New cloner

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Mrgreengenes, May 29, 2017.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I just got my new cloner. So I set it up and I'm giving it a first run. I'm running three different strains of grape stomper, 15 clones total and 4 Lemonberry and 5 BBs Cheese.
    IMG_6998.JPG IMG_6999.JPG IMG_7003.JPG

2. Mrgreengenes

After the light came on I checked on the cloner this morning and all 24 freshly cut clones are standing up and looking beautiful!
    IMG_7009.JPG IMG_7007.JPG

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  3. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Lots of pretty colors...

I'm curious about the heat mats. Isn't the pump enough to keep the water warm?

4. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Cool. that's a bubble cloner, as opposed to the models i use which are spray cloners.

Good that it is black imho.

Whats the ph of your solution?

My feeling about heat is that for each strain and for each run there is an ideal temp, where the plant is encouraged to grow roots but the funk in the res is not. I think it varies a little. Too cold and you inhibit growth (while discouraging slime). Too warm and its a petri dish.

ResinRubber likes this.
  5. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

OK. No pump= no heat. Guess I didn't look at the pic long enough.

6. Mrgreengenes

The bubble cloner came with a Ventura pump in it that I scraped. 10 liter per hour plus air pump and installed two 12 inches air stones.
    It works great so far. Temps run about 65 were the clones are. I run the heat mat underneath it it raises the temperature in the sump to 68° Hopefully will have roots in a week to 10 days.

7. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

What was the Ventura pump for?

8. Mrgreengenes

To add air bubbles to the water. Worked like crap. The 12 inch air stones work so much better. They look happy this morning.

ResinRubber likes this.