Need A Little Help I'm Off To A Rocky Start

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by Sad Piggy_Banks, Apr 11, 2016.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Stories about your prairie granny aside....

Seems you got it figgered out so no need for us. That's cool. I'll just sit back and watch. Hope you keep the pics coming.

What bugs the living daylights out of me though is that you assume we aren't familiar with the tools you're using or products you're talking about. Consider this, some of us do this for a living. If there's a way to squeeze an extra $20 out of a garden cycle we've tried it or are watching the guys who are so we can make more $$ to feed ourselves. I promise you, everything you've bought and built....I got the same shit sitting on a shelf...in triplicate. So do most of the guys here who are serious. We try everything we can think of, and other folks can think of, to get a better return.

You been "thinking" about cannabis for years. I/we have actually been GROWING cannabis for years/decades. Nothing you show us is something we haven't already seen or tried ourselves. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

We're here to help, learn, trade ideas, double check our ideas, and share our fuck ups. I promise you if Nippie came into the Admin backroom and started blowing misinformation at me like I didn't understand his shit or innovations in our craft? Dude...that's just straight up disrespect and I'd call him on it. I been nice up to now Biggie P, but would greatly appreciate you stop trying to blow smoke up our collective asses about how incredibly creative your ideas are or how incredible you are growing other shit. We all grow other shit. We're gardeners for crying out loud. And yes, my other shit grows pretty damn good too. But what's that got to do with you not being able to grow cannabis hydroponically even though you're a 40 year veteran of hydroponics? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

So get real so we can be real with you. I got no problem with innovation....just don't act like there's no way in hell we could ever understand the flaws in your system because we don't understand the system. Chew on that last sentence till you understand it.

btw...black lilies? No big deal. I grow them. People have been growing them for generations. Anybody with a mailing address or access to German/Netherland stock has been able to grow them since before my, or your, gran was born. Stop talking shit you know nothing about.

DXE likes this.
  3. Sad Piggy_Banks

Sad Piggy_Banks New Member

Then lets go back to the facts... Nippie... I wrote my post asking for help... got told it was to much... deleted it... asked to repost it... I did... Got told the information I got from others (NOT HERE) was wrong... I went to the facts, information I can look up and show you and others in article(s) which are written by someone who is a Dr of hydroponics... I'm sorry maybe I missed your Ph.D in your name, but I myself don't have mine yet either... I even admitted way back at the start of this "I FIXED THE PROBLEM" and yet I am told "its wrong"... But could someone please explain to me, why if this is all such wrong information why have my plants suddenly jumped over 14-16 inches in height for listening and doing what I was told? Repeated I am accused of saying things I did not say... I'm sorry but would you get upset if I stood here claiming you stated things which you never said??? But then sit here and argue with you that what you are doing and that is working is wrong and it won't work... while you sit there and look at your own plants and see it is working... but you don't know because I am ... (whatever) and then someone sits there and claims you don't have a clue because when they are not there, not seeing it, and I claim to know so much more than you about the said topic when they admit they do not and have not tried the same thing, but claim to know so much about it.

Since you know so much about all of this Nippie... could you please tell me why my straight RO Water started off 18-hours ago now at 7-8 ppm's... and now I am 380+ and like I stated previously I had the pump running mixing everything 15-minutes without a single change in anything... Turned on the water to the Growstones and it took 2-minutes literally and the ppm's jumped over 300+ ppms and now still having only added a flushing agent I am seeing the ppm's at 380 right now at this very moment... Added a flushing agent hours ago now and I've watched a slow and steady increase in the ppm's up to this point where it has now leveled off and is holding... I'm really serious if my problem isn't hiding in those Growstones could you please tell me if it is the plants or the cloth Geo Pots... and going back to you comment about you saying am claiming "Growstones break down in water" they are made from silica sand, and if you go to the Growstones website they say over time they do break down back into a silica sand returning them back to the same sand they were made from... But that couldn't cause me any problems even if that was the case because sand doesn't even get through the 200-mesh filter, and whatever is influencing those ppm's has to be small enough to pass through that filter. I know its not the probe I am using being wrong, I have two "TDS-EC Pen Meters" plus another ppm-Meter and they all show the increase in the numbers, so it isn't my meter being off either.

