outside to inside

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by homegrown willy, Aug 9, 2012.

1. homegrown willy

homegrown willy GROW MASTER

Lost power on june 29th with no Ballast to take a generater so i had to put Clones i had outside for 2 weeks or so. i brought them back inside after transplanting them into pots. they all had great roots when i transplanted them. The problem is, They have all Died. :( Any ideas what the heck happened? Thanks in Advance. Jeff

2. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

best guess is that they werent eased into the harsher sunlight over time and they just cooked because they werent able to handle the suns rays just yet....other then that perhaps it was a watering issue but im betting they just didnt get hardened off right....good luck with yer next.

3. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

opps......didnt read that right.....sorry.....they died when you brought em back (inside).....well thats odd.....my guess here is the soil you put them in ...ph perhaps was very off???? hell im stumped bro....hope ya get a better answer.

4. homegrown willy

i was thinkin the same as you wwboy. My soil is organic and i got the mix from here so what about if i'm using rain water that i get and keep in a rain barrel. it didn't rain for like 2 or 3 weeks. you think the water went bad or something? i noticed a slight smell at one time. but i do always Ph bal. at 6.0 always before i water with.

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Bingo! That'd be my first guess.

6. homegrown willy

Lol which 1 Resinrubber? the soil i cked last night was at almost 7. BTW the mix i got from you. or the water? Man ifs it the water i sure have wasted alot time putting in a rain barrel with a water line going straight to my room.:BangHead: thx for all the help you 2. I will keep yall updated. i'll shoot a pic or 2 as well. i flushed one of em the other night and it looks like it might be starting to grow some. its been over 2 weeks now that i've em inside with no sighs of growth on none of them but maybe that one now.:BangHead:

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

The barrel is all that makes sense. We know the mix is solid, I been using it in one form or another for years. I use rain barrels all summer for all my plants and veggies and never had a problem. I do give them a capful of bleach when they get nasty though and added a cheap bubbler this year. But my guess is an anaerobic algae or bacteria could form after a couple weeks of no water movement then attack the roots when the water gets used. Never seen it or known anybody who has had something like that happen. But, to paraphrase Sherlock Holmes; "Once you rule out the impossible, whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the answer."

What did the root structure look like after they died?

8. homegrown willy

ok Bro that makes sense to me as well. never thought about using bleach to treat the water. it does have a greenish look to it when i put it in a clear water jug i use. the roots are still attached but brownish lookin after they die. i also use Great white. the pic i have to put in my album coz i don't know how to do it here. lol