Photo Upload!

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Administrator, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

OK GrowKind members, The photo problem should be fixed for everyone.

I believe the up load capacity is 5000 pictures before you up load your first one. :bravo:. So I believe that will more than take care of picture storage issues

2. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Only 5,000? Haha, j/k. Sounds great. :bravo:

I might have mentioned this before, but I'm of the opinion that uploaded pics should be held by the site so that they can't be deleted by a member later. It ruins the continuity of old threads when all the pics have been deleted. Has any thought been given to this idea?

3. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

I actually agree. If Webby pays the bills to host images here then they should be property of Growkind:2c:

4. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

:bump: :beerchug:

5. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I strongly disagree

6. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I'm with you. If I don't have control over whether or not I can delete photos I upload to GK I will no longer be uploading any photos. Just my personal feeling on the matter, for what it's worth.... Probably not much :roffl:

7. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

computer vs droid

I can open all the windows to move my pictures around and post them on threads but the problem is I don't have the ability to run 2 windows at once on my droid phone can you have to have the second window open to paste and copy and I do not have a computer.

so I have to tell you everybody that's ever help me post my pictures to my thead thank you

8. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I've noticed that the search function does not work on my iphone for the GK site. If you try and search it allows you to enter one character and then automatically searches for that one character. When you go back to the search box again it will be populated with that one character. When you enter another character it goes and searches for two characters and so on. I only mention this because you guys said you want the site to have all the latest bells and whistles, that bell and whistle is broke. Mt Kings issue I think is related to his phone and I think the search thing is related to how gk is coded. Thanks for all of your hard work. Carry on.

9. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

ICMAG used to have, and maybe still does, a nuke button you could click on and that one click would delete your entire account, pictures and all. I'm for that.

10. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I believe a mobile site is being work on as well. But you should be able to open more than one tab in chrome or dolphin on all android phones.

11. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

The exact same thing happens when you try to give someone rep while using an iPhone.

12. DXE

DXE Moderator

Try the 'dolphin' browser (free) for the iphopne/ipad

13. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Has any one but me had/have an issue with iPhone pics showing up all different ways-ie upside down, sideways etc. I can make them upright, but enlarged they are upside down and so on. This is irritating me and everyone who views a pic I post. Just wondering what the deal is, still love the site.

14. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

If I upload a pic directly from my iPhone to my gallery here on GK they always load upside down. If I copy or move the pic from the iPhone to my PC and upload to GK from the PC then everything loads right side up.

Duc

15. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Any trouble just fire me a PM and i'll sort it for you.Mods can also upload the bigger images for members too if required. Did you email the youtube vid to the growkind email or PM Duffman yet?I aint logged into check yet,if so im on it:cool:

16. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Ya I did email it. I had to send it in pieces cause it was to long @ 3 mins. Gonna check to see if he did anything with it yet. And duc, I don't have a PC yet. Damn laptops are expensive!! Once I get one and some Internet I think the problem will go away.

TheApprentice likes this.
  17. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Check your mailbox:thumbsup: The fact its broken into 3 will be easy enough id imagine.Im not a regular youtube uploader,only done it a few times but the fact the video is upside down might be trickier i dont know.Iv posted in Amin for our more tech gifted video uploaders to decide.Either way if i cant get it done myself tonight then i'll get on it tomorrow for you if no other Admin or Duffman can advise.Looking good though:icon_salut:

18. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Just made a few more that are shorter and hopefully upright! I threw in some commentary as well. Hope it makes posting them easier for ya.