Pressed Kief Bolt Hash

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by friendlyfarmer, Feb 25, 2013.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

I've been fooling around with trying to make kief more portable and easier to handle on the go. Pressing it into hash seemed logical and after some experimentation, I have gotten some pretty nice textured and burning hash. Here's a quick and easy home-made kief press that makes portable hash "coins" of between 1 and two grams each.

Start with some kief, a 14mm 1/2" drive socket (deep), a few brass bolts, one nut, a vise or large C-clamp, and a hammer and nail punch. You also may need a metal file to make the bolt heads fit snugly into the socket, and a hack saw for cutting the bolts.

To make the press, drop one of the brass bolts into the socket the wrong way, with the threaded part heading into the tube first, such that it comes out the bottom where the drive would normally go. Once fully seated in the bottom (drive end) of the socket, cut off the projecting bolt flush with the bottom of the socket.

Next drop the second brass bolt head first down into the socket, and thread the nut on the bolt to measure depth (and also thickness and therefore weight) and provide lateral stability for the bolt head, ensuring an even coin.

Here, I'm making a 1 gram hash coin. I have pre-cut the press bolt to make a 1 gram coin when flush with the socket top.

[​IMG]

Here's the press. You could stamp a design, logo, the weight or even small word into the hash coin if you could mill the bolt head. :eusa_eh:

[​IMG]

Dump the kief in. Try not to spill.

[​IMG]

Put the top bolt down into the socket, and press the bolt down onto the kief with a vise. A C-clamp works just as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After letting it sit for 10 minutes or so, release the vise or clamp and use the nail punch to punch out the bottom (drive end) bolt, pushing out the top bolt and then the hash coin.

[​IMG]

Not much waste :thumbsup::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

:redbong::redbong: Burns good!

[​IMG]

ResinRubber likes this.
  2. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Good idea. I like it! :good job:

3. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

MAN FF you are McGiver

4. friendlyfarmer

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now qualified to do anything, with nothing."

:thumbsup::redbong:

5. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

Love that quote!

Great McGuyvering skills.

Peace.....

6. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

To be honest that looks like it works ten times better than the press our friends gave us a while back that we never use anymore and probably cost $30! :thumbs-up:

7. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

that looks like it works great, now I 'm wishing I hadn't wasted so much money on mine

8. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

So said the crew of the Bounty as they headed out to meet Sandy:5eek:

9. friendlyfarmer

Ya know what's so crazy is I can see little bits of me in each of the Bounty's crew.

10. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

This is an awesome idea, FF!

11. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

i like it. fixin to go try it:thumbsup: