No Grows?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by Broman, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Broman

Broman Connoisseur smoker

Damn, no one growing outside this year? Let me hear/see whatcha got going on or planned for this year guys.

2. FL!P

FL!P Germinated

I have plans to start germing and start my outdoor grow in the next two to three weeks.

I am going to germ 3 feminized Arjan's Haze #2, and 3 Lowryder #2. I will probably go through 2 or 3 full grows of the LR this season if all goes as planned.

3. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

What about you Broman, you planting? any special plans? Are you the one in those Youtube videos? part 1-11. if so are you coming out woth a 12th

4. Alex

Alex Germinated

Me and some realy close friends are dropping clones up north in Muskoka. Random strain, probably 50-75. Still waiting on our man, but its still early... We hope to plant 12 inchers in the second week of May. Ifind the best thing about that area is theres fresh water everywhere!

5. royalfronts

royalfronts New Sprout

dont know what strain they are but i randomly planted about six seeds in remote spots around my land and i got little sprouts my plan is to let them grow wildly and hope for the best... just had a big storm the other night and they are still kicking... roundhouse kicking im hoping to get some decent buds out of them...

6. Broman

I wouldnt say special plans.. but I have twelve bag seed plant of no particular strain, just good bagseed. germed on 7/7 indoors and rotated out side everyday. They have 2 - 3 weeks before they go out. So I am up a 5 am and going to scout the plot once again. Maybe dig a few holes 2x2, 2 hole per location, six locations altogether in a 100 foot radious. I am buying a digital cam on next saturday. So I will keep you guys posted.

Bro

7. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Half of the U.S.A is still frozen. Once it warms up people will start.

8. strawberry.cough

strawberry.cough looking into the abyss

I am living dangerously this year. I am up in maine down east, and I have 5 plants out, and they are doing ok. They are the ones that had the powdery mildew and I put them right out the door in hopes to save the few ones I have. It looks like the mildew is on the run, and I have taken a clone off the ones outside to see if I can bring clones back in to the cleaned up closet.

It is a bitch to lose the whole closet crop, but....it has been an educational experience. I hope I have learned the lesson I needed to learnso it doesn't happen again.

Anyway, I usualy don't get them into the ground until the first of june, yup we are not in the clear for frost until after memorial day. So since it is getting up into the 60's day, and upper 30's at night they seem to be surviving.

If I can pull this off it will be the earliest I have ever been able to plant outdoors.

9. blah blah boy

you got them outside now?:confused:

or do you rotate them in at night?

Its still cold where I live also. 30s at night 60-70 days I'm thinking this weekend to build me an outdoor grow box with plastic on the top/ plywood sides. What do you think living up there in Maine, do you think that will stop any frost? This is my first grow.

What about security? for you, lot them there choppers up thare in Maine woods. better plant in clumps around them pine trees.

10. dooobster

dooobster A Fat Sticky Bud

Is it LOW 30's or high 30's?

If it's high 30's and it's getting up to 60's/70's, I think your plants will be ok outside 24/7 without having to bring them inside at night.

I think that will definitely protect against frost. Actually, if you just build a frame out of 2X2's and wrap it with plastic on all 4 sides and the top, that will let the sun in all around AND protect from frost. It's called a cold frame. :)

11. strawberry.cough

strawberry.cough looking into the abyss

Ah sounds like I have a kindred spirit. Yes they are out 24/7 I risked it because I am right on the coast. I am in a "pocket" because I am surrounded by water, so I am up in the high 30's at night, while just up the road a quarter mile they have frost on the grass. I am hoping that by putting them out it will do in the mildew, and as far as I can tell it has done the job.

What you describe is your good old fashioned cold frame and yeah boy, for sure they are great to extend the growing season. It is really helpful for hardening them off too. That is what I did with those that are out. I started puttig them out and bringing them in a bucket and then, when I was feeling brave, about the 20th, went with the full moon, I planted them in their permenant outside place.

Yeah there are an load of 'copters in the sky here where I live, but...it is coast guard, sightseers, and medical. Everynow and then they do go over at night, and they could very well be searching for the light leaks, but I use the cfls and don't worry about it. I have such a small operation they wouldn't give a rats butt about me, and I don't sell, give away, or in any way shape or form share my crop with anyone from the outside world. THEY, the big they, have to come in just one way, and the road sucks big time. remember I said I am surrounded by water. In the winter, nobody but me gets in and out, and sometimes even I don't make it.

I am truly blessed. this land has been in my family for generations, and I could not imagine living any place else. I have gone many places in my life, but I have always come back here, so I just decided to stay put. I have literally lived here more then not since I was born. I think it is a vortex. There is something very powerful and comforting about this spot. Oh well, what can I say I love my land.

12. blah blah boy

YA, dooob I was thinking of a cold frame but I was going to use plywood sides, but I like your idea better, with plastic on the sides as well.

I was just thinking security on the sides people can see what type of seedlings you are growing, but on the other hand I could put a thicker ply so you can't see through as good.

This will solve my problem with the odor inside and they will receive better light and ventilation as well.

good tip thanks dooob:) weekend job here I come (i'll post pic after)

13. "The Master"

"The Master" Time Lord

I've ALWAYS heard, that nothings better than the sun. I will also say, I've never done outside.

If you do it on someone else's land? your putting other peoples property at risk for your pleasures, and morally I can't do that to some poor old cooter dude. :5headache:

If you do it on public land? your risking getting shot by the man, OR, getting shot by some Hombre' stealing it from YOU!! :icon_confused:

If , I lived in the middle of NOWHERE, I'd give it a go. IF, you decide to go at it outside? and you live in an urban style area like me? watch your ass, for the reasons given. Good luck :)

14. blah blah boy

Point taken......Master

15. "The Master"

"The Master" Time Lord

Just for God's sake, be carefull. You watch the news. They catch some goof with a few sprouts? and they act like they busted Al C'apone :icon_confused:

Just be carefull buddy :)

16. blah blah boy

ya but half the people here are saying to relax, there not after the small time grower like you, or they don't have the man power to bust small ops.

Who to believe??????

I think I'm going with myself. :confused:

17. Broman

My view is cops will take down whoever they can, big or small, so be careful and dont get caught if your in the usa. Word TM.

18. greenmansgecko

greenmansgecko Captain cannabis

Great advice!

I know a guy who is going to put out two hollands hope and a hand full of ak47 clones. He says they are all in veg now just waiting for it to stop the killing frost!

Anyone ever done hollands hope outdoors? any tips? he would appreciate the help.

19. Broman

Thanks bud for the backup on that.

20. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Cops are like big sharks just slowly cruising around looking for a meal, and we are the little fish. Sure they'd rather get a big fish, but if you get lazy or are not paying attention and get within striking distance...SNAP!! your dinner!!

Hope all you outdoor guys have a great season and be careful out there.:growin: