Purple#1 from DutchPassion...

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by TheApprentice, Jan 29, 2008.

1. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

SMOKE REPORT
    (Ratings out of 10 per # aswell as comments)

#1-Strain:> PURPLE#1(GROWN INDOORS ALTHOUGH AN OUTDOOR STRAIN)

#2-Appearance:> PURPLE(YOU KNOW THE BUDS ARE READY WHEN THEY TURN A NICE SHADE OF PURPLE)

#3-Taste:>Almost like a kind of earthy,skunky taste with that kinda taste you get from some purple strains

#4-Aroma:> Sweet and aromatically skunky!

#5-High/Stone type:> Average 6/10

#6-Source:>dutch passion

#7-Price:>£9.50 for 10 seeds

#8-Potency:> 6/10

#9-Overall Rating:>7/10 (due to the fact its ready in 5-6 weeks easy)

#10-Overall Description:> A great strain if speed is your requirement but for me id rather wait longer on a strain for quality,plus the yield wasnt as big as my usual grows TBH.

#11-Would you Reccomend:> Well i guess...to a beginner for speed and price

#12-Smokers General Comments:> Tokes ok,you get stoned but i aint gonna bullshit,it aint the best,in fact the worst of all my strains iv did reports on but thats not to say it aint worth trying,i made some feminised seeds so i WILL grow it again so it aint all bad,just trying to be realistic.

2. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...hope to share...

...soon...

...have two DP Purple #1's of me own at approx. week 4 bloom...they are both 'bout 4-4.5 ft tall...and the purple tones are awesome too see...I will be sharing pixs soon...that is with a bit o' luck I will...cheers...

...DC...:XXsunsmile::new_scatter:

3. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I am not sure I believe you smoked this weed.....:smoke2:

Seriously though, it's characteristics seems like they could compliment a bigger buzz strain well in a cross-bread....thanks for doing these reports for those of us who are still playing around with our N, O, W, B "brands" collected throughout the ages...tons of info for the though of future seed purchases! :smoke2:

4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Your a wind up mrchant so you are Lion!!!

:scream:Stop winding me up Lion:icon_wink:...I aint taking that bait,lol!

... Dont get me wrong, i wasnt dissing the purple#1 but out of all the strain i have in my collection all i meant was its my least favourite,in fact thats why iv still got so many of the seeds left cos i only grew it one time so far,the smoke was decent but just not anywhere near as good as my other strain i grew in the last year like my POG,K2 or BIG BANG for instance. It smoked okay but maybe its cos it is an outdoor strain that i didnt get the best out of it i dunno:ponder:

I gave a fellow GKer some to grow indoors and he too agreed with me,the plants were way smaller than DP made themn out tobe,they didnt have a great yield but that could be down to the fcat they were 'speed grown',they can mature faster than most strains which is exactly why i purchased this strain.Its was also very cheap at only £9.50 for a pack of them from my local seedshop.But i wouldnt tell ppl not to buy this strain,just IMHO it wasnt as good as some of my other strains and also of strains i was toking at the time i made this report,etc.It is still a half decent strain,just nothing out of the ordinary or nothing speical IMO but the guy in the shop gave it a good recc to me so maybe it was just i didnt grow it good enough,i know i could or should have vegged it longer and also flowered it longer but speed was of the essence at the time TBH.

Put it this way Lion,heres another growers report on the same strain from weedbay.com and you will notice that his report is similar to mines as in he said it didnt have a huge yield but still respectable and he also says it wasnt the best of strains but fun to grow,etc.Notice how i said it was kinda sweet aswell and the purple colour really comes through?Well this guy says the same,there are other reports that are similar to mine cos iv just done a gogle search for reports on the strain and most of them are kinda the same opinion as me,but everyone has a differing opinion... i can assure you i smoked it though,as iv said previously,whats the point in misleading fellow members by making false reports:ponder: The whole point is to create a forum of reports that will help ppl decide on a strain,etc.All i did was give my take on the strain,i might even pop one of the seeds into my new grow and document it like other grow thread,iv just not been able to take pics recently due to my cellphone being broke and losing my bluetooth device that enables me to tranfer images from phone to computer,etc,anyway heres a fellow growers :2c: on the strain i reported on above.Cheers:bongin:

Breeder's Description - 'Purple #1'

A strong plant (50% Indica, 50% Sativa), easy to grow. Purple Afghan seeds have been crossed in Holland with Indica and Sativa varieties since 1983. The plants are fully adapted to the Dutch climate and have a respectable yield. This variety has calyxes that turn purple, starting at the beginning of flowering. Up to 90% of the plants turn purple. Has a rough but subtle aroma and a very good high.

Grower Report - ubcchemo on August 15, 2004, 2:39 pm Purple #1 from Dutch Passion rated 6.86

Overall Rating: 7 Effect: Varied effects

Potency: 6 Stature: Very tall and lanky

Yield: 6 Phenotype: Mixed, Indica / Sativa

Ease: 9 Indoor: 45 to 50 days

Appearance: 8 Outdoor: Not Listed

Odor Level: 5 Odor: piney/citron

Taste Level: 6 Taste: pine

Grower's Tilt: 8 Sexes: Standard (M/F)

SI Rating: Not Listed Vintage: Not Listed

I grew these for something diffrent to do and to trial them indoors and out.

The seeds germed in 10 hrs,and popped in 2 days.Initial growth was kinda slow but after the first transplant they really took off.

I only vegged them for 3 weeks after transplant.7 seeds 100% germination.3 males,2 hermies,2 females.These wre said to finish in 6 weeks but i gave them 7 and if you want really crazy color go 8 maybe 9.the buds were not huge but decent size.

Smoking it was decent,kinda sweet and rough,and the smell was not to horrible.My overall thought on this strain is that its fun to grow but not the best in the garden.

http://www.weedbay.net/modules.php?modid=15&action=show&id=243