Pro Mix Brk

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by NUGZ, Apr 10, 2006.

1. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

i'm planning an indoor start and then putting my babies outdoors when it is safe.this is my first grow so please take into account that i dont want to F up that bad! i got some free soil/ bark based growing medium-A SHIT TON OF IT from a buddy for free, i was wondering if this would be something i could use to grow my weed in or if i should just use a percentage of it as a mix with some Fox farms ocean forest or something? here is some of the info on this PRO MIX BRK-

Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss(40-50 % / vol.)

Dolomitic & Calcitic Limestone
    (pH adjuster)
    Endomycorrhize (Mycorise® Pro)
    Macronutrients

Processed Pine Bark (35-45 % / vol.)

Micronutrients
    Perlite — horticultural grade
    Wetting Agent

here is the write up on it:

PRO-MIX 'BRK', now enhanced with MYCORISE® PRO a “General Purpose”, peat/bark-based growing medium offering the renowned quality and consistency of PRO-MIX. Its processed Pine bark adds weight and reduces water retention of media while its quality Sphagnum peat moss ensures optimal balance between air and water. This mix resists long-term compaction and improves container stability.

tell me what u think guys, any input would be appreciated!:D :D :D

2. blazechelon

blazechelon Guest

Thats a recommended mixture in alot of the books I've read. I Use something along the same lines (Vermiculite + Perlite). My topsoil contains some peat/bark, it drains well and is airy with the vermi and perlite so its good. Plants are a month old and they seem to like it :)

3. NUGZ

NUGZ Full Flowering

yes, but what is the ratio you mix it with perlite and vermiculite? thanks