old skool cloning

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by ResinRubber, Sep 25, 2014.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

HINT: Big pics so reduce screen size to 75% for easier viewing.:thumbsup:

So it's a garden day. The mom's have overgrown horribly and are badly in need of a trim. Actually, this is the way I learned to trim clones and keep mom's when I first started growing so kinda digging the simplicity again.

It's funny how after even a short break some of the skills break down. After much effort and kindness my stable of genetics (plus some) are back. Thank you guys...you know who you are. Forever in your debt. Anyways......kept losing clones. Even had to resend a bunch......clod hopper hands of mine couldn't grow-em. :bduh::icon_confused:

What's a guy do when his shit ain't working? Go back to when it did and start again. So that's what happened. Grew lanky assed mom's, topped twice and let them get big and bushy

Tunes to clone by.

[

Cut IT! You guys didn't think I was THAT much of an old head hippie type did you?

:pimp: Better. Moving on..... pics suck. Left my cam in the car and was too fucking lazy to get it.

10 fuzzy out of focus mom's have been left to their own under 200w's of T5 lighting.

[​IMG]

We take our no longer fuzzy plants and create a work station. Behind is the next plant. To the left our tray of clones. Center is a clean glass working surface with a tray of cuts waiting to be processed. To the immediate right is a trash tray and far right is hacked up branches waiting to be turned into cuts. Always have a sharpie, fresh razor, trimming shears and labels handy.

[​IMG]

In this process you literally cut the top 2/3's of the plant off. Just cut the whole damn thing and be done with it. No water glasses or jars. No snipping little twigs. Cut the fuckin' top off.

Now we got something that looks like this.

[​IMG]

What to do? Ho;ld it up and start hacking. Cut every stem at the node until you get to the top. Me likey clones from the tops!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only do one strain at a time...fucked that one up before:BangHead: If you grade your cuts into piles, you'll get a cut tray that looks like this. Tops on the left, big cuts center, small cuts right. This way you can easily judge the best clones to start with.

[​IMG]

Process them as you normally would with a fresh cut and stem scrape. Pop them in some cubes and on to the next plant.

[​IMG]

Uh dad? Still need to clean up.

[​IMG]

Quick shop vac. 10 in focus mom's ready to give it up in another month, 100 clones and a clean space. :redbong:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Mrgreengenes and HeadCase like this.
  2. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Way to go keeping that stable alive and well.... Me want some Trainwreck and Sno Cap and..... Lol

3. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Yellow stuff on the carpets great stuff?

Rockin n rollin bro :thumbs-up:

4. ResinRubber

:thumbsup: zactly

5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Atleast i am not the only messy one...:roffl:

You do clean up nicely thou...:coolbounce:

I got me one of those t5 lights, i wished i would have got one eairler. They are nice.

6. ResinRubber

Forgot to update this one.

As they say in the gardening world, the proof is in the rooting. At this point I simply put a scoop of soil mix in the bottom of a cowpot (pots made from manure), plunk in the cube and backfill with more soil mix. Make sure all voids between the cube and pot are filled with soil. This will give enough nutrients for nice bushy plantlets without the risk of too much moisture that can cause root rot or stem wilt.

Do not water for the first day. The moisture remaining in the rockwool cube should be adequate to moisten the soil mix.

The plants will stay in these pots for a week or two forming big hearty roots then planted in 1 gallon veg pots.

You'll notice one set of roots is much more vigorous. This flat was placed on a 17w heat mat and kept at exactly 78F. The others were left at ambient garden temps fluctuating between 65F and 75F. Again, the proof is in the rooting. Constant root zone temps between 75F-80F gives the best results.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

I've always just cloned in rockwool. Always worked. I've never used a heating pad though, but I may start. Thanks for the update.

8. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Looking good there old skool. :thumbs-up: :redbong: