No Grows?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by Broman, Apr 20, 2008.

1. fromthemorning

fromthemorning A Fat Sticky Bud

Have been starting seeds non-stop here. I'm not serious about growing, though. Lots of ticks out here on the east coast. My friend has Lyme Disease and it really f-d her up. I don't want to bring them into the kittie here. Plus, my sister has kittens and I don't want to hang there and have ticks crawling on those cute little things. Every summer I try and it's just hard getting out in the woods. It's actually a lot of work even for me, someone that does it the minimal way. I can't get a big shovel out there (I'm doing it all by bike), not to mention big pots/buckets. Found one good spot -- I have two babies in pot there. Just had to get them off of property. Then I have some in another location that i have used before. They are in seed starting things that I reused. They will dry out quick and I barely could dig in the soil there. It was done real fast and without much thinking. Again, I had to get them off of property here. What happened last year when I did that is the soil is so tight that it flooded the plants (inside the pot) out of the soil and messed them all up. I should have just left them in the pots and come back to them.

I am really just thinking about being Johnny Potseed here, planting them in random, obscure locations in public/semi-public and seeing how that works out. I wouldn't really be attending to them... if anything, it would be nice to see a news headline that says "4 foot marijuana plant found growing in public garden". It's a shame, though. We have nice tropical summers here up until September. If you have good pots and soil situation you don't have to worry about the plants drying out too much. Not like Mediterranean climate of California where I may end up soon. Then the plants will be all on their own here. :(

2. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

bump

I'm vacationing in the States this summer and I just had to spread some Swiss genetics around.

I brought two E-Rocket seeds with

E-Rocket 1

[​IMG]

E- Rocket 2...some stretch here

[​IMG]

I also have 6 Great White Shark (bagseed), one or two are getting scrapped

GWS [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm leaving in a couple of weeks, so there won't be many more updates....just leaving them over to the wild and a buddy of mine :qbluewacko:

3. link420

last, quick update

today was probably the last time I'll get to visit the site before I fly back across the pond

The two E-Rockets have really streched a lot trying to get more sun, they're about 1.5 foot now. I wanted some more pics but the batteries died...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Great White Shark have not grown much at all since the transplant into the ground, they are totally stunted and needed some N

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the total runt of the bunch, and its not helping that some critter is making a meal of it

[​IMG]

4. link420

vacation extended

I decided to stay in the area two more weeks...lets hope they show their preflowers soon :)

I up-potted the E-Rockets into their final home and supercropped three of the GWS just for shits and giggles. All the plants needed some N so I gave a good feeding. Here are some pics before the transplant and bondage:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

who hacked a fucking loogy on my shit! lol...any ideas what this might be?

[​IMG]

Great White Shark (bagseed) are still going slow and needed some N again

[​IMG][​IMG]

Mermaid likes this.
  5. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

insects

a certain form of insect makes that bubble shit...sure you already figured that out, though.

6. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Looking good link!!! :bigok:

I am growing with my dad as we do every year. Should be harvesting this Sept and luckily this grow is going well. Been a good year in my area so far as I have had my share of weather issues or pesky critters in the past. Only lost a few this year but the other 16 are looking SWEET and all females. We should have a good harvest this year>>>crossing fingers and toes. Just never know when you grow outdoors. Mother Nature has been on my side....lots of sun and the weather has been hotter then hell but at least no major t-storms with high winds as we had in the past. One year I had mine wiped out by a NorEastern that flooded my area for almost 2 weeks of non stop rain. Ughh been checking the weather channel as do not want anymore hurricanes either. Being I live close to the shore we get slammed sometimes tho N.E. storms have hit us harder then any hurricane.

Anywhos.....hope everyone has a healthy happy grow this season.

Need to post pics....we have a nice variety going. CC of course but also some skunk and blueberry>>>sooo excited about that as everyone raved how good it was.

Happy growing ....peace~mermaid

7. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I have the same foam like stuff on my plants also. I think they are eggs of a dragonfly.

good looking plants. :)

8. cjb03

cjb03 Full Flowering

9. link420

quick update

thanks for the feedback dudes :) Mermaid, sounds like you'll busy come harvest time...awesome genetics too, I'd be interested to see some pics of the blueberry outdoors :suave:

The two E-Rockets are going strong and starting to show preflowers....