Thus like I've held to this entire time I believe the problem hide out inside the Growstones and if I could find any other explanation for it I would have looked there, but it isn't chemicals leeching out of plastic, because everything in my entire system is Food Grade Plastics... It can't be some other basic issue like some nutrients having hidden out in the lines, because I flushed them... its not a residue I didn't wipe out of the tanks I cleaned them with the Blue Shop Towels you throw away. I ran the system for 15-minutes on just RO Water to ensure the problem wasn't hiding in a pump like bio-film, algae, etc... I shut down the system, completely drained it, washed it, rinsed it... and made every attempt I can think of to narrow this stuff down.

And yet here we all are.. Me being told I am making statements I never once made, claimed to make, referred to or anything else... I'll provide you all the links to very informative, then you can read all of these claims by Professionals and argue with how wrong they are:

Brings up the Cal-Mag issue I was fighting with...

http://maximumyield.com/blog/2014/09/01/are-all-calcium-magnesium-supplements-alike/

Points out the "Super Air Charged System, which may need only 1/4 to 1/2 the nutes":

http://cch2o.com/nutrient-calculator/

My Phosphorous issue:

http://manicbotanix.com/hydroponic-nutrient-science/#p-overuse-med

I have more... but anyone who really is going to read all of these articles will find enough there to start asking the same questions and digging into this just like me I figure.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2016
  4. Sad Piggy_Banks

ResinRubber

Perhaps you forgot... I first came here because I openly admitted "I had an issue in building my system and getting it up and running, plants did a great take off... and then suddenly got sick and kept getting sicker and sicker yet"... I knew right away I did something wrong or I had some bigger issue or problem which was by far beyond anything I had taken the time to look at, and seriously I poured over every note, every step of every little tiny thing I did, when I did, what I thought was wrong and what steps I took to fix it... and I still couldn't figure it out... So yep I fully openly admitted "I HAVE A PROBLEM & I DO NOT KNOW WHY!"... I knew it was either in something I did, had done, a way I was trying to do something... or something else... I knew it was narrowed down to the recirculation water system and I still couldn't figure out what it was... With 12-hours of posting my question on here asking for help, I had a couple of my friends to go the "Professional Experts" they personally know and ask if they could help me, because I was seriously crying for help and I wasn't afraid to admit I was in great need of some outside help. So lets remember I never came here riding on some high horse thinking I know more than the lowest of guys... because I was looking for even that guy to throw his 2-cents in there and to examine anything he might think as well...

When I check my email I got a response from a friend of mine who personally knows a guy who is growing plants at over 8,000-feet elevation (in Colorado, where no plant life at all grows) and knows a hell of a lot about fertilizers, since he has been doing ground breaking work in this field and selling it to the United States Government to use. He pointed my friend towards some great information for me to go read, look over study, etc... as he felt that would be the greatest help to me, and I got a couple other emails similar as well on what to do, how to correct it... and give it two hours or so watch for any slight changes and get back to them when I noticed any changes good or bad... Within a couple of hours I saw my problem(s) changing alright and for the positive too might I add... I then came here to say "Thank You Everyone, for your time and help, but I had some people put me on the right track again and I no longer am asking or trying to burden anyone's high with a problem which has now I believed has been fixed & solved". Instead I got met with opposition telling me that information I had was wrong, etc... Perhaps I didn't explain myself well enough or incorrectly worded something, so I tried to back up everything I was told with the factual research, information, and things I was given, what I was told to do to correct the problem and that again "THE PROBLEM WAS NOW FIXED & THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP"... But instead what was the term someone used for me "think simple stupid"...

As I have debated what I was told, which again "FIXED MY ISSUE" I was being told I was wrong and that it would not work in that fashion... I was questioned about my system and how I was doing things, perhaps this would better help explain and help others to understand why the changes I made fixed the problem, so I stood up and instead of ignoring those trying to help and understand I seem to have found myself in a pissing contest of what will or will not work and how my information is wrong... I have included the information I was given as I could not copy and paste parts of the articles as it would show up in Preview and then not show up when I posted it... So I referenced the article(s) and the information which would help anyone wanting to look them up for themselves, written by Professionals, and people with collage degree's in Hydroponics and in some cases a guy with a Ph.D and a the director of N-P-K Researching... if it was some backwoods guy in a shed writing in a forum saying to use whatever and it'll do... fine yep I'd agree that guy doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground. But instead of anyone looking up these articles and information, I am continued to be argued with on it won't work... but again look... my plants are suddenly taking off by doing it... I'm sorry, it won't work why???

Then to add further insult unto injury I get told that I am saying crap I have never stated, eluded to, or even in some far out way claimed in any way, shape or form... I reference companies information, and not just any company but a company who has a "Patented System" and is changing the world of hydroponics for the best for all of us... but its argued they don't know what they are talking about... I even referenced information which was found on Growstones own website were they at one point talked about using Soda Lime Silica to make the Growstones and used a Calcium-something to puff up the glass in the liquid state, before being cooled, cracked, fractured and sorted to sizing... but again combine that information with basic chemistry information again from a guy with a Ph.D and who works in hydroponics I think the article said 18-years now... and he clearly states about Calcium reacting to Phosphoric Acid to make another chemical type of calcium which is only 5% water soluble, and if you look on your General Hydroponics pH Down... it clearly states it is "Phosphoric Acid". So as I have repeated stated I am not a chemistry major, not a chemistry teacher... I know basic organic chemistry and have my collage chemistry books, but that doesn't mean I know chemistry like someone with a Ph.D nor do I claim to either.

All I know and I will say it again, I had a problem I did not know the answer to, came here looking for an answer, not to debate what companies state as "Factual Information", not to debate articles written by Professional in the hydroponic industry that are growing more than I'm guessing more than anyone else here, and I am not even sitting here debating in a pissing contest what will or will not work or how it works... All I know is I was dumb enough to come back here to explain what I was told and make the very real claim that "IT WORKED & FIXED MY PROBLEM"... Seriously what more do I need to say or debate on this matter? I fixed the problem, the information I was given worked and I think I understand the why's behind it... maybe I don't... who cares... my problem is fixed... Why do people continue to feel the need to debate what won't fix it when it has been fix and my plants rocketed off again without issues? That is were we are at right now... and this is the only Forum I have had any issue in for asking for help and then going back to to simply say "Never Mind, I got it fixed now... Thank You Everyone for your time".

----------

So point blank I don't need people to debate the idea in hydroponics I playing with and argue if it will work or not work, because if I already knew that for a fact, I would not be experimenting in the ways I am with all of this stuff, and I certainly would not be hanging out in forums to see what half baked stuff some guys come up with to further inspire more questions and ideas to doing more researching on. Nor at any point have I sat here to argue that I am smarter, more well verses, or wiser than any of you... if I was, I guess I wouldn't have come asking people here for help. I never even shared what I was doing with an oxygen generator until it was called into question, then I admitted what and why I made one and the purposes I am hoping to experiment with and the possible things I am hoping to see if it will do for me. But again I had someone feel the need to get into some stupid pissing contest about what you need and don't need to grow... I never debated what you do or don't need, just stated I am experimenting with things as simple and as basic as it is to see if I can find and prove results in my system. And the only time I ever called into question how much people know was not against what I know, but those articles which I am being told are inaccurate written by people who I am guessing have more education than me and anyone else here... unless you have some guy in the back hiding with a Ph.D and doing hydroponics professional for 18-yrs.

But I will say this... other than finding one really great article here which brought me here in the first place... I would never come back here to ask for anyone's help, nor do I think I will ever return to read anything else here to be honest. I've seen a lot in my days, but WOW you guy's really take it to another level... a new guy comes asking for help on a complex matter which has him stumped and you guys line up to argue what will and won't work even after the problem was fixed for a few days now... WOW.

5. nippie

Well obviously you know more than me, Ive only done this for well over a decade.

I stick to asking your professional expert friends for advice

6. Sad Piggy_Banks

I never debated how long you've been doing this or the simple fact that whatever you are doing works for you... My Grandma drove a car since the Model-T but it didn't make her an expert on driving or even a good driver at that... but hey she did drive into her 80's and had plenty of experience behind the wheel... All I ever tried to simply say was that what my expert friends said worked... fixed my issue... and I came to Thank Everyone here for their time... but it seems that even in fixing the problem which caused my problem,people still want to debate on the simple fact it won't work... when in fact my problem is solved... Geesh... and people complain that nobody has any respect anymore and in coming to say Thank You Everyone for your time, I did not need your help after all because its fixed now... but it has to turn into some pissing contest over who knows what, how long people have been growing and all this other crap... WOW... WTF?!

7. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

face, palm, carbonic acid. solved. brevity.

8. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Piggy said something important: "I have included the information I was given as I could not copy and paste parts of the articles as it would show up in Preview and then not show up when I posted it..."

I seem to be having this issue as well. I use Apple Notes to gather my thoughts together before I start a thread and then cut and paste the final mess onto the site. At least that's how I used to do it. Now, if I try to do that, it shows up fine in the preview, but gets mangled when posted.

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Been seeing this Smokey. I'll pen a note to Webby. You might want to put a post mentioning the problem here also. https://forum.growkind.com/forum/mem...1362-new-forum

Piggy B... sigh... got to the part about

and couldn't make it further. This, this right here, is what I'm talking about. You ever been above 8000ft elevation? Lots of shit grows above 8000ft in Colorado. Here's a pic from Loveland Pass.Treeline at Loveland is around 10,500ft. When you lace in things that are obviously bullshit it brings into question the veracity of everything else. It's the exaggerations silly. Bad habit....
    Manufacturer claims and studies are notorious for misinformation. That's why they get short shrift. People who accept them at face value are overly gullible.

I'm guessing the reason "experts" are baffled by your queries is because they don't make sense. Then they hear, or see, something like the above and figger you just like talking out your ass. And you're right, gran driving a model T doesn't make you a great driver. Just like her garden exploits don't make you a good gardener. Why put all that crap out there then unless it was to imply by association that you have similar talents?

Here's why I'm not cool with things like what you've got going on. Like you said, you scan for oddball stuff and try to build on that. Ok, fine. Get on with yer bad self. But other folks do the same thing and when another newb stumbles on your rig design on GK and starts playing around, then finds it doesn't work after dumping tons of $$ and time? It's not you who gets the bad pub. It's GK. It's not you who they come to online asking how to fix it. It's us. It's our site, our rep.

Reason two..... We've watched hundreds of cats try to shortcut their way to bounty. Every single one ends up paying their dues. Either in bad crop, huge expense, or utter failure. Time spent doing one or two grows in the simplest way possible before going whole hog will save you literally thousands of $$ and countless hours of frustration.

cheers,

10. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

It will never work. There, I said it. Look, you're experimenting. What happens when people experiment with things they don't know? It fails. Your system failed because you don't know what you are doing with it.

ppms changing....well even putting in fresh water, if your plants are still in your system they will still have nutes and crap all up in their roots. That could lead to ppms changing. Grow bags, well they're bags and they to will hold solution in the fabric. ppms will change

vinegar....yes it will work but what you use today to ph your water won't work tomorrow. say it takes a half a cup today to get your ph correct and tomorrow you do another water change. With vinegar, you may have to use 1/4 cup or a full cup to get to the same ph level. With ph up or ph down, it will take the same amount to change it today as it will tomorrow. 1/2 cup today gets the same results as a 1/2 cup tomorrow.

professionals...just because someone went to school and has a phd doesn't mean he's better at stuff than a "normal" person. Just means he went to school. I bet ccrete can grow better than him. If your "professional" pals can answer all your questions, why are you here to argue with people. Just take their advice and grow on.

experimenting......Here's your problem. If you want to grow consistently, don't experiment. Do what is proven and tried and true. If you want to be a ground breaker, prepare yourself for failure. A lot. You can never achieve great results over and over if you are experimenting. That's why it's called experimenting. You don't know what your results will be and they won't be consistent. Once you do achieve the same results over and over you aren't experimenting anymore.

This place is full of people that know what they are doing and probably the best ways for you to achieve great results. Consistently, over and over again. If want to grow well and get a decent return for your efforts, stay here. If you want to keep experimenting, well still stay here and teach us how you did it. If you're experimenting and don't know what you did wrong, how the hell can we help you when it isn't "our" experiment?

"Poop"? Sure sounds like it. Poop did a lot of reading to and he probably even managed to grow a bud or two. Now to me, a bud or two doesn't work. My plants have many buds on them and I learned most of that here. Oh and by the way, I was growing in the '70's and I sure learned a hell of a lot more than I knew once I started to come here consistently.

WOW!!! This is the most I've written in a long time.

11. nippie

Damn lvs, nicely stated.

Res, sorry I tried. I could point out way more than two things, but frankly not worth it....some guy reading Internet stories knows more than me. I actually tried to hit reset button with him because frankly I don't even understand his contraption l, but his nutes were way off to begin with. I just take more offense thinking someone will come to gk and think this shit is ok, it's not. I still don't understand what his orignal prob was, thinking it was cal mag, which was fixed in 2 hours ( I'd love to know that trick, I usually wait about a week to find out if I corrected an issue ). But hey what do I know, I'm grandma driving a model t

12. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Piggy Banks,you kind of came across as not really wanting help. You told us about all your plants problems, then when these experienced Cannabis growers give advice, you tell them thanks but no thanks. The growers on this site are no bullshit advice growers. You deleted all your problem info in this thread but left the parts you felt made you look good. Well if you want to be like that then you can leave GK the same way you came in.