIES JM!!!:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Beautiful images! And i LOVE your personal security guard- what a beauty!!!

7. ResinRubber

Space problem? Let's keep our fingers crossed that you have a space problem. I get so jealous everytime I look at this thread. We should ALL be able to grow in our backyard dammit!

cheers,

8. jmruva

jmruva Guest

Wtf?!?!

What the hell is going on? When I checked on my babys today I noticed something strange. On my two Lemon Kush plants, the tops looked kinda fat and I could barely make out with my eysight what look like pistils. So i got the camera, set it on Macro and got these pics below.

Is my Lemon Kush starting to bud? I put these in the ground May 15th.It was sunny the first couple weeks but it has been cloudy and raining the past week or so. Does my Lemon Kush think we are going into Fall because of this wacky weather? :roulette:

[​IMG]

Doesn't that look like its budding?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. cjb03

cjb03 Full Flowering

How do you get your plants so bushy?

10. SWED420

SWED420 Developed Alternating Nodes

yo i know what u mean about the budding i found about 3-5 may be doing this too.. all put out at the same time.. turns out u myaswell not put them out early as possible cus it starts to bud them for the time hasnt changed fully.. so from now on im waiting till atleast june.. i also found out those plants will lose a bunch of there weight because of this and having to turn back to veg and all..

11. jmruva

jmruva Guest

cjb -

Thats all mother nature my friend.

I didnt do any topping, trimming, or training of any kind.

12. SWED420

SWED420 Developed Alternating Nodes

do u have pics of when they where budding? or perhaps ur harvest u got out of it?

13. jmruva

jmruva Guest

I had to go digging for these pics since I havent looked at them in a couple years and I couldnt find all of them( I happened to have the pics from my first post handy). Like I took a picture of the full trimmed harvest and I couldnt find it.:icon_scratch:

Here are a couple of the drying harvest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had sticks and strings everywhere trying to keep up those heavy buds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The purple erkle had purple stems, purple leaves and even purple trichromes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This freaky looking bud was from an early budding that revegged and then bud again. I had forgotten that this happenned on this grow also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. jmruva

jmruva Guest

Im not so sure about that. As it turns out the same thing happened to me on my last grow. I had forgotten all about it and was reminded by a friend that I planted in early May two years ago and the same thing happened. (I said then that I wasnt going to plant til after June on the next grow. I forgot.) It started budding then stopped and started vegging again. Then it started budding again at the end of summer. It was some trippy lookin weed man. But the buds were HUGE.

I harvested most of the plant early because it collapsed on its own weight and split the main stem in two and out of frustration I pulled most of it out. I should have just tied it up and let it grow but I wasnt thinking straight at the time.

What was left kept growing and grew huge but trippy lookin buds.

You can kinda see it here in this pic. There is a group of three on the left and two on the right.Its the little one to the left of the plant on the far right.

[​IMG]

Here is one of the buds. It is hard to tell how big it is in this picture but that bud was as thick as my fist almost.

[​IMG]

15. jmruva

jmruva Guest

made a website

I had some free time this weekend so I made a little website to document this grow.

Check it out at:

http://ruvaworld.com/maryjane

16. ResinRubber

Beautifull grow. Thank you so much for sharing it and showing MJ outdoors where it should be.

cheers,

17. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

Pretty intense how those were grown without training or anything.

18. jmruva

jmruva Guest

No problem. Im still as proud of that grow as the day I harvested. I never imagined in my wildest dreams it would have turned out as good as it did.

By October I will know if I have a green thumb or if that grow was just beginners luck.

19. GberT

GberT Developed Alternating Nodes

sweet jeeeesus lord jesus christ amazing pray lord jesus christ ahahahaa amazing plants much resin yummmmm

20. jmruva

jmruva Guest

Update

Pictures were taken yesterday(6-22-09)

Things are going OK except that I planted to early. 4 of the six in the ground are already budding.Other than that everybody seems to be healthy and happy so far:smokin: .

You can see more pictures and details at:

http://ruvaworld.com/maryjane

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.