Offical "Outdoor Grow Off 2011" Thread....

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by Boa, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Ok so whos gettin down this year in the outdoors. We had alot of bad luck n some hard feelings, but 2011 is gonna be different. I hope everyone has great success so we dnt have to fork out the dough to medicate.

Im not 100% on my spot this year, the strain, nor how many yet. But ill probly be startin them up Mid april so that way i can have some nice 2 month old girls to throw outside. This should make for some monsters, hopefully more round than tall lol. Well whats on your guys minds? I heard Chris say he just got 2.5 acres wit the bubb n dab goin out there....

2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I'll have a few girls outside again this year in the same spot as last year. They'll have to stay small again, so I'm sure I won't win any monster plant contests. I'll be planting from seed this year instead of clones and I'll be growing out all the freebies that The Attitude sent me with my Mr Nice seeds. Mostly from Kannabia Seeds and a couple Auto Flowers from Sweet Seeds.

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

gonna embarrass myself a third year. If my partner/landowner won't go with fences this year I'm calling the whole thing off tho. I've had enough turkeys, groundhogs and deer to last a lifetime.

4. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

SHWEEEEET bro, n hell i think as long as u get somethin ur not a loser....

5. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

N RR if u get them started n growin strong they should be alittle more bitter so the animals "should" leave them alone but dont quote me on that lol...

6. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

**copy and paste from previous thread**

I've got two areas picked out for potential garden sites. I've had one of them in my eye for a couple of years, the only problem is the road to get there is rough and it's less than a mile from occupied homes. Depending on the weather, I'm going out either the next couple of days or next week to do further scouting and maybe take a few pics. The one I really want is BEAUTIFUL, almost jungle like. The stream flowing thru provides clean flowing water almost year-round. Oh another minor problem is this one doesn't feature the greatest sunlight, but this can be fixed. BUT even if I clear some space, it's still nearly impossible to spot a guerilla garden from the air.

After I choose my final spot and clear unwanted foliage, I'll go out in about mid-february to prep the soil with worm castings.**

It was too chilly and wet to go out today, but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny. I'm going to be looking for the sunniest spots to cut down on required pruning, and I'm going to be planning a route for water transport.

Hank: saw your reply. The reason why I, personally, choose isolated areas is to cut down on accidental discovery. This spot should be quite rich in snakes, also, and I KNOW it's loaded with mosquitos. Last time I went there they nearly bled me dry. A hefty topical dose of DEET is neccesary. Most people don't stay around long in mosquito infested areas, and considering the brush you'd have to navigate to get to where they'll be, whoever managed to find them would be tired, wet, covered in mosquitoes, and have to be on constant lookout for snakes. The dense foliage provides concealment from the ground AND air, and the land in general is a PITA to go through.

I'de liek soemthing more convenient to me, but if it's very difficult for ME to get to, and I don't mind traisping through Hell to set up and tend my plants, but if it's hard for me to get to, it'll be even harder for anyone else to find it.

whew, I hope that wasn't too long.

7. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

I know what you mean. I'd at least get some chicken wire, spray paint both sides a dull brown color to cut shine. Maybe even put out some cougar piss and rotten eggs.

8. ResinRubber

Did that the past two years. Each time he agreed then pulled them because he thought they were to obvious. After 90% losses of plants last year he may finally be ready to face reality.

9. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Hell yeah bro other wise find a new lil spot n do ur damn thing. Partners end up leading to fights half the time ne ways...

Ok so i found this lil spot last year n didnt use it, should have, and now im thinkin this might be the spot. Ill start planting starting sat. may 28th and should have my last three out there by the following weekend as long as everything goes right. Sucks its only mid January but hey thats only 137 days away right... lol fuck! Well I got alot of plannin and scoutin to do.

Only bad thing about this spot is that its kinda small and ppl might walk around in there. But it seems they stick to the trails really well, and there is ALOT of thisle bushes every where. Hey i heard the moto before that if its hard for u to get to ur spot n u dnt like goin through that then u have a pretty safe spot.

Ill be spreadin them out maybe put 2 in each spot about 100 yards apart. I think ima get some feminized seeds and start them indoors like i said before, this way ill have a good female turn out and they should be about 2 months old when i pop them out. MAn im all siked for this shit already!:affro:

10. kama3

kama3 Established Healthy Roots

good idea to pre grow inside, this + good compost soil with high humus require to make monster bushes. fck i'm north europe 58N and last year i ran few early flowerers that still couldn't reach mature. i guess this summer i try straight autoflowers and whatever i can get. in my plot, near the river i pulled transparent fishing line and as the deer or similar vegetable eater mamal feels it, then it turns around and runs away.

11. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Super Ez Fence

Res, this is the simplest answer to the need for a fence in the outdoors and you will NEVER EVER see it from the AIR or GROUND unless your very very close to it......cuz its the color of rust, blends in perfectly

Concrete mesh, the rolls they sell at home depot, get em in 25ft or 50ft lengths and are 5ft tall........theyre already rolled up, EZ to throw on your shoulder

Right next to the rolls of mesh are pre cut REBAR sections, 4,5,6 ft long.......get a handheld sledgehammer or 3,4 lber.....make your area you need with the rebar as an outline.....unroll your mesh and simply wrap it around the rebar.......or go slowly with the roll and pound in 1 rebar at a time, tie the bar to the mesh with tie wire

Its impossible for ANY type of animal to get into it and I mean a BEAR couldnt get thru it, no joke

Wherever the ends come together, I use tie wire to keep it together and it acts like the entrance

I can put one of these up, SOLO, in the thick of the woods in under 30mins..its any size of a pen that i want, super secure and if ya want you can leave it in the woods till next year, jus go back and weedwack and its on again!

12. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Very nice man, ill deff. be doin this. Shit u dnt think of and i used it before... Fuckin concrete guys lol:mashed:

So what do u got planned for this summer CC?

13. ResinRubber

Makes sense CC, easy too. That's always a bonus. The problem is he sits about 50 yards away in the early spring just after they go into the ground and says "those wire animal guards are just to obvious" then tears them down. In July when the area is a fucking jungle of raspberry vines and mosquitoes no human would be willing endure you could park a Sherman tank in that scrub and not find it much less a wire fence.

I'm going to take your advice on the material. I know exactly what you're talking about. If the partner/landowner don't like it I gotta look for another spot.

14. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Solid idea I like it! :good job:

15. CrystalDreams

CrystalDreams Germinating

Ill be doing a few spots this year.Blueberry in one,death star in another,sweet tooth in another,jamaican LB in another and bcbigbud in another.Well thats more then a few haha.Ill be damned if i get screwed like this past year.

16. CCrete

The one thing that IS great about it is, the rust! That color blends in great with tree trunks, bark, dead shrubs etc...etc..

17. CCrete

I need a GREAT 8 weeker........I think this LUI is my answer, we'll see tho, prob about 12 or so

I bought a piece of land a bit over an acre and a half from a farmer, already perk tested and water on site, $8k, SCORE!

18. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

19. CrystalDreams

CrystalDreams Germinating

Saw a nice electric fence controller that ran on D batteries or you could wire it up to a car battery.It was small only about the size of a half gallon of milk.It said it worked up to 10 miles.The caps for the post are cheap and depending on how many post you need to surround your area,you could be looking at a couple hundred dollar investment to keep all animals away from your crop.It was Tractor supply who had it.Here is a link its only $90 and the wire is cheap depending on the type you get.http://www.tractorsupply.com/electric-fencing/electric-fence-controllers/electric-fence-dc-controllers-batteries/zareba-dc-operated-fencer-controller-10-mile-coverage-3616290

20. CCrete