outdoor cali grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by neoublie1987, Sep 26, 2011.

1. neoublie1987

neoublie1987 Germinating

I was wondering if anyone knows how to protect my plants from freezing up.The temp is dropping and flowers are blooming late.seems as though in week 5 and barely have buds starting.Will my buds just take longer to mature?if so it will be too cold mid november-mid december.I have heard about putting a fan outside because the plants cannot frost over when moving air is present.Is this true? does anyone have any other advice.Thank YOU

2. teachmethewayyy

teachmethewayyy DUBS AND NUGS!!!! VW4LIFE

if they arent too big or in the ground id bring them inside and finish them if it were me if it got too cold. at the same did if you did that dont put them in a room with other indoor plants as you could bring in pests. finish in another room is my suggestion if possible.

3. neoublie1987

neoublie1987 Germinating

plants are 4x4 ft in the ground.i found heating lines that are electric and can be ran along the garden bed.its very easy and cheap.its called hotbed.just heating the soil surface during winter months and the heat rises to warm the plants

4. teachmethewayyy

teachmethewayyy DUBS AND NUGS!!!! VW4LIFE

interesting.............about to do some reading on it.

5. olyhighlife

olyhighlife Germinating

Cover plants with plastic over night, cover ground. Be careful not to damage too many trics. I'm sure a few damaged trics are worth the finish outdoor product . Moving plants inside is probably overkill unless you have a significant amount of flower time left.

6. neoublie1987

neoublie1987 Germinating

cover the ground with plastic also? i would be concerned that the plants will hold to much moisture in the cold nights if i put them in a bag.and how does covering them up warm them, or protect them from frost and moisture that creates mold?