overwatering

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by tiva420, May 25, 2003.

1. tiva420

tiva420 Veggy Stage

hey all :erm: was wondering if it possible to overwater in a hydrobucket? should you start with lowest setting on the pump and increase it throughout later stages of growth? :ponder:

like the lowest setting for veg
    middle setting for flower
    highest setting for bloom

thnx for any input :ebert:
    and here's to you :animbong:

2. hydro convert

hydro convert Developed Alternating Nodes

Yes it is possible to over water with hydro. Overwatering is not necessarily caused by you cycle. It can be caused by your choice of medium. You want your medium to stay moist, but not soaked. You want your medium to be able to drain which pulls oxygen down (rockwool) so that the roots can grow. Does a hydrobucket run contiuous? I dont think it should but I'm really not familiar with the operation, I think it may be an emitter type.

You should have recieved a medium with the bucket as a kit, this medium should suffice. With an emitter I would suggest a timer and cycle 3-4x/day for about 20-30 minutes. Again I am applying Ebb&flow techniques here so you may want to wait for someone else to verify. Herb? Useless? Mistical?

3. tiva420

tiva420 Veggy Stage

top drip hydrobucket [​IMG]

4. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

5. Dr GreenThumb

Dr GreenThumb Veggy Stage

is it the EZHYDROKIT? They are great

6. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

J.E. my ebbn flow only floods for 3 minutes, 3 times a day.

Tiva, its possible, yes. Using a drip, I am not sure of the cycles you want. Plus it would depend on the medium. Hydro corn or rockwool, etc. The best thing I can say is to monitor your plants. Drop off the frequency of the drip until your plants just barely start to droop. That is minimum frequency. Then adjust it up a little bit. Should be fine.

7. newfie

newfie Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Whats the GPH on the pump? You can buy regulators that attach to your dripper, I have one, it can reduce the drip to 1/2 gph or 1 gph. Try just having the pump on when the light is on, if your bucket can hold about a half inch of water your roots can just chill in there until the pump starts goin back.

GPH means Gallons per hour btw.

8. abrcrmb77

abrcrmb77 Guest

I have my pump on 24-7 and my plants are doing great.

9. Useless

A partner of mine who does drip into rockwool recommends 15 mins on for every hour.

10. newfie

newfie Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Isn't rockwool made up of fiberglass threads?

11. Useless

Basically newfie.

12. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

It's lava rock heated until it melts, then dripped onto a spinning wheel like a candy floss machine.

13. Useless

Never knew that choppy. Good tid-bit.