Organic Lilies

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by ResinRubber, Jul 10, 2013.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I use the same mix in my lily beds as my cannabis gets. Seems to be working out fine. Here's a few early bloomers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Those colors are insane. Absolutely gorgeous flowers.

What is the mix, exactly?

3. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Very nice :thumbsup:

4. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Those are beautiful Res.

5. ResinRubber

Canna- the mixes are pretty random. Some of my own and some from a lady who's a local lily legend. Lilies are cool because they use so many forms of propagation. You got tissue culture, root division, bulblettes, peeling scales off the root system...and pollination for seeds. In one plant a gardener can learn about almost every form of propagation.

More soon...flower pods are swelling.

6. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I know like nothing about lillies so this is maybe a stupid question or maybe not...but can you cross the different colors together? I love those first one, purple is my favorite color. And I love the last orange ones second. A purple and orange lily would look awesome.

Yesterday my mom asked me why I could not just pollinate the acorn squash with the zucchini or lemon cucumber pollen since my acorn squash is not producing any male flowers for some reason and all the would be female squashes are withering away. I had to chuckle. But now I realize I may be asking something just as silly ;)

7. ResinRubber

Lily variations are endless. Cross pollination is simple and almost identical to cannabis in parent selection. Pick the traits you want and breed for them realizing only a small percentage will produce the type of plant your looking for. Lilies, unlike cannabis, is self sterile. Meaning they need to be cross pollinated to produce seeds.

The downer is it takes two years to see if any particular cross you're waiting for produced the desired outcome.

8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Beautiful Lilies. I love flowers in general. It's funny to see you with Lilies in July when it's scorching hot here and any lilies that bloomed here are long dead.

9. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Cool! I was just looking at a friend of mine's lillies and thinking about picking some up next year.

[YOUTUBE]7BmkBroiw1s[/YOUTUBE]

10. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Nice Lilies you PANSY.-Bud

11. ResinRubber

That's the other thread. But thanks for the recognition Bud.