neem oil during flowering Q

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by Relax, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Relax

Relax Excommunicated

I'm growing Outdoors

I sprayed neem oil as directed on the bottle during flowering. I had seen a little web on one of my girls so, I had to do spray them down. After like 2 days, I seen that a lot of the pistles shribbled a bit and are still white but skinny and scraggly looking. Not like before I sprayed, they were perky and fluffy looking.
    Is this an after effect from the foliar spray of neem oil? Or is this a normal growth cycle? I'm just conserned a bit.

2. Relax

Relax Excommunicated

If this is in the wrong place, please move it to its new home.

3. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

possibly belongs in the pest section...

what concentration of Neem oil did you use?

I personally have not yet used neem, but to my knowledge it's nontoxic and the 100% concentrated formula can be used without damaging plants. but there is a good chance that information is incorrect.

a future idea (and one i'm trying as soon as I can) is to purchase a Neem... tree I wanna say? and put it in my growroom, as the plant itself is a pest deterrent.

got pictures?

4. Relax

Relax Excommunicated

Your right Stynk, that would of been the place to post it at haha..

To a quart, I used 1 1/2 tsp neem & 1/3 tsp of dish soap as a emulsifier. That's what the bottle of Dyna-Gro said... Maybe it was the dish soap?

Hmmmmm, you know that neem tree did come across my mind before I started outdoors. But I didn't know if it would of worked. I'm gonna be switching to indoor as soon as this outdoor is finished. So I think ill have to consider that neem plant for the indoor. How much space would that neem tree need?

Thanx for your input BTW SirStynk. Anyone else that might be able to elaborate on any of this, please do.

5. Relax

Relax Excommunicated

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

6. Relax

Relax Excommunicated

Maaaan Stynk, I just read your red mite post on how the neem plant smells lmfao! Oh geeez I don't want one if it smeels like that lol. My wife would kill me haha...

7. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

haha yeah it smells absolutely terrible, but it works.

I've heard a friend of a friend uses it in his indoor grow room (which is set up rediculously) and it keeps bugs out very well. and he has a nice enough ventilation system that the smell doesn't really leak out. but probably a bad idea for those of us who don't have an industrial inline fan sucking air out of a 12x12 room.

it's relatively short from what I understand... seen a picture of one a while ago. more of a bush than a tree, but is classified as a tree...

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Methinks that's too much dish soap. I use a drop or two per quart.

9. Relax

Relax Excommunicated

Hey fellas, I'v been trying to log in but it wouldn't let me for some reason. Anyway, stynk I'm gonna look more into the neem plant to get a first hand look and smell. Resin, I'm gonna try a small drop of dish soap and see how it turns out. After posting the topic, I thought about the dosage of dish soap or the amount of spray that I put on them. It has to be something. We'll figure it out somehow. Anyone else have any weird experiences with the infamous neem oil? I'm open to suggestions or thoughts on this.