Organic Liquid Fertilizers?

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by ShadowWarrior, Apr 20, 2010.

1. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

I've been looking into organics more and more, particularly the liquids.

I HATE using synthetic nutrients and I HATE watching my plants get burned because I misjudged how much to use.

Here is a product I've been considering(worm tea):
    http://www.planetnatural.com/site/organic-worm-tea.html?id=QtCLWstk:68.2.123.240

Has anyone used that? Is it good, what's your opinions?

I've also been looking into Fox Farm products as I've heard and read very good things about them.

I'm leaning more towards a worm casting product since I've read that it's so rich and pure that it alone can grow nice healthy plants, though this seems too good to be true.

I have put my plants on a 12/12 cycle and they are showing responsive signs and female parts. I want the most nutrient rich product I can use without fear of burning my girls.. or at least a minimal fear, since I already have and had to flush them.
    So what's your thoughts?
    Worm Tea or Big Bloom.. or even both?

2. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

general organics

i am here to say that i just finnished a run and the stuff works great i added some kushie kush on top of the the feed chart to boost the l amino acids and i just had the best yield so far out of my room .it looks to be over 5 lbs off 2 1'000s butt the final tally i'll post.. the stuff rocks i got the complete line in a sample box for shipping 23lbs like $6.oo now ill buy .i'm totally happy :flyy::beerchug-2::droooling::thumbs-up:

P.S. NO I HAVE NOT USED THE STUUF YOU ASKED I JUST HAD TO LET YOU IN ON A NEW LINE THAT WORKS AND DONT WORK FOR THE GENERAL

3. ShadowWarrior

sounds great but which product are you talking about?

I'm particularly wanting to hear reviews of worm tea... anybody?

4. mt.king

general organics

the entire line it has a feeding chart that i used plus the diamond black humic acid

5. mt.king

worm tea

GOOD SHIT !!:roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl:

6. ShadowWarrior

ok so you've tried the Fox Farm stuff AND the worm tea and you're saying both are good?

Good shit, yeah... ya know in some places people still use human shit to fertilize plants. It works really well on veggies. Disgusting to think about, but damn it grows them big and pretty.

7. mt.king

ive made worm tea

never used the fox farm stuff . i do know that not all of the ff line is organic .

i just was telling you of a product that works well and its hard to burn your girls with organics .. this time i just flushed the soil with plain RO water then pulled when dry

tastes sweet:thumbs-up:

8. ShadowWarrior

the product posted in the link is not a Fox Farm product, it's Dr. Pursifull's.

The worm on the label looks like Mr. T... has a mohawk, gold teeth and giant gold "T" medallion.

It's an inexpensive, generic-looking product, but sounds ok so I figured I'd ask. But worm tea in general appeals to me.

9. mt.king

worm poop

anyway you look at it its still good shit:roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl:

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I use Neptune's Harvest Fish/Kelp Emulsion almost exclusively for ferts. Mix it in the soil before planting too. The only issue I've found is a recurrent MG deficiency which is easily corrected by adding epsom to your soil mix along with any other amendments (lime, perlite, worm castings....) I dare anyone to burn a plant using emulsions.

cheers

11. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Earth Juice?

I was thinking of trying this stuff out the next time I buy nutrients. Earth Juice makes a complete line of Organic liquid ferts. I have used emulsions though and have had good results. I used Alaska grow and bloom and added a little molasses to the water every few waterings and had no burning at all, and no deficiencies from what i could see. I use Dr. Earth potting soil.

Earth Juice http://www.earthjuice.com/

12. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Hey, mt.king

You liked the General Organics line huh? I was looking into their line as well. It has several parts to it doesn't it? I would probably need to get a TDS meter to use it properly? I have been using General Hydro's Flora Nova because it's a one part grow and one part bloom. Really simple to mix even without a TDS meter. I have been wanting to switch to a fully organic line of nutrients though. Considering General Organics and Earth Juice.

13. ShadowWarrior

Thanks RR even though it wasn't the products I was asking about, I might give them a go. Do they produce any rank fish smell?

14. ResinRubber

The cheap fertilome stuff is like putrid mud. Neptune's isn't bad at all and the odor dissipates immediately after watering. Alaska is somewhere in between but again it dissipates rather quickly.

Sorry about not addressing the worm tea. Thought you were looking for alternatives.

15. ShadowWarrior

alternatives work too! I want something safe and effective. Since I have great luck growing everyting except MJ, which I've previously had pretty crummy luck with, I want something that's ard to burn plants with, and very rich with nutrients, yet won't cost me what's left of my soul.

But yeah, the worm products have sparked my interest and I'll probably try them anyway, but you've got me really interested in the fish emulsions now. As long as it doesn't make the room stink like a rancid fish market, I'll give them a go.

16. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

i believe Advanced Nutrients has an expensive line of liquid organic ferts... i've heard of them being preferred in hydro setups to soil though because you have such better versatility of amendments to soil at lower cost (like what Resin was talking about).

I have no experience with worm casting juice like you were talking about but check its nute values... I believe worm castings are mostly N and no PK? not sure, but they alone aren't really sufficient usually.

I'd look first into regular amendments for soil... just my two cents. they aren't gonna be any more pungent than the plants anyway

17. mt.king

you should'nt need the earth juce but i did make a compost te with thier alaskan humus compost and floraliscious plus al part of the gen o line

P.S. I DONT WORK FOR THE GENERAL :roffl:

18. ShadowWarrior

I took RR's advice and have some Neptune's Harvest Fish/Seaweed juice on order. Fish for ferts has worked for farmers for longer than is even on record. I suppose it'll work for me, too.

19. mt.king

bio fish

that was part of the order i works good & i use fish all the time i just took advantage of the free nutes well almost i think it was like 6 to 8 bucks ,:flyy:

20. ResinRubber

You won't be disappointed. One new gardener I was helping along never measured anything except ph while using Neptune's Fish/Kelp. It hurt to watch him tip the bottle into the watering jugs but I kept my trap shut figuring he would live and learn. Not one case of burn and I know he was fertilizing at rates two or three times what I would have been. Not one case of burn in 8 plants and he pulled a very healthy harvest.

With the emulsions watch for mag deficiency late in veg or early flower unless you've already compensated for it with soil amendments. It's easily fixed but something you should be aware of.

cheers,