playing with qwiso

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by teamster6, Mar 3, 2009.

1. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

skunky

looks like a great batch skunky. I am going to try it right away. great post

teamster6

2. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Was talking to useless just a minute ago and he said he can get the same results using a pan of hot water, a heating pad on low, and a fan blowing on it. So may give that a try to purge the alcohol away.

3. cheebamonkey

cheebamonkey Harvested Frosty Nugs

hey skunky i have been playing with this alcohol extraction too. I used about a ounce of leaf and trim , took about 2 hours to boil off the alcohol and then i let it sit for 10 hours, then scraped it up and rolled into a ball , it looks just like the stuff on teamsters post. My question is , will this shit make me go blind? Ive heard alcohol is dangerous when inhaled. I Dont smell any alcohol and this stuff has the consitancy of a resin ball scraped out of a bong just no nasty resin smell. How long should I wait untill this stuff is ready to smoke ? thanks mate.

Its been about 15 hours since the evaporation.

4. cheebamonkey

If there was alcohol or some kind of by product in this Id smell it right ?

Just dont want to mess my poor head up any worse than it is haha

5. cheebamonkey

this stuff smells sweetish, almost like a rich honey beer. when i break it open it looks like resin on the outside and a lighter color on the inside but smells like something with honey on it maybe Honey on toast haha:passit: . Id take a picture, but i stopped uploading them because the quality is so low.

6. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Hey cheeba

Hey guy I have been smoking it for about three weeks now. Can I just smoke it until I need glasses????????? HA hA

dUDE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GO BLIND

TEAMSTER6

7. cheebamonkey

I smoked three little pieces of it out of my bong its good stuff,

Thanks Teamster just checking, i couldnt find anywhere how long to wait.

8. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

hey cheeba

We tried in a pipe and could not stop plugging it up. What works really nice is to heat it on a knife and snort it. When done scrape the blade with a razer blade. It is good even with leafs imagine what it would be like made out of buds great stuff

teamster6

9. skunky

Not sure about inhaling isopropylalcohol causing blindness I know pure grain ethanol can possibly but mainly it's methanol. Atleast I have heard more about methanol causing blindness because it is broken down in the liver giving formic acid and formaldehyde. Not sure if it's both or just one of the two that's the leading cause but anyway.

Don't double boil to evaporate. Either use a no heated evaporation or set up something like a double boiler but put on a heating pad instead of a stove. If you actually boil the water that much heat will degrade and discolor the product.

10. cheebamonkey

yep, I dont think it will hurt anything. as long as the alcohol is evaporated 100% ... I smoked a about 2 grams of this stuff in a week and its absolutely "the bomb" haha, Your the man skunky!! Teamster6 good thread bro!

11. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

looks good skunk.....glad to see someone is keepin' this hobby going.....man I miss my honey oil. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

12. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

Solvent vs Non-solvent hash

This thread has answered almost ALL of my questions! I know this is the QWISO thread, but do any of you use or prefer the other, non-solvent methods of making hash? Like where you gently brush of the head glands and trics through a super-fine mesh twice, scrape up the the resin powder, start kneading it with your fingers and eventually press it?

13. skunky

Fuck dry sieve, it's a pain and is easy to contaminate if you don't have a tumbler and don't feel like setting there for fucking ever being gentle trying to sift.

You can do the same thing with QWISO or bubble/water hash. It's a powder too, you have to press it with the hand. If the QWISO is still gooey it's not dry enough.

14. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

Thanks Skunk. I've been reading up on both sides of the coin. On an intuitive level, it seems to me that the ISO method will lend itself most to my efforts.

I studied all kinds of growing info for 9 hours yesterday. I'm well on my way to that mark today.

15. GuitarCrazyo

GuitarCrazyo Excommunicated

playing with qwiso

If im playing with a slow person on my team i will make them catch up to me, that is atleast what my coach told me to do, if its with friends on the team we would just make fun of someone if the play too slow too slow meaning round takes longer than 4 hours