[​IMG][​IMG]

....and of course like always, the tall lanky one is a male :angry:

[​IMG]

The GWS in the pot is doing good, so I pinched her one more time :) The four remaining GWS in the ground are still being slow and obviously have a nitrogen lockout.....I'd guess the native soil is too acidic or something?Anyways, since I won't be reaping the benefits of this grow :qbluewacko: I don't care and don't care to fix it

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. link420

quick update

Last week I went out there and got the shit scared out of me, I was in the middle of taking pics when I heard voices....I freaked and took my escape route up and over the cliffs. I think they were just walking down the trail but still, scared the shit out of me.

she's looking good and flowering nicely...needed a feeding though

[​IMG][​IMG]

Escape route over the cliffs

[​IMG]

Wow, this GWS bastard went from healthy to fucked up in two weeks. I guess that's what happens when its rootbound, dryed out, and starved of nutrients. I repotted and fed...but I don't care, because I'm pretty sure its a male :5headache: Pic 1: rootbound and starving Pic 2: weak little GWS

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. Keggin

Keggin New Sprout

Hate to tell ya.

I hate to tell you but the foamy crapp on your plants along with any shiny slime looking stuff is Slugs and snails. I found out the hard way and they ate everything in a week. get slug repelent. Comes in pellets. They eat it and die right there:evil4: .

12. blah blah boy

I know what a slug looks like and it ain't a slug. Unless you say that the bubble gunk is the eggs of a slug or something????

13. link420

thanks for the heads up

When I first saw the foam I thought slugs too, but that can't be because there are no slugs up here (mountains roughly 4500 feet). Its something else, but it doesn't seem to be doing any harm :)

14. link420

15. blah blah boy

Yup....No harm itall.:smokin:

Looks good. Say is that in week one of flowering?

16. Zeppelin

Zeppelin In The Hills And Far Away

Started out something to do while my new cabnit was being built.I put 6 plants out and all but 1 was Male.I kept 1 male because I fimmed it and I want to see how the four Colas end up.The Female has been dug up twice but now is looking good.They are both bag seed and started flowering AUG 10th.I hope to get some good Bud from the GIRL!!!!

outside 002.jpg

outside 003.jpg

outside 004.jpg

outside 005.jpg

outside 001.jpg

/monthly_2008_09/57a6c9c52090b_outside002.jpg.a9f28f901bdd9968a7ed1dbbe0b3fff4.jpg

/monthly_2008_09/57a6c9c526ea3_outside003.jpg.66f06a206b204d741b39b7259dda4d7d.jpg

/monthly_2008_09/57a6c9c52d926_outside004.jpg.223d27056ef815d0d7c4b52708e96930.jpg

/monthly_2008_09/57a6c9c53568c_outside005.jpg.52ed993592047cec31983cc5061cf659.jpg

/monthly_2008_09/57a6c9c53c101_outside001.jpg.62375b7b4b03d1e666c035d9ff81f111.jpg

17. WiZaRD

WiZaRD Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I started one white russian on at the end of may in a 3.5gal hempy, it's finishing up now. I had to move her inside during the hurricane, but she's back outside and finishing up....

Search my threads if you want...

Or PM me for any pictures, I have pics from June till now.

18. link420

post that schiznit man, the outdoor section never has enough going on and I'm sure we're all interested to see the WR perform outdoors :icon_bounce:

19. blah blah boy

I second that:smokin:

20. strawberry.cough

strawberry.cough looking into the abyss

The remains of TS Hanna blew into new england this week, and it dumped 5 inches on me. I was at least half way bright and took the girls into the shed before it even started to blow here.So I am curious. I read on here the 7' tall plants, and I have to tell you all, where I live, I have never had a 7' tall plant, or even close to it. I just think the growing season is way to short on the coast, maybe inland you can get them like that, but not here. In fact, this summer, I think everything was stunted from the mildew problem. It is all good really, just curious if all of you get such tall plants when you grow outside or if I am just doing something to keep them from maturing to their fullest abilities....so to speak.

bud.JPG

girls 08 8 1.JPG

girls 08 8.JPG

/monthly_2008_09/bud.JPG.bb278b63f72e8486df50eb7cda947d6f.JPG

/monthly_2008_09/57a6c9c5723ee_girls0881.JPG.4c78ce58366da563f21f6bfd61f95e5a.JPG

/monthly_2008_09/57a6c9c578700_girls088.JPG.47e7f9263ae43126728507fda0d5a5bf.JPG