new member. College student doing a study

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dopestats, May 21, 2009.

1. dopestats

dopestats Germinated

Hi there,

I'm an undergrad Computer Scientist studying at Florida State University in Tallahassee. I'm looking for respondents to take a survey that is investigating the use of legal and illegal drugs in the United States. The aim of the study is to

1. Raise drug use awareness
    2. Introduce accuracy and perspective to the numbers we call drug use statistics by reporting up-to-date statistics including number of uses and total economic cost for both local communities and the entire United States.

The survey(s) can be found by clicking the links in my signature.

The survey itself should take no longer than 1 minute to complete and is easy to use. This study began on the 1st of January 2009 and will be on-going. It's open to anyone who has used legal/illegal drugs.

You can find more info by following the links in my signature.

Now.......

What do I have to bring to the growkind community? I'm a pro-marijuana advocate, with a lot to say. Furthermore, I've chosen not to implement any forums/communications exchange in DopeStats because I want to leave it to the actual drug community to decide how they want to talk about DopeStats... In other words, I hope this doesn't get marked as spam because this could bring a lot of relevant traffic to the growkind community (since users have no where to talk about DopeStats).

2. Tex-Elektric-Bud

Tex-Elektric-Bud Journey man sparky

hmmm.......

3. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Hey Mods

wtf is this real?

teamster6

4. Tex-Elektric-Bud

Tex-Elektric-Bud Journey man sparky

:laughing1: i dunno, but i'm weirded out

5. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Bounce this guy please Mods....:icon_confused:

6. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I don't know.

Just don't give out personal info.

7. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Hi :wave:

Sorry but no one on here grows or even smokes. ;)

We just pretend and all the posts or pics on site are just a joke. I do apologize your thought this was a real grow site but there is no one here that can help you with your survey.

Pssstt most of the members are just insane so we play pretend growers :)

8. dopestats

dopestats Germinated

its just a software app I've been working on for a while now. I've been visiting many forums about drugs and I noticed they always have people posting drug prices in their areas (whilst keeping a neutral point of view and staying anonymous). So I thought this would be a good way to get a accurate drug census.

Nobody knows about it yet because it just started in Feb. this year.... you cannot give any personal information, nor is any personal info recorded. Read the privacy policy.

What do you think?

9. dopestats

dopestats Germinated

Lol. I know....

Look the whole point is easy, people want accurate drug use stats, then how do you expect to get them? An outdated survey? Hell no... If you want to be accurate, why not just see the results of the survey as soon as they're submitted. I tried to make it as beneficial as possible for both sides of the argument. Parents & law enforcement, as well as hippies and daily smokers. All it's doing is giving people an up-to-date picture of drug use in their area, nothing more. The data gets compiled by anonymous users. Could be a person, could be software, who knows, it's anonymous. No one is going to track anybody down, trust me, I'm a CS major with a lot of common sense.

The site is just like wiki: not a trustable source for information. But we'll see..

10. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Sorry sweetie but your a name on the screen .....no one KNOWS who is on the other end of that computer and you state "trust me"...or no one will know?? Called IP address hun. ;)

Also why would a hippie want to know these stats?:icon_scratch:

As you stated "Parents & law enforcement, as well as hippies and daily smokers. All it's doing is giving people an up-to-date picture of drug use in their area, nothing more. " Also mentioned the point that the other stats are outdated and would we want to see more accurate stats?? WHY? lol:rofl:

You may be a student, maybe even being honest on your survey but think you need to try somewhere else for I can assure you NO one will do this survey as you stated it best.....

"I noticed they always have people posting drug prices in their areas (whilst keeping a neutral point of view and staying anonymous). So I thought this would be a good way to get a accurate drug census. "

You answered your own question. :)

Only people interested in this so called data would be people who do not smoke. ;)

Peace~mermaid

11. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

"This study began on the 1st of January 2009 and will be on-going. It's open to anyone who has used legal/illegal drugs."

Which is it??? Did this start in Jan or Feb? Like Mermaid said, I don't think you're on the right site for this type of participation. This is all a ficticious site anyway, as previously mentioned.

Something smells funny...:snorting: :snorting: :snorting: ...and it isn't skuzzi's finger.

12. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

You cant come to and MJ forum and not expect ppl to be paranoid! lol :passit:

13. weed sprite

weed sprite Begun Flowering

To all Mods,

Since everyone is being nice about this then I will too, I swear I will:thumbsup: .

Hey Dopestats,

Just a friendly piece of advise, respect and trust are earned not given. I do not believe ya earned either.

14. dopestats

dopestats Germinated

How about a travelling hippie? They might be interested, maybe..

Let me explain the whole IP address thing. I have 2 years of CCNA networking qualifications and 4 years of studying in the computer science field.

When someone or thing visits a website, the IP address of the originating computer is recorded on the server. So for example, every time you visit a page on a website, that website logs the page visited along with the ip address of the client who visited.

Now even though the client's IP gets logged, it doesn't say that the client is an actual human being who is visiting the website and submitting statistics. For all you know, this could just be some other software talking to the server or accessing the server's pages. What singles someone out and gets you in trouble is your personal information in the wrong place. That's WHY you see people posting the drug prices I mentioned on other forums...

I hope it makes sense

15. dopestats

dopestats Germinated

thanks guys. Lol, you have no idea how hard it is to market this when everyone feels that way just because of the nature of the site. I have a sign on my car that saids:

"Average prices & use rates - DopeStats"

and ALL my friends have asked me if I got pulled over yet.

16. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Thanks for the survey link. Those that are interested in participating will certainly do so.

This says it all.

Unlsee your planning on hanging around for awhile, getting to know everybody, and genuinely contributing to this site, I think you've gotten as much help as your gonna get my friend.

[​IMG]

17. WillGrow4Food

WillGrow4Food Toker Extraordinaire

I don't do drugs.

:potleaf:

I tried to set some plant I found on fire, unfortunately the smoke is noxious and makes me all light headed and warped.

:icon_confused:

18. dopestats

dopestats Germinated

thanks. I also want to say thank you for being open to this type of discussion. Like i said I've been visiting many drug forums and a lot of them have not been as friendly as GrowKind to newcomers like me....

I do plan on sticking around. I might be new here, but I've got several good 'theories' and a lot of knowledge I've picked up over the years about growing marijuana. :fly:

19. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

The stats you're looking for are everywhere. Study after exhaustive study of pricing, use, frequency has been done ad nauseum. Other than that I don't have anything good to say. So I'll shut my pie hole.

20. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

:rofl: :rofl: not likely :rofl: :rofl: