new nutrient line for greenhouse.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by greenjah, Dec 8, 2015.

1. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Well i have been hearing to much about these mag issues with GH, i need to get a new nutrient line going to use on the current winter-spring crop so i know how to use them on the big crop next summer.

Advanced is to expencive i need 1000 gal every other day for all summer and the 2 months of flowering.

Canna has been suggested

Anyone have any suggestions?

The plants will be in 300 gal smart pots and shounld get 10 to 15 ft tall so i need a good prooven mix.

What do you promix guys use? Im really worrying about this, i cant afford for a whole crop to go to shit, i only get 2 a year so there isnt much room for experimenting.

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

well since soil, you may be able to amend promix to raise mag with a slow release like dolomite lime or something like that.

But i'm trying to find the fix to my issues, i will keep you and everyone else updated as i do. I'm going to try tap water with epsom and hope that fixes my issue or at least lessens it. Also, I may start testing 2 mls of cal mag with 1/10 tsp of epsom with RO water since that could be universally applied no mater where you live

I'm thinking of calling GH and finding out if anything such as plant location has changed, I looked at old and new bottles and didn't notice any difference.

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Greenjah, since you're already in Promix why not make the leap and go organic? Pick up a used portable cement mixer and start your own soil mix.

4. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

what Res said. I was wondering myself why you are bottle feeding them. If I had your setup I'd mix up a good organic soil and supplement with fish emulsion and teas. I've never grown on the scale you do but I did that with 32 plants outside this year and am very happy with how things turned out.

5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

When I added the cal mag with the gh it fixed my problem but I was ready to try something new like canna. Of course I only do a couple plants at a time, so price isnt a major issue. I did think its strange other people had the same issues with GH, I was thinking it was just strain issue but never had the problem before on 5-8 other strains. So it seems something could be up with GH.

6. greenjah

So far i have no issues on the winter run, they are in 45 gal pots and about 2 ft tall right now. Verry healthy looking. Mabe i should just keep on it for this round and see if i have issues. I will be veging them till feb 7th so im sure it will show me if something is wrong. I do use 5 ml per gal calmag.

I dont do organic because i would have to mix up 15000 gal of it.

Although i think the main reason is that i am afraid to screw up. Like i said with plants the size i have if i screw up they do not recover very well and i loose a lot.

I also would need a cement truck To mix the amount i need. Lol.

7. ResinRubber

Like Blazer, I don't grow on the same scale so it's kinda hard to imagine the work load. :bong2:

Buuuutttt....I would think that an organic emulsion program would be cheaper and easier than canna specific products. Way more margin for error too. You got a few months, why not spend $75 on a gallon of Dramm "K" or Neptune's Harvest fish/kelp emulsion and a bag of guano for a nitrogen tea for an indoor test on a couple of plants? No need for mixing soil if you start feeding right away.

8. greenjah

Is that basically using the organics to make a tea and just watering the pure promix with that for food?

9. ResinRubber

That's the idea. Figure a $30 gallon of fish emulsion should make 250 gallons of fertilizer and a $50 5 gallon bucket of guano should make around 250 gallons of tea. Add in molasses or bone meal and epsom to your tea to account for cal/mag and you're set