not producing buds??? *pics

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by bigmatt, Jun 18, 2007.

1. bigmatt

bigmatt Germinated

Hello all.

I have 2 female plants that have been currently on a 12/12 light cycle for 2 1/2 weeks now.

One has clearly shown sex with pistils getting bigger.

My taller one however has shown it's sex but the white pistils coming out are extremely small.

They are both in 2 gallon pots.

Here are some pics of both of them. the short bushy one is the one that has clearly shown sex but has not started to bud even though it's been on 12/12 for over 2 weeks.

I am using 7 - 30W 2700K CFLs between both of them.

I am also using two nutrients. A 15-30-15 that you mix in with the soil. Just added more last week.

And Miracle grow all purpose for every watering at 1/4 strength. omfg.JPG

DSC03018.JPG

DSC03019.JPG

DSC03022.JPG

DSC03021.JPG

2. bigmatt

bigmatt Germinated

Thanks for any help guys!

DSC03024.JPG

/monthly_2007_06/DSC03024.JPG.75b4bfee8a3d7195537769a6a87ec26c.JPG

3. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

yea that ones a girl I use M. G . Bloom booster for flowering .It shouldn't take that long to start buding .I got a post in the gallery been flowering 3weeks but I use a 400w hps light. Good luck Bud

4. bigmatt

bigmatt Germinated

Just a little update... still nothing on the budding. The plants look the same in the pic, but the big one is now an additional 3" taller since I first posted.

The second one is about 1/2" taller and still not budding.

I know they are both female but what is taking them so long. At the rate they are going I won't get anything till next year.

:icon_confused:

Any input???

5. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Ya maybe jumping the gun a little. They first lay down the foundation for the buds by stretching ( 6 inches to 2 feet or more) and then they grow the flowers(buds) Thats why they are growing like crazy. Give them some time. It takes 6 to 8 weeks to finish sometimes longer depending on the strain.

6. bigmatt

bigmatt Germinated

Ok well here is the thing. The tall plantjust keeps growing up..... It has female pods without question, but the hairs coming out of it are so so so so small. I can't even describe on a ruler how small. The pistils are maybe 1/4 of a centimeter.

the other bushy plant on the other hand has nice big full pistils, but isn't growing very tall or fast at all, like I said between when I first posted and now growth has been about 1".....

Are my plants just retarded?

7. krondikebar

krondikebar In A Cloud Of Kush Smoke

that doesnt really matter man.

small pistils are pistils. they will get bigger, just like the plant will grow buds. sometimes it takes 2.5 weeks to even show signs of sex. you are just getting impatient.

you give it another 1-2 weeks and the tall one will hit its final heigth and not grow any taller.

after about 2 more weeks small ass buds will start forming.

2 weeks after that, they will begin plumping a little.

the last 2-3 weeks the buds will grow huge.

8. bigmatt

bigmatt Germinated

Ok well that would make a bit more sense.

Also how long does it take before males can pollenate a female?

I had 2 males with the 2 females for a little while. About 1 week after they showed what they were... just wanted to be positive they were. How long does it usually take before a male will start to pollenate a female?

9. choker

choker HIDING OUT

It all depends. You would have seen a yellowish powder coming from the male flower. You should be fine.

10. krondikebar

well it takes a little longer than 2 weeks, thats all i know

11. bigmatt

bigmatt Germinated

ok another little update. If anyone can chime in and help me out on this one.

If you go up to my very first post, the picture all the way to the right which is the short bushy one.

The leaves are a very dark green... is this good or bad? They are very very dark. Is this just a strain characteristic? It's a bag seed.

Also, the leaves are starting to do something wierd.. They are starting to fold over. Sort of like this: [​IMG]

If anyone has any input please chime in!

12. krondikebar

the darker the green the better.

13. bigmatt

bigmatt Germinated

really? Does this mean it will hopefully be a good plant with good buds or no? does it mean nothing?

14. krondikebar

15. krondikebar

well. You should start by listing off EVERY last detail of your set up.

What kind of soil are you using. did you add anything else to it?

all in all the plants look good. You just need to let em grow. Are you sure they are in TOTAL darkness when the lights are off?

let me try and find some pics of some of my plants 2-3 weeks into flower.

(keep in mind I am a hydro grower, so my plants probably grow faster.)

[​IMG]

I am PRETTY sure that this pic is about a month into flower.

16. krondikebar

OH, and you should prolly change your nutes to bloom nutes if you havent already.

Yea, you need to get a bloom nute. Something like this: 7-23-30.

when in flower the plant needs more phosphorus and potassium and less nitrogen.

Is this your first time growing? What kind of space are you working with?

17. bigmatt

bigmatt Germinated

Krondike, your PM box is full, delete some so I can PM you. :punk:

18. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

you'll be cool..a week aint nuthin...

One week?Yeah you'll be fine...you would have noticed the clusters of pods opening up upside down releasing their pollen....trust me you WOULD have noticed it.Most ppl flower for a week or even two and still dont get their femmes raped from the males so i think you'll be cool in that respect.Once that pollen is airborne though it dont take long AT ALL to pollenate or RAPE your femmes.Peace:potleaf:

19. brand

brand Begun Flowering

Bottom Line you ain't gonna ever get decent buds with CFL's. CFL's aren't worth a fuck..Quit wasting your time and get an hps!!!! It is a necessity to grow weed.

Period.:sign13:

20. krondikebar

Dude you can grow good trees with CFL's. What you just said was a pretty Bold statement. And incorrect to my knowledge.

I have seen a handful of growers get nice ass nugs from CFL's.

If you meant that CFL's arent nearly as good as an HPS, then I guess you're right....

Not everyone can afford an HPS light right off the bat. Maybe if they had a good harvest with CFL's they could buy an HPS with the money they make.