no liquids?!?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by sayuhmwhat4787, Aug 11, 2006.

1. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Yeah, I guess it's one thing to have to toss out that duty free bottle of perfume ya just bought at the airport, or your lip gloss or mascara, bottle of drinking water & whatnot...I mean those are technically luxury items.....but to have to chuck your overly priced perscription??....and not even be offered a voucher for cost replacement?????? Sucks!

I saw NOT ONE person or news item talking about reimbursement!

I did however see that my local airport was 'generous enough' to offer the local homeless shelter the first shot at sifting thru the tossed out items......before they SOLD THE REST of the stuff...just like they do to all of the lost luggage they supposedly lose each month!!

Yeah...the homeless shelter got to pick out all the deoderants, sun screens and toothpaste tubes...the rest of the stuff they are selling! :eek: SELLING!!!!

So glad that the airlines do not have to chalk this latest event up as a complete loss of income!!

2. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Tossing out a persons prescription medications is just WRONG!!!

I just saw on the news that "small" amounts of liquids like insulin are being allowed, but no aerosols. So... I guess it wouldn't be good for an asthmatic with an inhaler... Eh?

I hope the TSA gets their asses sued off for dicking with someone's meds!

3. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

LMAO Geo @ the airlines chalking this up to a loss of income! :p

Yanno this is the shit that irritates the hell outta me! The morning my mum left....they had NOT seen the news as they left for the airport so early. You would think at the "baggage check in point"... they would have just simply alerted passenger's to put things they did not want "tossed" and gave them the option to put it into their luggage. Noooo they rather make a profit off people as usual by selling their shit they confiscate. Greed is a evil thing and yah I hear ya on the whole conspiracy theory. ;)

Snick.....amen on them getting their asses' sued!! WTF....no med's even for a asthmatic?? Now how wrong is that? People DIE when they can't breathe!! Makes ya wonder just who the bad guy is eh? Yet they claim to be doing all this for the safety of our citizen's but hmmmmm sure doesn't sound safe when they put lives at risk over tossing med's that are prescribed to keep a person alive and well. You would think they would use their noodle and have the passenger bring a medical note frm their doctor along with the medication & why they need to take it and carry it on board. :confused:

.....Oh wait....that would make too much sense! ;)

Peace~Jersey