Own a firearm?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by blazerwill420, Jul 6, 2017.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

father to father, if you got guns in the house, make sure everyone including kids know how to use them just for general firearm safety. my kids are finally allowed to shoot their rifles, but it's skill that people should learn in my opinion. They have been cleaning and tearing apart guns since they been 2 y/o though just to so they know how they operate....the boys have better trigger discipline than most adults.

I don't hunt, but I have the ability to if i had too to survive.

But yea, i do believe in the better to have one and not need it for personal reasons. also i think it's foolish to think the government can help or protect you after a natural disaster. To many examples of fema just being absolutely clueless to trust my families lives to them

first thing i bought on my 21st bday was a pistol just because i could then went to the bar lol. Got my first rifle as a gift from my uncle at 13

Lvstickybud likes this.
  2. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I grew up in TX. Guns have been in my life since I was very young. Got my first BB gun at 5. By 8 i was toting around a 22 and a 410.
    Did a lot of hunting til I was around 16 then lost the urge to kill anything. Yeah, I would hunt if my family's survival needed it. As to having and not needing one as to the other way around ? I live out in the forest. peaceful place but if bad shit went down, no cop could be here in under 15 minutes. So, yeah. I have guns and my wife and sons know how to use them. I drilled em all on gun safety and the fact that you NEVER point one at somebody unless you have to use it. I hope dearly that nothing ever gets shot other than an offending tin can or target.

3. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Yeah I grew up hunting too. And I feel the same way. You know what - I did have an attempted intrusion by a drunk neighbor when I wasn't home about 10 years ago. Dude rode a 2-stroke dirt bike with a bad pipe on it into my yard and another neighbor saw him pounding on the door. If I had been there I might have capped his ass. Later found out who it was. Not sure I'm glad I didn't shoot him (he was an asshole), though I would feel bad if I killed him for yelling and beating on my door while drunk. Apparently he thought he was somewhere else...

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I'd worry more about LEO. They'll shoot you faster than just about anybody.

5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I am proud of my kids, they know guns and we now shoot together, just got my daughter her own steel targets. Still keep them in certian places, they are not allowed big hand guns by them selves yet.

Oh and the saying about not having gun and needing it. Been there. Never again.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  6. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I had to post this story. True no bs. My buddy his wife and two kids were primitive camping in OH. 4-5 young guys set up on hill across from them, 2nd night they (punk guys) were shooting guns and bow n arrows and was saying things like, "yeah we'll rape that bitch and kill him" off in the distance they could hear them, well not having a gun, my buddy and his wife were flipped out. So quick thinking set in with my buddy, told the wife and kids to get in car and start it, if shit went down they were to leave and get help, so my buddy walked over to where the guys were and walked up to the biggest guy there and said "are you the motherfucker who wants a 9mm bullet in the head first? Dude got all scared and was apologizeing for their bs talk and the one dude with a bow n arrow in his hands was crying saying "I told you he would hear us and come kill us!"

Moral of story is it was well played by my friend but it could of went south fast. I would rather carry mine just in case besides the "I can carry" which is the best reason.

nippie likes this.
  7. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I know a few tjat have survived, enough to carry

8. toshin

toshin Active Member

I don't have anything here that would have to be registered. Many of my neighbors carry but the location is remote enough that I have never had any issues. Even the Jehovah's Witnesses here just send a letter. I have a few high powered air rifles for the pests around here, but that's all it is needed for.

9. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

I have guns, carry one almost everywhere i go and opted not to get a license to do so to keep off the list. I only have 1 rifle registered that's a .22, and a lower for a 5.56 that i bought and used to build a nice a.r. i traded the a.r off for a 308 hunting rifle and a 9mm hand gun. I have added to my arsenal since then. 20171230_141513.jpg this is my newest addition, I'm kinda proud of her